“Long experience for many years”
Review of The Leela Mumbai

The Leela Mumbai
Ranked #18 of 456 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've been starting my stays at this hotel about 25 years ago , and every time I have to cross Mumbai on my trips to India I choose it . Especially after the latest renovation , the rooms at the Club floor are wonderful , while restaurants and all other amenities are as good as ever .
Its location a few minutes from the international airport is the most convenient for a traveller , and despite being near a crowded area , it's absolutely quiet and peaceful . I remember that in occasion of my 25th visit , long ago , I had been received with flowers , a cake etc . which is certainly not common .

Room Tip: No special recommendations , all the rooms are very good , if possible choose a Club room or a suite...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We spent our first night there. Amazing hospitality staff, Classic premiere rooms. Do check resturants / dinning areas like Citrus or jamavar. Plan to have a hair cut then lavish at warren tricomy...... I think thier 1st in india

Room Tip: Preimere rooms are good. If lavish Go for maharaja suite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Manish J
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had great service and really enjoyed our very brief stay. My biggest tip is to pay for a club room - with breakfast and airport transfers included and the use of the club lounge I believe it is much better value overall. Wonderful buffet breakfast. Our flight was late but we were greeted promptly on arrival and whisked (5 minutes max) to the hotel. Room was lovely, great shower. We couldn't have asked for more. They even ordered a taxi and negotiated a rate with the driver to take us into Mumbai as we left the hotel. A lovely start to our holiday.

Room Tip: As I said the club rooms were great and I believe that package is best value overall.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 187046Caroline
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This time it was much better compared to last trip as this time I booked 4th floor room.
Room was Big, Nice & Clean, washroom was very nice, I loved it.
Nicely placed work desk facing bed so you can work as well as discuss something with person sitting in front of you which is lacking in many hotels as desk are usually facing wall.
Nescafé Gold coffee and Twinings tea was very nice with liquid creamer.
Very good room service, sometimes they are delayed but its ok..

Room Tip: book above 2nd floor its nice.. and towards pool
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great rooms. Clean and tidy. Excellent Laundry Service. Amazing food and very helpful chefs. Quick check in and out. Worth all the money. Good Value for money. Very near to the domestic and international airport. Excellent airport transfer service with luxurious cars and professional drivers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This might be a strange review since it is less about the hotel itself and more about its Customer Service. But I decided to write this because good customer service is so rare these days that when you get it, it needs to be shared.

I was booked at the Leela, Mumbai for one night on November 4, 2013. I was flying out of New York, staying in Mumbai for the night and flying out to Goa the next day. I had the hotel and airport pick up arranged. I was a lady travelling alone and had stayed at the Leela in Gurgaon several times and trusted the brand completely. This was my first time in Mumbai so I thought the Leela would be a good choice again.

As luck would have it, my flight UA 48 from Newark had technical problems and the flight got cancelled. After taking off and flying for about 2 hours we were taken back to New York. So in the middle of the night while trying to get my ticket changed and other things, I call the Leela and explain the situation to them and request that given the unusual circumstances could they please not charge me for the night. The agent that I spoke to was Aditi. She was professional and friendly at the same time. She told me that she was going to speak to the manager and get back to me as soon as she could. When asked if I should call her back she said that since I was already so hassled she would do so and took my cell phone number at that time.

In about 20 minutes or so I get a call back from her informing me that the Manager had agreed not to charge me for the night. Although it was well within their rights to say no to my request ( because I would have checked in in 12 hours) they did not do so.

I cannot reiterate how much that is appreciated by a very loyal customer from now on. If someone from the Leela is reading this please not that this has been written by Mrs Tandon. I cannot give you my full name for privacy reasons.

I have had great experiences at the Leela always and will continue to give them my business. Thank you again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lovegoodthings
Ashish R, General Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Mrs Tandon,

Greetings from The Leela Mumbai.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and your feedback has been shared with the team. It is heartening to note that our efforts to make your stay as a single lady traveller comfortable have been appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you in our midst soon again.

Ashish Kumar Rai,
General Manager.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during a 18 hour stopover on the way out on India. The hotel itself is clean and nicely appointed. The staff friendly and efficent. The car service from the domestic terminal and to the international terminal was reliable and quick.

We enjoyed the shoping options on the lower level and the beautiful pool area. The spa is also really beautiful, relaxing and I had a wonderful swedish massge there.

Overall this hotel was exactly what we needed after a hectic Indian vacation and I would recommend staying here for stop overs, business or just a relaxing evening.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Leela Mumbai.

Thank you for sharing feedback about your stay with us.

We look forward to meeting you soon again.

Ashish Kumar Rai,