“Great Hotel, good for the Airport”
Review of The Leela Mumbai

The Leela Mumbai
Ranked #20 of 485 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice this year as a stopover as I transfer to Mumbai Airport. The hotel, grounds and rooms are excellent but expect to tip.
Rooms have all the amenities you would expect and although slightly warn (if you look hard enough) provided good value for money.
Pool and Bar areas are again very good, there is a tree over hanging the pool the provides shade, watch out for the local birds who appear to use swimmers has target practice as they rest on the branches above.
Restaurants are again very clean and the service excellent, they are slightly pricey but you pay for quality. The lack of a lower price snack option was disappointing, maybe it’s there but I just missed it. Breakfast has an excellent selection of food and beverages, something for everyone.
The hotel also provides an excellent BMW Airport transfer
All in all I enjoyed my stay and would consider a longer stay in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Ashish R, General Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Greetings from The Leela Mumbai.

My team and I are delighted to note that your overall experience during the stay with us was pleasant. I shall look into your comments with my team to devise solutions basis feasibility.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ashish Kumar Rai

Write a ReviewReviews (2,235)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I, along with my family, stayed in the hotel for my business trip. I was spell bound by the luxury and quality that the hotel had in spite of being in India. It was an amazing stay. The food quality and variety was excellent. The place was very child-friendly. The hospitality of the team was highly appreciated. We had a fabulous stay in the hotel. Thank you very much, The Leela Mumbai.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MaLaKaJo
Ashish R, General Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Greetings from The Leela Mumbai.

We appreciate the effort in penning your feedback, as it is the response from discerning travellers such as yourself that helps us refine our offering further.

General Manager.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Like all the Leela properties i have been to, the hotel gives a royal feel. I have stayed there just for one night on a business trip, but would love to stay again. The food at their Indian restaurant, I guess 'Jamawar', was simply outstanding. The rooms were a bit small, but very well done. I didnt have breakfast there, so can't really comment on it. The gym and spa are good. They have all these granola bars, energy drinks and fruits, at the gym, available for free for residents, signature Leela hosptality. The hotel is near to the international airport but distant from the city.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from The Leela Mumbai.

I am glad to know our offering exceeded your expectation. I shall convey your feedback to our team, as comments such as this is very motivating indeed.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

It felt more like a holiday destination after a busy day in crowded city. Swimming pool and bar area is amazing. The gym is well illuminated. The steam and sauna area is a must try. Try booking 20 days in advance and you might get a good deal.

Room Tip: Club rooms have a good work-station which helps on a business tour.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from The Leela Mumbai.

Thank you for your kind appreciation about our offerings. I am delighted to know that our services met your expectations.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We flew in from Singapore and stayed here in the days leading to Christmas eve in Dec 2012 for two nights before heading to Mangalore. We were offered a complimentary pickup from the airport which was a bonus. From there on nothing worked fine. The Leela staff could get very paranoid about security. We had a couple of innocous plastic and steel kitchen knives which we had to remove from our baggage and submit to the duty manager- an annoying experience to say the least and one that made the checkin process very lengthy. We were given a room on the second floor and all we could see from the window was a huge contingent of policemen. The breakfast on the first morning was the worst experience we could imagine - a bunch of immobile and expressionless henchmen not offering any sort of service. The kind of people having breakfast suggested that a political party with its workers we're camped in. The hotel called for a cab later that day who not knowing we knew the city well, tried charging three times the regular radio taxi fare. The breakfast experience the next morning improved dramatically with regular staff returning and so did the crowd. Will I come back again - no and this is because of the poor service. I would rather stick to ITC Grand Maratha or even the much further located Rennaisance.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Its_Casti
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your stay at The Leela Mumbai.

At the outset, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. While the comfort of our guests is important, their security and safety is paramount. Our screening procedures are in line with international standards and guidelines laid down by the Indian authorities. I trust you will understand the precarious situation we would find ourselves in if all measures are not followed.

While we work with local cab service providers for most of our guests, we will definitely take up your complaint with them to ensure this is not repeated in future.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to showcase our offering to you. We look forward to welcoming you in our midst soon again.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

+ Very close to the international airport
+ Food varieties & Nambiar's dosas
+ Good front desk staff

- Very small rooms
- Swimming pool without dress change rooms
- Swimming pool with poor water circulation & lot of rotting leaves
- Rowdies as bell boys & greeting people; spoiling the mood; demanding (rather extorting) tips without doing anything and misbehaving when refused;

Will not return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kuwait_visitor

Thank you for taking the time to fill in this review.

I am glad to see that our proximity to the international airport, our wide array of F&B offering and our team at the Front Desk were to your expectations.

Your comments about the rooms, pool and our bell desk team have been noted. Our team of bell boys usually earn a lot of accolades from our guests for their helpful nature and attitude and hence your feedback comes as a dissappointment. I shall personally speak to the team and ensure this is not repeated in future. As a business hotel, we have room categories to suit various guest needs and budgets. May I request you to ask about the various categories when you make a booking next and, I am sure, we will have something to suit your requirement. For our guests enjoying a swim in the pool, we have a shower and changing area in the Spa, leading straight from the pool itself. My apologies that the team did not point it out to you. I shall take this and your observations about the bell desk with the team directly.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to rectify this and look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hotel Leela is very close to the airport and this is a big plus if you do not have to travel to the city elsewhere. I was here for a seminar, so fine by me. The room was quite good with all the comforts and amenities you would expect from a 5 star. Breakfast was nice spread and varities. There is shopping area within the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank R_K_Rana

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your trip to our city.

I am happy to note that The Leela Mumbai met your standards and expectations. In spite of having a 25-year old heritage and being among the first five-star hotels to start operations in North Mumbai, we have kept ourselves abreast with the latest advancements in style and technology to meet the evolving requirements of the discerning business traveller. Refurbishment of the hotel is an ongoing process which we shall continue to undertake in keeping with changing guest preferences.

We hope to welcoming you in our midst soon again.