“Good business hotel, near Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Leela Mumbai

The Leela Mumbai
Ranked #19 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Singapore, Singapore
“Good business hotel, near Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

A tad expensive considering the hotel's age and its surroundings.
I'm a Chinese Singaporean, and the chinese restaurant's food taste good and it taste like home. :)

The indian resto served very nice curries as well. Overall, a good experience but like I said, too bad there are nothing much around the hotel, or any sort of malls linking to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SOWTN
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Greetings from The Leela.

My team of Chefs join me in thanking you for your kind words. I do hope you had a chance to meet Chef Suen – our Chinese Chef who is from the mainland himself.

Although we are a 25-year old hotel, we pride ourselves on offering the best-in-class product and service, be it our BMW fleet of cars, superior room offering, world-class Spa (managed by ESPA-trained therapists) and Warren Tricomi Salon. And keeping this product and our 11-acre lush green property, our rates are in line with any and competitive with other hotels in the same league.

I would love the opportunity to meet you and show you around on your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you at the hotel again.

Best,
Resident Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We turned up without a booking on the last day of our holiday. We were warmly welcomed and were given a suite at a very reasonable rate. I had stayed at this hotel before on business trips but this was my first stay with my family. My wife and kids were very impressed. A great way to finish our first holiday in India !

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank joec918
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us.

We are glad we were able to match your expectations and leave a lasting impression of our land in your memories.

We look forward to welcoming you back in our midst soon again.

Best,
Godalming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was an excellent hotel to stay at when travelling from the nearby Mumbai airport, the pick up and transfer to the airport was on time and efficient. The room was lovely, a good (free) internet connection and the breakfast was excellent with a very good choice of food on the buffet and the masala dosa was 'historic'...we had a chance to sit by the pool for an hour or so, and the gardens were also very nicely laid out. All in all, I'd recommend this hotel for business travel around Mumbai.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Carol K
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your glowing feedback of our hotel.

If you liked spending time in our gardens, we recommend that you experience the Yoga sessions conducted by our trained instructor every morning, on your next visit.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back.

West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Leela many times while in and traveling through Mumbai.
I only stay here because I trust the hygiene and safety. It has repeatedly delivered high performance.
An added plus, it is just 10 minutes from BOM international airport.
They will pick you up and drop you back at the airport quickly in one of the BMW sedans.
You should give it a try.

• Stayed April 2013
Greetings from The Leela.

On behalf of my entire team, I thank you for making us your preferred host in Mumbai.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you are travelling for leisure - please avoid. Leela is definitely showing its age and I would say caters more for business needs. I chose the hotel as I just needed a nights stay near the airport and they had an easter offer which included airprort transfers and breakfast, which none of the hotels in the area had for the same standards - For this, it fit my needs perfectly - a basic place to stay to catch my next days flight (dont bother about views as there isnt much - they say premier city view, but this is laughable). Pick up was smooth and their breakfast good (however stayed at another place during my trip and not comparable with other 5 stars in variety). We arrived at midnight and the place was pretty much dead - said the bar was open until 1:30 - but by 1 am, they were literally pushing us out the door - took the last order and shut off the lights. We were hungry and were looking for some food from their all day dining menu, however the selection was really pathetic with very basic food - we decided to just go to bed and take advantage of the breakfast. All in all I would say, if you are on holiday please dont stay here - there are many better hotels. For work and for a night, I think it is ok . I personally prefer the ITC Maratha if you want to stay in the area- they are a bit more expensive, but sometimes they have upgrade offers which make it worth it and also the amenities and service there is simply amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Greetings from The Leela.

Thank you for taking the time to pen down your feedback.

My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced at our bar and the all-day dining. I will speak to the teams to understand what went wrong. However, I would like to reiterate that Citrus, our all-day dining is a three-time winner of the Times Food Awards, an accolade that is conferred by diners themselves. Rest assured that your experience was a one-off and will not recur.

On your next stay, please ask to be booked into our well-appointed pool-view rooms which offer a far more soothing view than any hotel in the vicinity.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to right our mistakes.

I look forward to meeting you soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

One the best Kerala food. Malabari Chicken curry is one of the best. Excellent Service, Quality & Ambience together makes it a very good place for special occasions. Cost obviously being a 5 star is on the higher side but its still worth the visits.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words.

Our team of Chefs is thrilled to know that your family and you enjoyed dining with us. Please note that we are competitively priced, when compared to hotels of the same stature.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

It has an amazing decor, great room service and beautiful gardens and pool. Excelent breakfast There wasn´t decaffeinated coffee at our last breakfast and our room wasn´t ready when we arrived at 01 AM.
Located away from tourist attractions, offers a shuttle to the "Gate of India"
Located near the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport of Mumbai, National and International terminals.
Luggage tips for India Airports
Checked baggage -- Be aware if there is a security step before check-in. You have to have the security seal for dispatch your luggage at airline counter.
Hand baggage – At check-in, fill and place a tag of the airline in any carry-on volume (handbag, purse, bag, bag camera/camcorder ...). At one security point this tag is stamped and this stamp will be checked at others security points. If you do not have stamped tag, you will have to return all the way and take the tags

Room Tip: Ask for garden view room´s.