“great staying , once more, at the Leela”
Review of The Leela Mumbai

The Leela Mumbai
Ranked #18 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Sint-Martens-Latem, Belgium
“great staying , once more, at the Leela”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

After a bustling day in traffic and crowds, entering the Leela feels like a breath of fresh air. The service and kindness of the staff of the Royal Club are exemplary and really make you feel welcome, make you feel an esteemed guest.

Room Tip: Just go for the Royal Club and ask for a poolside view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
We are delighted that we are your preferred hotel in Mumbai. Thank you for your valued feedback and the appreciation of our team.

We look forward to welcoming you in our midst again soon and hope to continue being your hotel of choice while in Mumbai

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Bristol
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I spent a few hours at the Leela whilst waiting for a flight. A lime soda cost 300 INR and a 2 course meal around 1200 INR (vegetarian). The food was fine. The outdoor area was OK but populated by smokers and mosquitoes. The toilet block was nice. Indoors it was over air-conditioned. I understand it is a luxury hotel but when our apartment cook charged 1200 INR to cook for 4 weeks, the prices just stuck in my throat. The basement area was populate by small shops - browsing was made more difficult by the enthusiasm of the traders. I am unlikely to go there again - I had a better time on the pavement outside the International terminal at Mumbai airport.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Greetings from The Leela.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback.

I am glad that the quality of food was up to your expectation. I assure you that we are competitively priced when compared to five star properties of the city. I have taken note of the intrusion by the traders in the shopping arcade, and assure you that we will take this up with them immediately.

I look forward to welcoming you among us soon again.

Warm Regards,
Gaurav Singh,
Mangalore, India
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had stayed at Leela since I was attending a Meeting for 2 days over the weekend (09th and 10th Feb).The chauffeur service(BMW) provided by the hotel was on time and very comfortable .Had absolutely no problems in getting the rooms which I and my colleagues.The sound of water flowing in the miniature waterfall at the entrance was really soothing and getting to see a Cupola inside the hotel was interesting :)
The meeting were held at the Ball room close to the lobby and was well arranged.Breakfast at Citrus was the best I have had in a luxury hotel especially when you get to see beautiful waterfalls,flowers and trees in the morning with a cup of tea.(do try to have crisp dosa and ulli chutney;they are real good )
The staff are cordial and room service is good .
The pool are is well maintained and is also surrounded with greenery.Planning to go out for shopping by walk wont be a good idea since Leela is located in a corporate area.
Overall experience at Leela was great since Leela is one of the few places I have been where luxury and greenery are together in midst of very busy citylife .
Great place to unwind on a weekend :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am pleased to read your comments about our oasis of tranquility in the midst of a busy metropolis. Being a Luxury Business Hotel, it is our endeavor to provide the best in comfort, ambiance, services, facilities and amenities to our guests. To receive such feedback from you makes us proud and drives us to further excel.

London, UK
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here - fabulous place; nothing too much trouble for the excellent staff; superior polish and finish in every aspect of the service. Decor, furniture, design all first class - a really relaxing, carefully considered, tasteful and intelligently organised hotel. Great food: the lobby, restaurants, lounge and lush gardens around the pool a welcome respite from the crazy energy of the city. It's in a good location although getting around in Mumbai is always something of a challenge - great for the airport - fine for Andheri/Juhu/Bandra Kurla - but if you're based further south in the city for work purposes you might need to look elsewhere. But overall I absolutely loved my stay here - super efficient, friendly, top quality place. Got the business deal which meant a small discount on the (fairly expensive) food plus some laundry done each day plus free internet (which was super fast and reliable, itself not always easy to come by in India. Will definitely be back! One thing to watch - check that they don't do the currency conversion in house on your bill (if you're coming from abroad) as they make cash by quoting their own exchange rates - I didn't notice and realised that I would have saved money by getting them to charge my card in INR rather than GBP (as my bank's exchange rate was better than theirs). A bit sneaky - so just check what happens when you check out.

Room Tip: They're all fine - I was given a nice corner room on the 3rd floor (not with pool view) but it w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for you lovely feedback. My team will be thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay. Being a 5-star Luxury Business Hotel, our currency exchange rates are approved and at par with other hotels in our league.

We look forward to having you in our midst soon again and to the opportunity of serving you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had booked a room with free transfer from the airport. On departure they siad they would also provide a free car to the airport. I thanked them. It was only laater when I looked at the bill that they had provided that free car, but they had charged 1,500 for the "free transfer" which had been booked at the start of the stay.

Watch out also in the evening buffet. They will ask you if you would like any drink. You may,like me say, "well nothing really, but if there is any water or oranage that would be nice" assuming that it is part of the buffert. It is not. No one will tell you that you are charged over £4 for a glass of orange juice! In my view this is very sharp practice. Even the water comes at a cost unless you specifically tell them that you do not want bottled water. It took me a couple of days of observation to learn this. So be warned, they will take whatever they can without telling you.

Apart from that bad taste in the mouth, the hotel is average, not the top 5 star quality of a hotel like to Taj or Marriott.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I assure you that the practices followed by The Leela Mumbai are in line with international standards. However, I will look into your comments and speak to the Citrus team personally about this.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to experience the warm hospitality that The Leela Group has come to be known for world-over.

We shall wait to welcome you in our midst soon again.

Gaurav Singh,
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This being my second stay at Leela, I had a better look at it this time. Even though the beautifully-landscaped gardens and impressive lobby do manage to hint an exclusive experience, I am afraid to say the reality falls short of it.The so-called club rooms do not offer much privilege in terms of extra benefits or amenities. The club lounge is roughly the size of two club rooms -rather small itself- has limited seating and a poor offering of breakfast and happy-hour snacks. Internet access for club guests, is still not free of charge (!), who are actually paying a hefty premium over standard rooms. Most 5-star business hotels have long abandoned the petty account of making money from internet. The rate for two in a club room was the same as what I paid for a huge suite in a comparable hotel. There are a few viable alternatives in close proximity, so unless I see an improvement in club privileges during my next stay in March, I will not consider Leela again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
norwich
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed at the Leela for one night on my way home from Goa. It was fantastic. I am a big fan of luxury and wanted some prior to returning home after very basic accommodation in Goa. I was not disappointed. I stayed in a club room and could not have asked for more. The staff were attentive and so well presented. I felt cared for from pick up in a BMW to leaving in a BMW. What a wonderful place. I shall certainly stay here again and for longer. It is also a very safe hotel to stay in which is important to a solo travelling female.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the pool which was delightful. The room was well designed to give maximum...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your valued feedback. The team here lives by the belief that 'guest is God' and all our efforts are geared towards making you feel special. We also firmly believe in ensuring the safety of our lady guests and have put together a set of options towards the same.

We look forward to welcoming you for a longer stay.