“Amongst the best in Mumbai.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Leela Mumbai

The Leela Mumbai
Ranked #19 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Belgium
“Amongst the best in Mumbai.....”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed in The Leela for 3 nights around Diwali day with about eight of my other colleagues from Europe. Likely to be amongst the best in Mumbai by all standards, the Hotel offered good sized rooms, lots of options for breakfast, nice and clean ambiance, and a calm environment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
gaurav s, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your valued feedback and the appreciation of our team and services.

I look forward to welcoming you again and hope to be your hotel of choice while in Mumbai.

Gaurav Singh
Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Really couldn't fault it, altho the pool was far too cold for a swim.

All the public rooms and gardens were excellent. The Citrus coffee shop served amazing breakfasts.

Comfortable bed rooms with beatiful linen and exceptional pillows.

Great staff and service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zonc186370
A satisfied customer is always a morale booster in an industry where the guest is paramount. Our aim is to provide comfort and luxury coupled with a personal touch that makes the experience a pleasant one.

Thank you for the pleasant feedback and we look forward to opportunities to serve you again.

Gaurav Singh
Resident Manager
crawley
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I visited here in November 2012 and what a great, safe, clean and of course beautiful hotel. After the madness that is Mumbai it was great to get to a lovely quite hotel that seemed a million miles away from the city. Close to the airport this is a wonderful place to relax before or after a flight, in fact this is where all the major airlines place there crews so it must be good. I had something to eat in the Chinese restaurant and found the food both fresh and plentiful ( I could not eat it all) the rooms are quite and spacious with a modern theme, the shower was that good I thing I stood in there for over 30 minutes. If you are in Mumbai this has to be one of the best hotels to stay in with as I have already said, it's safe and secure in an area that has had it's problems in the past.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Ajmer
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Everything was good as expected. Dining beside the swimming pool area was great.Excellent dinner. Specially the Kakori Kebabs were superb. Biryani was hot & scrumptious & left a lingering taste. Their Chocolate Mousse just melted in the mouth. In all a superb staying experience. Will be visiting soon.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Renu S
Morton J, General Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Our culinary offering is an aspect we are very proud of and all of us are delighted to know that you have had an enjoyable and comfortable stay while at The Leela Mumbai.

On behalf of my team, I thank you and look forward to having you with us again and to becoming your preferred choice while in Mumbai.

Queensland
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at the Leela, Mumbai for only one night, en route from Cochi through to Singapore, but would have enjoyed a longer stay. Our room was a club room, and would be amongst the best that we have stayed at.

The hotel had sent a car (BMW) to collect my wife and I from the domestic terminal, and quickly whisked us through the traffic to the sanctity of their beautiful gardens and hotel. We were warmly greeted at arrival and taken to the Club floor for a seamless check-in.

The room was large, with separate sitting/work area (separate room) and a huge bathroom (strangely with the toilet contained in a glass cubicle that was not frosted!). All the usual amenities that you expect from a 5* hotel were there, including free high-speed internet connection. The bed was one of the most comfortable that I have slept on in a hotel.

High tea was just coming to a close after checking in, and I was quick to grab an excellent cappuccino - the first decent one in more than a week of travel. After a welcome shower and change in the room, we were in time for the evening canapés, which were of a very high standard.

We dined in their Indian fine dining restaurant for supper, and found their food to be very comfortable for our taste - not too chilli hot.

The staff make this hotel what it is, and everyone works very hard to provide the very best in service, without being subservient, to all guests. I'm told that the Leela chain was started by Captain CP Krishnan Nair when he retired from the military at 65! What a wonderful business he has created and has the support of extremely loyal staff.

We're looking forward to our next stay with them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Morton J, General Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
It is very gratifying to get such an encouraging review from you. My team and I strive to do our best and customer satisfaction is paramount for us.

We look forward to having you with us again and hope that The Leela Mumbai will be your preferred destination while in Mumbai.

Parkland, Florida
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The only reason being, that Reservations staff and Front desk has extremely poor service. I booked my stay a month in advance hoping to get 21 day discounted rate. Reservations informed me that they will confirm the rate only after receiving my credit card authorization, which I did. 3 phone calls and 3 e mails later nothing, so I figured I will take this up on arrival. I did so at the time of check in. They assured that they will call the Duty Manager. Asked 3 times off and on and the same polite answer. Nothing was done till the end and I did not have time to argue and miss my flight, so I settled for the normal rate and grossly overpaid compared to the published rate for "Advance Booking" on their own website.

Received a phenomenal service and rate at Juhu Marriott a few days later in spite of no advanced reservation.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We have made a note of your remarks regarding the inadvertent inconvenience caused to you. I regret that your experience was not pleasant and will ensure that it will be entirely different should you give us a chance to serve you again.

Helsingoer, Denmark
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel has a beautiful outside area with a very good Swimming pool. The area is spacious with an excellent outside restaurant during the evening. The fitness area is well equipped with some of the most modern machines. Service is as expected in a top class Indian hotel. Only disadvantage was the waiting time when arriving at 1am in the morning. Seems like it's the rush hour for this type of hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Svegaard
My team and I are very pleased to read your pleasant comments in praise of the property. Every effort has been made to ensure that world-class facilities and comfort are offered to our guests. We have noted your comment and I assure you that I will look into the matter personally.

We look forward to serving you again.