“Nice small hotel”

Hilton Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #27 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Bahrain
“Nice small hotel”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had the fortune to stay here for 3 nights as a guest of a large airline based nearby so I had no clue whether this hotel would be good or bad. I was to be pleasantly surprised. This hotel is well staffed who offer an above average level of service to that experienced on my usual business trips. The staff are very attentive and professional from the door man through to the pool staff. The food quality is mostly standard hotel fare, not necessarily a bad thing by the way. That said, and because I get tired of the hotel buffets that I eat around the world, I chose to eat outside at the Flames kebab eatery by the pool just outside the main restaurant. Although Flames does not open until the evening , it is very pleasant to eat outside the main restaurant during a lazy afternoon and the chefs make very nice kebabs in the main restaurant too. I also liked the downstairs bar area which is quiet however it is shown in the hotel guide as a cigar bar but there is no smoking in the hotel. As a cigar smoker I was disappointed but luckily I was able to sit outside by the pool most evenings. I would advise that those eating outside at night to wear mosquito repellent if not used to being outside in tropical climes.

The rooms are of a suitable standard. Mine was pleasant and there are some important points worthy of note. My room was quiet with no noise coming from outside (however I felt the walls were a little thin as I heard my next door neighbour’s phone at numerous times of the evening), the blackout curtains are just that, there was lots of hot water if needed and the bed I had was very comfortable, in fact one of the most comfortable I have slept in in a hotel of this nature in a long time. I always prefer hotels where walk-in showers are available so to have that as well as a bath (I hate having to stand in baths to shower), and a bidet, and also to have enough lighting to shave in a shaving mirror that actually was in a useful position were all positives in my book.

The few negatives I would state, which actually wouldn’t stop me from staying here again, are that this is not really a five star hotel. The hotel is simply too small especially the main restaurant; so at breakfast the quiet tables can fill up quickly and at lunch during weekends families make it difficult to find a table. The choice of food available at breakfast is also a little short of 5 star. It was good but not great. One down side is that the cost of alcohol is quite high, being double that charged in typical nearby bars, which is something I wouldn’t normally complain about being a British Expat coming from the Middle East. As I didn't pay to stay here, only for the alcohol!!!, I can't comment fully on the overall value for money. Additionally the wifi fees are quite high and the connection is continuous so if you leave the hotel you can't log out to save hours. The best 5 star hotels I stay in typically have some form of free wifi, even if it is in just the lobby areas etc, so this is again an area where the hotel loses points regardless of the fact that it is provided FOC to the more privileged guests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Milk_Sheik,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we are glad that you generally enjoyed your experience with us.

Your constructive feedback is valuable to us and helps us to identify both our strengths and areas for improvement. Whilst we are pleased that you were comfortable in our guest room and enjoyed your dining experience at Flames, we have taken your comments regarding our WiFi service and breakfast offering into review. All of us here are committed to delivering the optimum standards of products and services expected of a Hilton hotel.

With regards to our Lounge Bar, it was indeed previously known as the Cigar Diwan. The information in the Hotel Guide will soon be replaced with the updated information.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to being of service to you again on your next trip to Mumbai.

Vikas Kapai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I am a Hilton Double Diamond VIP (I usually make Diamond by mid-year) so I selected this hotel since I am a Hilton guy and I needed to be in the area for work. I was pleasantly surprise...

Positives:

The airport limo pickup was fast, cheap & efficient. The check-in process was efficient and I got a free upgrade due to my status.

The rooms were decent size, well furnished and had an old world feel to them. I found the bed to be very comfortable and the hotel was surprisingly quiet.

The hotel features 24 hour dinning and the executive lounge had a very nice western style breakfast spread.

I paid 7,500 INR and was pleased with the value.

Negatives...

The area isn't great, you are not going to be walking to any shopping or dining outlets, but for an airport area hotel that is par for the course.

Room Tip: There are no good views, but this is an airport hotel. I said in room 414 near the executive lounge...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Patrick97401,

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport. Your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member is valuable to us and we are glad that you were comfortable and felt well-looked after during your stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback on our airport transfer service, guest room and Executive Lounge. It is also good to know that you were happy with our food quality and service.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Menton, France
Reviewed March 30, 2013

After a food poisening I could not proceed my trip from Mumbai to Paris. Airfrance contacted Hilton Hotel at 3 pm in the morning and 10 min. later a limousine from the hotel picked us up and brought us to the hotel where we received the most friendly attention from the staff. Next morning they called a doctor and later they drove me to a private hospital, where I received the best treatment I could get. All the staff at Hilton gave us friendly attention and help. The limousine was at our disposal driving my husband up and down to the hospital. When I returned from hospital the kitchen prepared special dishes for me - this was really top quality. In spite of my bad luck they made these extra days we stayed at Hilton to a very positive experience! Excellent room, good facilities and a beautiful garden with pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IngeWith
Dear IngeWith,

The pleasure was ours to extend our warm hospitality and ensure your comfort and well-being during your stay as you recovered from your illness.

Thank you for your kind feedback on the care that my team provided, which highlighted your positive experience with us. I am happy to learn that their service was friendly, professional and personalised - the hallmarks of the best service that we continually strive to deliver and that helped you on the path to recovery.

We hope that your travels bring you back to Mumbai in the future. We would be delighted to be of service to you again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This property is taken over by Le meridian, I have been here about 6 years ago and must say when it was under Le meridian it was better, The rooms are bit dated and have old furniture which have staines on them. Reception staff is good but they need to be confident about what they are doing. Pool side bar you need to remmeber your order so while paying your bill you need to tell them whta you had.

I had dinner in kebab house which has nice ambience but unfortunately had to eat cold food. I had my friend from london so thats why i didnt say anything that time but its embarrasing to complain. I also had food in their restaurant ordered for 1 biryani and they bought me 2 now we didnt wanted to make a fuss over there so we had to have it.

Called for room service no answer for about 20 min and then the order was taken. I ordered for club sandwich and i was asked if i wanted veg club sandwich when i clearly asked for Chi bacon letuce and egg. I gues staff not aware of hilton classics itself.

I have stayed in many hotels in Europe and Dubai. this was good experience but little bit disappointment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear pranav1986,

Thank you for your candid review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport. As we continually endeavour to provide the best personalised service and stay experience to all our guests, your feedback and insigts are very much appreciated.

I am sorry to learn that your recent stay with us fell somewhat below your expectations. I wish to assure you that my team and I remain dedicated to ensuring the comfort and well-being of our guests through the delivery of warm and professional service, as well as top quality food. Through our on-going process reviews and training programmes, I am confident my team continues to uphold the high standards of the products and services expected of a Hilton hotel.

Your continued patronage is valuable to us and we sincerely hope that here will be another opportunity to extend a better stay experience to you in the future. It was a pleasure to have you with us.

Itu, SP
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night recovering from 20 hours flight, and Hilton is always Hilton but price charged for Internet -15USD is absurd as well as hotel car for airport drop-off.
Breakfast is mefium for an stranger but full for indian. Dont est pastry, is very bad

• Stayed March 2013
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Eduba101,

Thank you reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we appreciate your feedback and insights.

Whilst we are glad that you had a good rest after your long flight, we are sorry to learn that your overall stay experience did not meet with your expectations. The team has noted your comments regarding our breakfast spread and continues to work hard to uphold the high standards of our food quality and variety.

With regards to internet service, complimentary WiFi is provided exclusively for guests with access to our Executive Lounge and those staying on our Executive floors on Levels 4 and 5. You may also be interested to know that we have room packages that include airport transfers.

It would be our pleasure to be of service to you again the next time you travel through Mumbai. Thank you for staying with us.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This property is really a class act. Formerly owned by Le Meridien the Hilton organization has a strong act to follow. I stayed here frequently when run by Le Meridien, and it appears that things are less finicky about care for the property. That being said I love the staff, and find most everything well within acceptable limits. We have stayed on the business floor and have enjoyed it very much, Other reviewer has commented on lenghy checkout, and I have to agree. I always leave in plenty of time to catch a flight, but this is an issue that needs attention.

Room Tip: try to get a room towards the back of the hotel as there is a hotel across the street that uses thei...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear George R T,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights of Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we are pleased that you felt well-take care of and comfortable during your recent stay with us.

The team have taken note of your feedback on the check-out process and extend their apologies for the delay. We are addressing this through our on-going process reviews and training programmes to ensure that the departure process is streamlined and improved. We are nevertheless glad that your overall experience was positive and that our service was a highlight for you.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back, should your travels bring you back to Mumbai in the future.

Singapore
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for the the 3rd time

Good points:
Staff are extremely hospitable.
Breakfast spread is very good.

Areas to improve:
Rooms are not up to the mark. I am a diamond HHonors Hilton member and was apparently upgraded to the business floor. However even these rooms leave a lot to be desired. Plug points for mobiles and computers are not convenient indicating the age of the rooms.

The property is not built as a 5 star hotel in my opinion. Hence for a slightly higher price, would prefer the surrounding 5 star brands which have ultra modern hotel campuses.

No complimentary airport was offered - saying my room price did not include it. If I had the time, I would have downgraded to the lower non refundable rate and then would have ordered a hotel pick up at a charge which would have been cheaper for the me and less profitable for the Hotel.

I have liked this hotel earlier - but would prefer the better hotels in the vicinity in the future despite being a top tier Hilton member.

Room Tip: get pool facing rooms - but they are noisy on Sundays for Sunday brunch
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear frankview,

The pleasure was ours to welcome you back to Hilton Mumbai International Airport!

Please rest assured that your continued patronage and loyalty as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member is valuable to us. As we continually endeavour to deliver the exemplary service and premium products expected of a Hilton hotel, we very much appreciate receiving your constructive feedback and insights.

Whilst we are glad that our service and breakfast spread still highlight your experience with us, we have noted your comments regarding our guest rooms for our hotel enhancement plans. We understand the importance of plug points and other requirements that today's business travellers would need and the team are taking steps to ensure that we meet with these requirements.

With regards to airport transfers, we do have room packages that include this service and are sorry if this had not been properly communicated to you. The team is reviewing their processes to ensure that our guests are duly informed of suitable accommodation options from the point of reservations.

Thank you very much for your feedback, we wish to assure you that we continue to do our utmost to always deliver great stay experiences to you and all our guests. As always, we look forward to having you with us again and we remain at your service.