“Layover in Mumbai”

Hilton Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #29 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had an 8 hour lay over in Mumbai and know that the Hilton airport hotel is the best place to spend it. With them able to pick you up, battle the traffic, get you into an oasis of calm before heading back out to the international airport. Very well placed for both international and domestic airports this used to be the royal meridian back in the day. Employees are great and they really add some calm to a long layover in Mumbai, when the international flight check in is not yet open. I have stayed here before and recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear CaymanGreg,

Thank you for your generous compliments of Hilton Mumbai International Airport, it was our pleasure to be your "oasis of calm" for your very brief stay with us!

We understand that all our guests keep to varied and unique schedules, and we do our very best to ensure their well-being. I am happy to learn that my team delivered the warm hospitality that made your experience with us relaxing and comfortable.

We truly appreciate your recommendation of the hotel and look forward to having you with us again when you next travel through Mumbai.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My stay lacked some spark. Even the room on exceutive floor were not big enough compared to other hotels in the Vicinity. Staff was good and courteous. Everything was nice and fine but I never got the vibe to come back again by choice. May be I have a problem.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aashiesh1
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear aashiesh1,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we are glad that you were generally satisfied with our service and your stay.

However on this occasion, I am very sorry that we were unable to deliver the exemplary Hilton hospitality experience that we always endeavour to achieve. Please rest assured that my team and I continue to be dedicated to upholding the optimum standards of our products and going the extra mile in providing the best personalised service to all our guests.

We hope to extend our true and warm hospitality, should you choose to stay with us again in the future. Thank you very much for staying with us.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Good location, nice rooms, value for moeny for staying overnight.
International and domestic both the airports are about 5 to 15 min drive which is a luxury for mumbai. The staff was courteous, quick checkin and checkout.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear anandsaklecha,

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am happy to learn that my team's friendly and efficient service contributed towards your positive experience, as did our location and guest room. We look forward to seeing you again when you next travel through Mumbai.

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my mum came to the Hilton at the beginning of jan and near the end of Jan to break up out travels around India.

A superb location next to the international airport (5-10 minutes) which was handy especially in the gridlocked streets of Mumbai!

Hotel has an beautiful front lobby and is extremely inviting. The rooms are clean and airy and very comfortable.

Service was great and people were very friendly and willing to engage in conversation.

The Only down point I would add to the stay and what I would recommend to people coming for a relaxing stay is to avoid Sundays. We only had two days where we wanted to relax and have quiet time by the pool....we were wrong! An event called 'Sunday Brunch' supposedly happens every week around the outside pool area, extremely loud and deafening awful dance music played for around 4 hours ruining our last day. With no consideration for residents this was a bad move from the Hilton and should be advertised when marketing this hotel to potential guests and residents. Unfortunately we walked away from this fantastic hotel with a slight bad taste in our mouths.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Nina_Suki,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we truly appreciate your valuable feedback.

Whilst we are delighted to receive your positive mention of the hotel and the warm hospitality you received from the team, we are very sorry to learn that you were inconvenienced by our Sunday Brunch activities. Please be assured that we are using your points to review and work out how we can manage our Sunday offerings and at the same time, maintain the pleasant relaxing environment that our in-house guests may prefer.

It was our pleasure having you with us and we hope that there will be another opportunity to extend a better stay experience to you. Thank you once again for your feedback and for staying with us.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great rates and Great service. The hotel is located very close to the airport, Bombay exhibition center and the factories of Andheri east. Easy access to the highway and great restaurants nearby. I would say their beds are the most comfortable in any hotel i have stayed in india. I would recommend it any day. We had an emergency in the night and had to fly back to Kochi at 3 am in the morning, and as my credit card was not working the front office manager offered to go to the airport himself and buy and collect the tickets...Such selfless service is a rarity among the five stars in India.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly and they will get you good rates. And don't take the cool cabs in front...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Razin786,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor, we are delighted that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

I am very pleased to learn that you were happy with the good service you received from our Front Office team; indeed, it was their pleasure to be of service to you. All of us here at Hilton Mumbai International Airport really appreciate your kind recommendation and look forward to having you with us again when you next return to Mumbai.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Worst hotel ever....if your life depends on it don't stay here. The service was so so poor that it ruined my entire stay in Mumbai. I preferred a 2 star option in Ahmedabad compared to this hotel.

Where to start, I could go on forever. Messages the hotel received on my behalf from the UK never reached me. When we questioned the front desk about it they said we will get back to you, only to be left hanging. So I asked the manager why important messages were not given to me when front desk were taking my calls - he,like his staff was just as useless with no answers and not a care in the world to better the poor service or even merely apologize.

Despite breakfast being the only positve to the hotel, they come and warn you that you only have 5 minutes left to eat - runining the entire experience of it all...if you are listening, a classy hotel does NOT do this!

Our room was not cleaned properly for the first few days until we complained. Anything that was ordered on room service took an eternity to arrive and was normally the wrong thing - for instance I asked for towels and 25 minutes and 2 more phone calls later I finally received...2 bottles of water!?!? Completely useless and incompetent staff.

We had got prior approval to take some personal pictures around the hotel. When the night duty manager arrived, apparently it was a 'security risk' to allow us to take pictures around the hotel....now hang on a minute, are you telling me that the wedding that started at 11pm 2 nights prior and kept us awake with thumping music until 3am didn't have a photographer present or guests using their phones to take pictures??? Where was the security risk then??

Seriously, if you want to enjoy your time in Mumbai DO NOT stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AccessibleWorld
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear AccessibleWorld,

First and foremost, I wish to personally apologise for your disappointing experience at Hilton Mumbai International Airport.

I can assure you that contrary to the impression you have gained from your experience, the team are dedicated to always delivering the warm hospitality and good service to all our guests. Unfortunately, on this occasion our service did not reflect the optimum standards that we continually endeavour to achieve.

As a result of your feedback, I have personally reviewed your case in-depth with the relevant departments and all team members involved. We have reinforced the importance of customer-focused service delivery and communications in all our process reviews and training programmes. We truly value our guests and respectfully request that you continue to provide feedback about our services. Please feel free to contact me directly on vikas.kapai@hilton.com; my team and I look forward to continuing being of service to you as a valued guest.

Once again, let me assure you that what happened in your case is not typical of the level of service provided at Hilton Mumbai International Airport. We continue to be committed to providing the quality Hilton hospitality experience to you and all our guests.

My team and I sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity in the future to extend the true and warm hospitality to you when you next return to Mumbai. Thank you very much for staying with us and for your feedback.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have stayed in the Hilton for a couple of time before and its one of those hotels where service is totally upto the mark. The check in was very fast and it took hardly 5 minutes or so. The rooms are super clean , Toilets are good and well maintained. You get everything that you expect in a 5 star. The floors are totally silent and there isnt any problem whatsoever with sleep quality, The rooms are spacious as well. There is a whole lot of dishes for you to choose from for In room dining , and by way of cost its slightly on the expensive side as well, say every meal will cost you around $20 on an avg and above , but service is totally flawless, there hasnt been any instances that they forgot the bottle opener or somethingelse, no issues where there. The housekeeping Guys are also the same they will make sure the room is as neat as before, and really hard working guys.
Every staff in the Hotel has a smiling face and a pleasant look whenever you cross them, which was good. You need anything all you have to do is press the "magic" button, and it works like a charm.I will definitely be visiting again as I really love the hotel very much.
Regarding transfer to airport I havent used there service so not sure about the cost, but if you take a car from International airport they will rip you for sure with rates like Rs1000, best way is get a tuk tuk they too will rip you but its only Rs150 so its much more easy . Hope it helps

Room Tip: Go for the room that offers Breakfast as complimentary and stay in non smoking floors
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Vivek R
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Vivek R,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

It is very rewarding for the team to realise that the level of hospitality and service you received highlighted your experience with us. We truly appreciate you kind feedback and are glad that you felt well-looked after during your stay.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Mumbai.