“The Charm of India”

ITC Maratha, Mumbai
Ranked #8 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel about 7 times now. Each and every time, the immensely gracious staff make me feel like a returning friend. -The hotel feels more like a palace than a hotel. So in other ways, you feel more like a king/queen really.

Everything about this hotel is first rate. Its used to be a six star hotel, though these days I would give it only 5 1/2 since becoming part of the Starwood group sometime back... In years past, you got the sense that no expense was being spared in making the guests experience second to none. Now, in typical US corporate fashion you can see where they have been squeezing profits out anywhere they think they can get away with it.

Nevertheless, it's still one of the most charming places one can stay in Mumbai. The staff are what make this hotel shine! They have this: "sure we can do that for you" approach to everything.

I honestly can't recommend this hotel enough. Mumbai can be such a trying and exhausting experience for any traveler, and the Maratha is a charming, luxurious reprieve from any day's activity. Yes, it's worth every bit of the price.

Room Tip: Being that the hotel is situated near the airport, makes the hotel more aptly suited for business tr...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are honoured by those kind words. It is always good to know that our efforts are appreciated. This only helps us serve you better. We are glad that you thoroughly enjoy your stay and dining experience at ITC Maratha. We thank you for taking your time out for this review.

Look forward to your next visit to ITC Maratha

Reviewed April 13, 2013

1. Check-in was slow – slightly over 15-20 minutes. There was no queue but the 1st staff that served me had to hand off to another staff (not sure what was the reason, no explanation to me – just simply a, “Sir, I will be taking over from my colleague). Then the 2nd staff that served me was not sure what was happening and need assistance from a 3rd staff….?????
2. Explanation on complimentary HSIA was not clear which resulted in additional charges on my bill – which was waived off during check-out after I requested to speak to the Hotel Manager; because I was told at check-in that being a SPG Platinum member, my hotel internet was complimentary.
3. Check-out was extremely slow (partly due to the approval needed to waive off the charges of the HSIA). On top of that, printer was not working, or printing other stuff; and the staff had to switch to another counter to print my bill.
4. Being a SPG Platinum member, I would have had much better service from other hotels.
5. Overall, mediocre experience for me @ ITC Maratha Mumbai.

8  Thank VictorLME
Reviewed April 11, 2013

A good place to check in after a hectic day of travel & work; you are always made to feel that you belong there and the quality of comforts and service prepares you to face the next day.I am a frequent traveller and I find ITC Maratha a warm, pleasant and comfortable place to stay.My special thanks to their Regional Sales Office - Mr Harish Sundarraju & Miss Sudha Narayanan for making my reservations and make my stay a comfortable one.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are honoured by those kind words. It is good to know that ITC Maratha is your preferred place for accommodation in Mumbai. At ITC Maratha, we constantly strive to provide our guests with best in-class luxury and dining experience. We thank you for taking the time out and sharing the feedback with us.

We look forward to your next visit to ITC Maratha.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

During a recent trip to India I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel.

My stay was relatively short however the hotel appeared exceptionally well fitted out, the rooms were a little small relative to other hotels I have stayed in but still of a good standard.

The welcome I received was stunning, exceptionally warm reception staff, even given a gift as it was my first time in India, and a swift check-in.

The service experienced in the bar was very good, despite last orders having already been called when we arrived they extended this to allow myself and my colleague the opportunity to have a night cap. A very well received gesture.

On the flip side, myself and my colleague went to the restaurant some 10 minutes before the menus were due to change to the night menu. Upon choosing our meal we were told they had closed the kitchen early and we had to order from the simpler menu. After 4 hours travelling we were hoping for a little leniency especially as the restaurant buffet still had what we wanted on display (although they started to clean this down as we ordered).

A disappointing start to the dinner experienced was compacted with a very average meal, needless to say I wouldn't want to eat at the hotel again.

Overall it was still a relatively good stay, however, it is amazing how one bad customer experience can taint your whole stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your feedback with us. It only helps us perform better. We are happy to know that you had a nice time at Bombay High, the bar at ITC Maratha. We have also reviewed your comment on the dining experience and we shall draw requisite learnings from them.

We look forward to your next visit to ITC Maratha.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

When I am in Mumbai I ofetn use this hotel and the high standards never change. It is literally 10 minutes from the airport by taxi and about an hour (depending on the traffic!) into the city itself and the seafront. The entrance lobby sets the tone to this very smart, elegant hotel. The staff are always very helpful and the service is superb. The hotel has a large atrium inside which has one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in and if you prefer, the room service menu is huge and caters for all tastes and cuisines. It does have a childrens menu as well, also available in the main restaurant. The rooms are all very well appointed with a small fridge, tea and coffee, an iron and the air conditioning very effective. It is a very quiet hotel and has a wonderful sence of calm which is very welcome from stepping outside the hotel. The gym and pool are always well maintained and there are very pleasant gardens to sit in if you need some fresh air. All in all a great hotel and handy if you are on a short stop over and dont want to actually go into the city but just want a "taste" of Mumbai. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool at the back of the hotel, away from the road at the front.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RichWestSussex

Dear Guest,

We are delighted by those kind words. It is good to know that ITC Maratha is your preferred choice for accommodation in Mumbai. We are happy to learn that you like the architecture & interior of the hotel which has taken inspiration from the Maratha Dynasty. We are also glad that you liked the décor of the room and the dining experience at The Peshwa Pavilion, our 24 * 7 coffee shop overseeing the atrium.

We look forward to welcoming you soon

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed in the ITC Maratha in March 2013. Our room was incredible with very large bathroom and a massage chair! Fruit, chocolates and biscuits were provided in the room as well as turndown service.

During club hours in the private bar on our floor, plenty of cocktails and drinks were on offer as well as a really good spread of hot and cold food.

We ate in Dum Pukht and the food and service was lovely. For breakfast and snacks we ate in The Peshwa Pavillion. We found it hard to find eye contact with some waiters at times at the Peshwa Pavillion on more than one occasion and sometimes our orders got 'lost in the ether'.

We did not use the spa but did use the pool and it was very peaceful.

The hotel is situated very close to the International Airport and has many airline staff stay there as well as hosting functions and when we were there 'Russia's next top Model!'

What I will say is that if you like to explore on foot, there is nothing walkable from the hotel so you will need to take a taxi or auto to get to your destination.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you liked the rooms and the amenities in the room. It is also good to know that you enjoyed luxury hours at the Upper Crust lounge, the royal dining experience at Dum Pukht and the breakfast buffet at The Peshwa Pavilion.

We are happy to know that you had a peaceful stay at ITC Maratha and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had a chance to stay in ITC Maratha for my official trip and its just amazing hotel. Food is nice and ambiance as well. Maintenance is very good and you can look the cleanliness all the way.
There is 24 hour travel desk and hotel is very near to airport and its just 15 min drive. Peshawar
restaurant is too good for non veg lovers.

Room Tip: Rooms towards inner view is good.

Dear Guest,

We are honoured by those kind words. It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay and dining experience at ITC Maratha. We are glad you that you liked the traditional North West frontier cuisine served at Peshawri.

We look forward to seeing you soon at ITC Maratha.