We are staying currently Martaha and we leave tomorrow night. We are thrilled about the look of the hotel and service. They even upgraded to a deluxe suite, which we appreciated.
But the food is very average. In my country, I am a culinary and cultural journalist and I am currently doing a report on my trip to India and my stay in Maratha. And I must admit that I am very disappointed about the taste of dishes here. We ate at the Pan Ansian and Peshawri. The Pan Asian cuisine is untasty and it's terribly expensive for what it is. We can eat the same thing in Montreal for $ 50 and it cost $ 120 here. This is really unacceptable level in my opinion. The kitchen Peshari is good and authentic but less than what I tasted in small restaurants in Mumbai, Vadodara and Goa.Finally, we went to the hotel bar: $ 100 for two martinis and a bowl of nachos! Is this a joke or what!? I felt cheated. Anyway, the hotel is beautiful and I would go back if it was the restaurants and their exorbitant prices (the rustic kitchen at prices higher than Paris, London or Tokyo)
I also went to the spa. I had a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ITC Maratha is one of the leading 5 star deluxe hotels in Mumbai, the commercial capital and dream city of India. The highlight of the hotel is its architecture and interior spaces. 1.75 lakh sq feet of stone, each hand carved has been used for its cladding and pillars patterned on the 18th and 19th century. The interiors are muted and subtle, with elements of both Victorian as well as Maharashtrian inspiration. It is in close proximity to the bustling business districts of north and central Mumbai, the NSE Exhibition Centre, and is a short distance from Film City, the Bombay Museum, and Borivili National Park. In addition, The Maratha is only a stone throw from the airport (2 km from the international terminal and 5 km from the domestic terminal) making it convenient for the transit traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your ITC Maratha, Mumbai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Itc Maratha, Mumbai Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Itc Grand Maratha
- Grand Maratha
- Itc Hotel Grand Maratha Sheraton & Towers