“Great Service, highly recommended”

ITC Maratha, Mumbai
Ranked #9 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
New Jersey, USA
“Great Service, highly recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed along with my wife for 1 night in November. I am SPG Platinum and requested for a upgrade - which they readily did to the Deluxe Suite. The suite is nice and modern, though not exactly a luxury suite. The butler service is interesting. We used the lounge in the evening, good food and drink selection. The beds were very comfortable and breakfast in the main section has more options than in the lounge upstairs. We went looking for the pool and the gym - they were below par. Overall the service was great, they clearly went out of the way. Aditi at the front desk and Ritu at reservations were really helpful.

I had another stay the following week but had to cancel at the last moment - beyond their cancellation policy - but they were great and allowed for a full refund

Location close to the International airport is convenient

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you had an outstanding experience at the hotel. It is heartening to note that our services provided by the team were appreciated. It was our pleasure to have been of service to you.

We thank you for your recommendation and hope that ITC Maratha remains your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Mumbai.

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Medina, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Friends of ours who live in Mumbai recommended the ITC for its proximity to the international airport. This truly is a big plus, especially if you have an early morning flight, as we did. The drive to the international airport took all of five minutes. (It is a longer distance to the domestic airport.)
The hotel's lobby is lovely, with high ceilings and gleaming floors. The seating in the lobby is a bit awkward, mostly set up with individual chairs located too far apart for a couple to sit together. It would be nice if some could be replaced by settees or couches.
Check-in took quite a while, and we weren't sure why. The rep initially said the computer was slow, but then she consulted with a colleague, and then shuffled through papers... and finally, when we got our keys we discovered they weren't even for our room!
Our room was furnished with two twin beds, not what we'd expected, but we were ok with it for our two-night stay. The room was generally clean, although the carpet was quite dirty. It was covered with dust and hair, and looked like it hadn't been thoroughly vacuumed in ages. The bath featured a separate shower stall and tub, and the toilet in its own little room. Definitely up-to-date and fairly luxurious. And there were lots of bath amenities besides the usual shampoo and bath gel.
The breakfast buffet was a bit of a disappointment. Cheese slices were dry and curled, and several of the offerings in steaming trays looked like they'd been there for a while. The hotel features several fine-dining restaurants for dinner; we thoroughly enjoyed dinner in Peshawri one night (be prepared to eat with your fingers!) and Daskin Coastal the next. We were quite pleased with the food quality at both dinners.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VickyBee333
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It will indeed further help us to serve our guest better.

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused and hope that you will accept our humble apologies for any incommodiousness with regard to your room, breakfast and check in services.
It may have been that at the time of your visit, our associate at Front Office was unable to provide you with a satisfactory service and information; we assure you that in order to meet the requirements and needs of our guests we shall be more attentive.
Would also like to assure you that the rooms are always duly cleaned after every check out, the fawn carpet gives a dusty look at certain times of the day.

However, your feedback is crucial and we shall strive to rectify ourselves, by providing you quality service in your next stay.

We request you to treat this as an aberration and not reflecting of our standard.

Look forward to your visit.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is my second stay at ITC Maratha in the last few months, and the hotel continues to delight with its excellent hospitality. The rooms are well appointed, with all required amenities. the swimming pool is good, so is the gym (if you are the fitness type)

Resturants offer a number of cusines. I dined at the peshawari. the famous dal bukhara was the best i have had, however, the curries were disappointing.

the location is extremely convienent for anyone who needs proximity to the airport or has business in the suburbs/powai area which are fast becoming hubs for business. Its also suited for international travellers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank funkypratik
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

At the outset let me take this opportunity to thank you for selecting our hotel. It was a pleasure to have you with us at ITC Maratha, Mumbai. It is heartening to note that your experience reflected our desire to extend warm Indian hospitality. Also, all of us are humbled by your comments on the overall experience that the team enabled.

Hope this will be the first of many more occasions for you and your team to visit ITC Maratha.

Indeed, your positive feedback on the arrangements motivates the team to improve our standards even further.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

Warmest regards,
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had so much expectation when I heard that I will be going to this hotel. The hotel was awesome; they have a grand lobby which was beautiful. Very welcoming people. They gave a room in the Single Female Traveller Lobby, which was very thoughtful. I really thought this was a 5* hotel and was expecting more. The first thing i noticed was that the carpets near my room was dirty and there were paints peeling off. It was bit surprising. After I checked-in I realised the flush in the bathroom was literally making such a noise. i requested someone come and look at it. They came they said everything is fixed. After sometime i realised that there was water pouring somewhere and that’s when i realised the flush was not working. I had to keep calling someone to look into it more than once. Finally when someone came and repaired the housekeeping staff said it is common that these flush buttons make sounds. I was really really surprised. Advertising themselves as eco hotel and having a 5* I wouldn’t have expected this. Room was fantastic nothing to complain about. Beds neatly done. The decors were tastefully done. They have put so much thought into the decor. If one take some time and look into the decors they will understand the though they have put into it. Wish they had put that into maintaining the room. One more surprise was that when I came into the room I saw a chocolate paper in the table, the first question which came into my mind was 'Did they clean the room'. Next day morning when i went to prepare my coffee the cup was dirty and when I asked for another clean coffee mug, 2 housekeeping staff one after another brought be some coffee packets. When I kept asking for clean coffee cups and finally they brought me a clean coffee mug. But next day I saw the same dirty coffee mug in my room. First day when I came down for breakfast because it was crowded they sent me to another restaurant. The napkin which I had used was of not good quality. The second day we had to stand in such a big queue because the restaurant was full. Luckily they had put some additional tables. But there was no one to come and clean the tables. The restaurant has a BEAUTIFUL CEILING with some much of design and decoration. I really wish the hotel staffs look into all these small things, because it takes away the very pleasant moments of stay in the hotel. Food is good; they have wide variety of choice. Dinner arrangements were also good. They also had a very healthy choice of fruits which they give as complimentary in the rooms. Very thoughtful. Housekeeping staffs and securities are very polite and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us valuable feedback regarding our responsiveness to your requirements. I express regret for the inconvenience caused to you. This is definitely a gap in the processes and I assure you that suitable corrective measures shall be taken with immediate effect to rectify it.

Your constructive suggestions will definitely help us address areas of concern and will most certainly help us restructure and synergize the processes to the levels expected of us if not surpass the same.

I look forward to your goodwill and kindness and not allow this experience to colour your impression of our usual standards and services. Due apologies once again and looking forward to your continued patronage.

Los Altos Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

The ITC Maratha is a few minutes from the airport. Avoiding a long commute after a tiring international flight plays big in choosing this hotel. Most hotels in the Sahar hotel corridor are relatively new and deliver on a decent experience. ITC is no slouch. Its quieter than the other hotels on the strip. The hotel design requires you to take long walks down corridors to your room. However the rooms are clean and updated to global standards and wifi works. An excellent restaurant ensures you don't have to trudge out again after a long day for dinner. Service is excellent. Its a great place to grab a good night's sleep before heading into Mumbai traffic do you your business meetings the next day. The biggest advantage of the Sahar hotel corridor is- you get to leave later in the evening to catch your international flight. This is a welcome convenience.

1 Thank rammenon
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you had an outstanding experience at the hotel. Since the hotel is located so close to both the airports and the new business districts, trust you have had a wonderful stay. It is also heartening to note that our services provided by the team were appreciated. It was our pleasure to have been of service to you.

Panjim, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stay at ITC GM Sahar on my business trips. The location itself makes it a hotel of choice. Your grand experience starts from the "pick up".
The rooms are grand and comfortable. Very comfortable bed , aircon may be a little tricky but is generally good. Baths are clean , soaps etc are from ITC's own Fiama De Wills line. Sleep quality is excellent ( have stayed at Hyatt next door, which was very noisy on weekends). Wi Fi in room is missed a lot. Staff is excellent, polite and attentive , however , this time the check in took a quite longer than I had expected.

Pool is good, clean , but hardly got around to take a plunge.

Breakfast in the Peshwa Pavilion is well spread mix of Indian , Oriental and European. Its a good idea to start your day with breakfast here.

Lunch is generally at work but I save my apetite for "Peshawari". Greatest restaurant for BBQ in Mumbai. And the "Raan" (lamb) is out of the world. One may avoid Paneer Tikka. Daal (Black lentils) is some thing you cant afford to miss.

Business Centre , very friendly staff, they booked me a conference room on a short notice and reasonable rates ( pleasant surprise). Thanks to the team.

Overall experience is excellent. Will recommend people with good taste to stay and eat here. Good Luck Grand Maratha.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from ITC Maratha, Mumbai!

Thank you for the wonderful note. We are committed to providing you world class facilities backed by courteous and efficient services. Our staff is trained to render exemplary and personalized service and our endeavour at all times is to provide our guests with a “Home away from home experience”

With regard to the internet connection, we have Tier based Internet plan with various speed and rates. Also, guests can use their personal USB sticks to connect through select service providers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai & ITC Maratha.

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

So close to airport. Clean, friendly, imposing hotel. Lovely rooms, with en suite and smoking rooms. Automatic light in bathroom at night when you walk in. Well stocked mini bar. Good gym. Lovely pool, but no food or drink service there. Staff are very attentive to your every need. Just a slight problem of no free wifi in room or lobby. Would like to stay longer and sample more of the menu. Great spa, do try before you leave, terrific massage.

Room Tip: Any one will be good