“Perfect hotel after 8 days of safari....”

ITC Maratha, Mumbai
Ranked #8 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Atlanta
“Perfect hotel after 8 days of safari....”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

What a peaceful hotel in Mumbai. I stayed at the ITC Maratha for 2 days in March after 8 days of safaris and it was a pleasure. The staff was friendly and very helpful with a few requests I had.

The food was good but expensive. I believe there are 7 restaurants in the hotel, which is a good thing since there is nothing around the hotel (except the Hilton and Hyatt.)

It is a great place to stay if you are flying in and out of Mumbai airport, but if you are looking for nightlife, local restaurants, handicraft shops, etc. stay downtown closer to the gateway of India.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ruby664
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

It is heartening to note that services provided by the team were appreciated by you; it was our pleasure to have been of service to you.

we take pride in offering our guests best culinary traditions. Here one can enjoy the subtle flavours of different cuisines, authentic to a particular culture and culinary style.
Indeed, in our specialty restaurants cuisines have been researched and refined to be a gourmet’s delight.

The team joins me in thanking you for your gracious comments and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to ITC Maratha, Mumbai soon.

Best regards,
D Kavarana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed March 2012 as part of a Conference then came back a few nights later.. The first room at the front was excellent... clean and fresh.. The second room at the back was a long walk and not so inviting. Generally the staff were excellent however, i was disappointed when an afternoon meeting in an area next to the main bar was interrupted by loud live music being played in the empty bar and the staff refusal to close the connecting doors. I was also disappointed by extremely high WiFi charges for effective speeds. .

Room Tip: As for a room at the front
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel as your feedback has been most constructive in allowing us to better our services.

As the band was playing music during the brunch hour, we should have suggested an alternative meeting area. Anticipating guest requirements and guest comfort is of utmost importance, therefore, we deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you unwittingly.
I have also taken serious view of the feedback and the matter has been taken up personally with the team to ensure that our associates are given rigorous training.

With regard to the Internet charges, we have Tier based Internet plan with various speed and rates. Also, guests can use their personal USB sticks to connect through select service providers.

We look forward to your next visit and wish to serve you better

Yours sincerely,
Bordeaux, France
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Syayed at this hotel for four nights, close to the airport. In fact there is nothing close to to the hotel. Even though they aree building a new airport around the hotel, you wouldn't know it. Staff are fantastic, rooms though deco 1950, clean, quiet, plenty of room. Food and bars great. Swimming pool great and the shops have a good selection. The only small draw back is that it takes 45 mins by taxi to get into town, but this is India !
Very pleased with this hotel, well worth it... makes you feel in a different world compared to the hussel bussel outside ! Well done.

Room Tip: Oasis in Mumbai
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

It is heartening to note that our services provided by the team were appreciated. It was our pleasure to have been of service to you. It is our endeavor to provide our guests with the highest levels of comfort & quality service to ensure a memorable experience.

The team joins me in thanking you once again for your recognition & we look forward your continued visits.

Warm regards,
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 16, 2012

overall a good experience. great staff, gym and kaya kalp is a good place to cool down.residents lounge is an enjoyable place to move away from the room for a while and do the reading or enjoy the grand piano.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank-you for your generous compliments.

We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Yours sincerely,
Seoul
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stayed here a few times and it was always great to stay here. Especially breakfast & lunch buffet was very tasty. and once I was given only single room for two, so requested to change to double, but had to stay due to unavailability. you need to check in advance.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank hye_ch
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are gratified that you liked the property.
As for the restaurant experience we always endeavour to offer the very best in the world.

We deeply regret any inconvenience caused during your earlier visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back at ITC Maratha.

Warmest regards,
Lagos
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in February during a business trip to Mumbai with my colleagues at work for about 4 days. Being my first time in Mumbai and indeed India, I was a bit apprehensive on our way from the airport. Alas I need not have worried, ITC Maratha is a fabulous hotel right from the reception. The room was large, nicely decorated, lovely luxurious bathroom. Not exactly new, but still richly furnished and well maintained. It has about 10 or so restaurants, Grill, Oriental, English, etc you name it..Very nice and tasty food..Staff were friendly, professional and most importantly helpful at all times. Breakfast was included in the room rate which was nice. I will certainly stay in here should I ever find myself in Mumbai again. I also had a massage at the Spa... hmmm that was blissful and very cheap too! Location is not great, but then again this is Mumbai!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Your feedback is most gratifying and we are humbled by your gracious compliments. It is our endeavour to offer our guests the myriad flavours of India through our cuisines and services.

All of us look forward to your next visit to ITC Maratha, Mumbai.

Your sincerely,
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed March 7, 2012

My job takes me from place to place country to country and hotel to hotel, across the globe. I re-entered ITC Maratha after a gap of around six months. In between, stayed at other hotels during my visit to Mumbai. When I was walking towards reception to check in one of the senior staff greeted me by my name. It was a real pleasant surprise. I re-learnt the definition of "customer delight", moreover I experienced it myself. I was checked into my Tower floor room as a Gold member of SPG. Everything was smooth to say the least. Next two days I was treated like a Royal which I never experienced before at any hotel anywhere. I must say a few good words about guys at the Coffee Shop. These guys, namely, Gaurav Chopra, Vinayak and the Chef Pawan, are like angels, so committed, so guest centric, simply unbelievable! I will go for 5 out of 5 for Maratha and last but not the least thanks to Daksha Gadi my reservations are taken care without any hassle. Three cheers to ITC Maratha and its superb team. Keep up the good show.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bablu05
Dear Guest,

Greetings from ITC Maratha, Sahar!

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and for your kind comments. We are pleased to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us.

It is always our endeavour to create a memorable experience — from the moment you step through the door until it is time for you to depart. We thank you for your detailed feedback on Room, restaurant and spa. Your feedback is most valuable to us which helps us to serve our guest.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back at ITC Maratha