This was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. They have paid so much attention to every detail in the hotel. The decor is gorgeous. Even the metal detector is artful :) When you walk in to the lobby, women dressed in beautiful sarees greet you with a "Namaste"; this really adds a touch of class.
Since I am a Starwood Preferred guest, they upgraded me to a deluxe suite, which was amazing- huge living room, a kitchenette, and separate bedroom. A changing vestibule outside the bathroom. The shower stall had 6 jets of water with amazing water pressure and hot water. There was also a soaking tub, which I did not use.
We ate breakfast daily at the SPG level lounge (I forgot what they called it), with a great selection of foods in the buffet, and we could also order anything else we wanted- from traditional Indian breakfast foods to Western-style foods. We also had hors d'oevres in the same lounge every evening.
I reiterate that the decor in this hotel is amazing. The multi-level atrium is beautiful. Each floor has hallways with beautiully carved windows that look down onto the atrium. Each floor also has several pieces of beautiful traditional Indian art.
The location is not ideal for leisure travel, but that didn't bother me as public transportation (either taxi or rickshaw) is very affordable (great location for business travelers, as it is less than a mile from the international airport).
I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat. I like this hotel better than it's sister hotel in Mumbai, ITC Grand Central.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ITC Maratha is one of the leading 5 star deluxe hotels in Mumbai, the commercial capital and dream city of India. The highlight of the hotel is its architecture and interior spaces. 1.75 lakh sq feet of stone, each hand carved has been used for its cladding and pillars patterned on the 18th and 19th century. The interiors are muted and subtle, with elements of both Victorian as well as Maharashtrian inspiration. It is in close proximity to the bustling business districts of north and central Mumbai, the NSE Exhibition Centre, and is a short distance from Film City, the Bombay Museum, and Borivili National Park. In addition, The Maratha is only a stone throw from the airport (2 km from the international terminal and 5 km from the domestic terminal) making it convenient for the transit traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your ITC Maratha, Mumbai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Itc Maratha, Mumbai Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Itc Grand Maratha
- Itc Hotel Grand Maratha Sheraton & Towers
- Grand Maratha