3,574 results
All reviewsdum pukhtupper crustinternational airportpeshawari restaurantpan asianclose to the airportguest relationscoffee shopbutler serviceluxurious hotelexcellent hotelhome away from homebusiness tripspecial thanksexcellent hospitalityhis teamfront office
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Fantastic hotel - the room was spick and span, hardly find any fault with it. I had an excellent sleep, which is essential when I'm on a business trip. The staff were very helpful and willing to lend a hand when required.

2  Thank tanys
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I'm currently on a business trip in Mumbai and for about the 5th time now I'm staying in the ITC Maratha. I never regret it. This hotel is just excellent. Staff goes out of their way to get you all you need, rooms are very nice and clean and service is just excellent. Also the restaurants in the hotel are incredible, very very good. Staying here always feels a lit like holiday. I also like the Spa and the gym very much. Just the perfect place to be for a business trip.

2  Thank Freya R
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for four days in March. I was attending a conference which was being held at the same venue. I am not a fan of Mumbai, least of all for business, as I find the city a little too much. However, I saw the ITC Maratha was near the airport so thought it would be good.

The hotel originally mixed up my arrival date and therefore airport pickup. I told them I was arriving at 01:20AM on March 2, but they took it to be the evening of the same day - so nobody was there to collect me. An easy error but one worth noting as so many flights arrive in the middle of the night. However, hotel staff at the airport, and some others (no idea who they were) helped me out and I was picked up within 20 minutes.

The hotel itself is beautiful - a real oasis in the city. Security is tight - as it has to be - but it is so efficient you hardly notice. The staff give you such a great welcome upon arrival.

The room I had (1133) was great. Very modern, incredibly clean. Wi-fi worked just fine throughout my stay. The bed - oh my - was so comfortable. The linen they use is so soft I was tempted to 'borrow' some! The toiletries in the bathroom were great and even the minibar prices weren't extortionate.

I ate a lot at the hotel - in restaurants and for the conference I was at. It was all fantastic and each bite encapsulated everything I love about Indian food. I recommend Dakshin - the southern Indian restaurant. Get the non-veg thali there - you'll never have eaten anything like it.

The icing on the cake for me with any hotel is it's gym/fitness facilities. In this area the ITC Maratha surpassed expectations. The gym houses all the equipment you could need and in such a nice environment. I spent a lot more than anticipated in here which was perfect considering the amount of food I was eating.

The staff were all fantastic throughout my stay. The security ladies on each floor were charming and housekeeping were always so smiley. As with all hotels of this calibre it is the staff which made it stand out.

I'll definitely jump at the chance to stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank moaksey
Reviewed March 6, 2011

The hotel has a beautiful 24x7 coffee shop called Peshwa Paviliion which showcases the rich heritage of the Marathas. The food at all restaurants had great taste and visual appeal. I stayed at the Towers room category and the room was very comfortable and well equipped with all the necessary amenities. The bathroom was also quite spacious. The hotel could have had a temperature controlled swimming pool and could have had better interiors at the spa.

2  Thank Rohit_85
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Date: 06MAR2011
Dates stayed were November & December 2010 and January, February and March 2011 for up to 2 weeks at a time. There will be more dates to come throughout the year.
I am an experienced traveler having spent many a night in many a hotel in many countries over the past 3 decades and I have to admit that the ITC Maratha, Mumbai is one of the better hotels, if not the best I have stayed in for comfort, quality and peace of mind.
Its distinct advantage for me is that it is about 5-10 mins from the International terminal and about 15-20 mins from the Domestic terminal and as I have to get to these these frequently I find it an advantage. It is not so advantageous if you have to go downtown to Nariman Point or the Gateway of India etc on business or on a daily basis for whatever reason but, if you do then allow about one hour.
When you arrive at the hotel the security is very efficient but extremely courteous. They take into consideration that you have travelled far or had a long day but nevertheless your safety is paramount. Pretty soon they all get to know you but that does not make them drop their guard.
On entry into the lobby/reception hall the doorman, in his smart uniform, salutes you and you are favourably greeted by the bellhops/porters who attend to your luggage. There are also the superbly dressed (in fetching Saris) the hospitality hostesses who are stunningly attractive who attend to your immediate needs with check-in and will show you to your room explaining as they accompany you what the hotel has to offer. They are often seen around the hotel being ever helpful and will attend to your particular needs should you require assistance with planning your day, needing an extra pillow or require particular fruit in your room and so on. It does not take long before all the hotel staff from the doorman, bellhop, check-in personnel, housekeeping, waiters etc to get to know you and greet you daily with a big welcoming smile.
The hotel itself is beautifully laid out from arrival at the lobby through to your room. The rooms themselves are a good size and well equipped with large sized multi-channeled flat screen tv and large modern bathroom (in marble) with large shower and in most cases a large bath as well. Room service is fast and efficient as is the laundry service. On the latter you hand in your laundry in the morning and as I found out at the weekends when working in my room the turnaround was within 3-4 hours.
The Wellness Centre and Spa gym is well equipped and the personnel are helpful and will take the time to explain the proper use of the equipment if you are unfamiliar. There are many other services such as Kerala Ayurvedic Treatments, various massages, beauty parlour, Jacuzzi and Sauna as well as men’s and ladies’ salons. In the same area there is the outdoor swimming pool which is well laid out and secluded as it is one level above ground level.
Breakfast can be taken in the main eating area in the well laid out atrium area (Peshwa Pavilion) or in the breakfast lounge on the 15th floor (5th Floor in reality). During the week I prefer the latter as you have almost one on one waiter service and they soon get to know you. At the weekends I tend to use the atrium area as you have self service as well as a la carte and can eat later. The service is just as good.
The Business Centre and Conference Rooms are well equipped and are excellent for conducting business whether you have an ‘in camera’ business meetings or need to have internet communication with various time zones.
One of the advantages of the hotel is the fact that it has six restaurants offering a vast choice of cuisine. There is the Peshawri that serves cuisine from the North West Frontier, the Dum Pukht that serves royal cuisine that is slow cooked in sealed earthenware, the Dakshin that serves Southern style cooking, the West View that specializes in grills and has desserts to die for, the Pan Asia that serves Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian, Korean and Mongolian and finally the Peshwa Pavilion that serves buffet style Indian cuisine as well as a la carte Indian and European cuisine. Yummy! The quality and presentation of the food as well as the service irrespective of the restaurant is superb. If none of those take your fancy then you can always have bar service in the well laid out bar, the Bombay High, on the ground floor.
Talking of bars, there is the bar on the 15th floor (5th floor in reality) where you are invited (depending on your room rate) for the ‘happy hour’ between 18:00 and 20:00 where you are plied with drinks and snacks. The bar staff are friendly, courteous and efficient and what is more they remember your favourite tipple.
The hotel rooms are quiet and you do not get any outside street noise, inside corridor noise or noise from adjacent rooms. Unlike in many hotels I have stayed in.
Finally, if you want to go shopping then you are not far from the famous Linking Road/Hill Road area and the Oberoi Mall. If you go, don’t forget to barter.
All in all the ITC Maratha is a great place to stay in when in Mumbai and I feel at home when I am there which is important as a traveler as when you are away from home you miss it but that loss is lessened because of the hotel and its personnel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business