“Excellant Hotel with Great Service”

Ramee Guestline Dadar Hotel
Ranked #112 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
USA
“Excellant Hotel with Great Service”
Reviewed February 16, 2009

I was initially skeptical about the hotel, especially after reading some of the negative reviews, but still gave it a shot due to the convenience of the location, the advertised features and the fairly decent price. To my delight, it turned out to be a great experience for me.
I was 3 days in Mumbai and the hotel staff did a great job in making my stay comfortable. The rooms were clean and well appointed, the service was great, and the staff courteous. The complementary morning breakfast was excellant and so was the room service.
I thought the restaurant prices were a bit on the higher side, but the food was of quality.
I'd suggest the hotel to anybody looking for quality hotel that is beyond a basic category but not in the 5 star range.

• Liked — Service
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Tamilnadu
Reviewed April 15, 2008

I had a problem similar to the review above.

To the left of the bathtub (as you face the shower), the door behind the glass could be opened, and it leads to a lot of plumbing pipes.

When I asked the Front Desk for help, a man came up, and said this should not be a problem, since "Hotel Security is very tight". I had to insist on this getting sealed.

I asked 3 times for the mini-bar to be checked on the morning of the check-out, since I had experienced nasty surprises with other hotels before.

When I complained this had not been done 2 hours after several requests, they said they would trust my word for it that I had not used anything from the mini-bar.

30 minutes after I had checked out and was on the way to the airport, the front desk calls, saying I had used some candies from the mini-bar. I was asked to pay some Rs. 450+ for this! This was crazy, as there was only one set of candy in the mini-bar on check-in, and it remained there when I left!

On my asserting this, they put me to housekeeping, who accepted this fact!

I find it highly objectionable that:
1. They did not come and check the mini-bar after several requests.
2. On their own failure to do this, they decided to accept my word.
3. Some 30 minutes after check-out they suddenly call and demand Rs. 400+
4. On my clarifying the candies there, they dropped the charges.

Highly suspicious to say the least!

• Liked — Decent Rooms.
  • Disliked — Scary security loophole in bathroom, Fraudulent charges for imaginary mini-bar items!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank rk_fc

Travelers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

India
Reviewed April 17, 2007

I checked in this hotel at about 8 pm . The front desk staff insisted that I pay for the stay in advance. After checking in my room, I could hear a phone ringing in the bathroom. Going into the bathroom , I saw that the phone there was silent and on further look, I found that when I stood in the bath tub, there was huge glass on left side which opened into a door leading to a dark passage. The passage apparently connects into all room on that floor. A hidden passage that opens into a bathroom and its door concealed behind a glass is one of the scariest things to happen to a traveller. The staff;s attitude was even worse, they claimed it was no big deal and took enormous time to refund my money when I decided to check out. Then they agreed to provide a car to the airport but when I sat in the car, the manager came running and asked me to get out of the car saying its not their policy. ADVICE: Stay on the airport for the night but don't take a risk staying at Ramee Guestline

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Very bad staff attitude
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
6 Thank Ashu23
Travelers also viewed these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels
Bawa Regency
Bawa Regency
#125 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Hotel Midtown Pritam
Hotel Midtown Pritam
#244 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Hotel Park Lane
Hotel Park Lane
#154 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Hotel Avon Ruby
Hotel Avon Ruby
#376 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Hotel Amigo
Hotel Amigo
#371 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Hotel Shantiidoot
Hotel Shantiidoot
#326 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)

Been to Ramee Guestline Dadar Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramee Guestline Dadar Hotel

Property: Ramee Guestline Dadar Hotel
Address: Opp. Swami Narayan Temple | Dadar (E), Mumbai, Mumbai (Bombay) 400014, India
Location: India > Maharashtra > Mumbai (Bombay)
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool
#49 Spa Hotel in Mumbai (Bombay)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Ramee Guestline Dadar Hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramee Guestline Dadar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramee Guestline Hotel