“A Great Hotel”

Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel
Ranked #25 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed February 13, 2014

People are greeted with respectable employees. The hotel has outstanding fitness center and the swimming pool is breathtaking. I was very impressed by the comfortable beds, clean spacious bathroom and general facilities in my room like tea, coffee, hairdryer and complimentary toiletries, etc. The rooms are comfortable, spacious, luxurious, very clean and tidy. The employees are always welcoming. They answer quickly and efficiently.The staff were very keen to help me and gave excellent advice on good local restaurants and bars and public transport, etc.

Room Tip: Overall a classy hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,401)

Reviewed February 13, 2014

It’s a very good experience. I went there with my friend to celebrate something and we were confuse about choosing the food from menu but thanks to the cordial staff especially chef Abhishek kabrawala and chef Atiq who personally helped us in choosing the food by asking our preferences. I really liked it, it was a whole new experience of choosing the food you like from the menu. And then finally the food came. It was so delicious that m feeling hungry remembering it. I couldn’t get to eat it such a lovely food without chef’s help and ofcourse his magic! . Somehow the staff got to know that we were celebrating some special moment and they arranged special cake for us. I was amazed and so much impressed by the hospitality. It was a complete customer delight for me.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The staff is always friendly and makes a point to say hello, etc. Can't say enough good things about the staff. I particularly like the breakfast buffet in the VIP lounge. The beds are SO comfortable. I really enjoy when I have the time for a massage. I always ask for Dineesh (?) because he is so good at what he does.

Room Tip: Request the pool side view.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Went to Mumbai for a 2 day-2 night business trip and was pleasantly surprised by the hotel's location which was quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Even with traffic it took us about 20-30 minutes to get there from the airport. They greeted me with a security check at the gate and the entrance which ensured a safe environment, then greeted with traditional Indian ornaments. A hotel staffer accompanied me to me room to do the check in, which was very easy and fast, then my luggage was at the door when the staffer left.

With the room rate that I paid, I felt internet and breakfast should have been included in the rate. The extra happy hour deal upstairs at the Executive Level could also have been included, but I would pay extra for the food and drinks provided there. Their 20% tax, and other % of the 20%, plus other extra tax charges are a bit to look at when you get a bill from the bar or restaurant and it should be scaled down a bit. Alcohol is a bit pricey as well. A friend got charged about $86 for a double Chevis 18, and a mighty small double, which was later reduced.

The restaurants were very nice, great food, and service. The room was fine for me and the bathroom was very large with separate bath and shower. The pool area was nice and very large, however the service area was a bit on the slow side. Overall, was OK minus all the extra charges on an already solid day rate. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: New Wing Lake View
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My company uses this hotel on a regular basis so I visit the facility as often as 8 times a year. Large, quite rooms with, huge bathrooms and very attentive staff. Just a bit of a headache getting downtown due to the transportation infrastructure in Mumbai; however, that is changing.
Excellent pool and athletic facilities. Very nice restaurants with a wonderful selection of international cuisine.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

the navigator desk and the servers at the breakfast are too good and professional i always enjoy my stay i would request for free laundry of my uniform during my 24 hour stay every week i stay two or three times a month in the hotel

Room Tip: rooms with even numbers are quieter my room ac got burnt in the afternoon navigator desk people li...
Reviewed February 12, 2014

when we arrived, a welcome buffet was offered. Nice room with comfortable bath, just the overhead shower was broken. TV was not working properly, but doesn't affect me. Overall good experience. Food and drinks in hotel not pricy, and authentic taste.

Room Tip: even numbers have lakeview, others "slumview".