“Amazing Experience & Excellent Service”

Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel
Ranked #25 of 486 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at renaissance with my 7 month old baby n husband to celebrate my bday. We were delighted by our upgrade to a tower room with a lake facing sitting room and bedroom. It was an amazing experience to wake up to the lake view in Mumbai. To take it a step further the bathtub also has a view of the green mountains and the lake.

The amenities in the hotel was more than one could ask for. The water heater in the room was a boon to feed my 7 month old. The pool side view is marvelous in the background of the Powai lake, which never looked as great from any view.

The most remarkable part was the service of the staff right from the hotel staff, the room service and the restaurants. The multi-cuisine dinner options left us deciding to choose from Italian to Chinese to Indian (Lucknow festival) to Lake side Cafe. We were left amazed by a staff bringing us our lil one’s socks which we lost during our walk from one restaurant to another.
The breakfast buffet options were also lavish and had anything you could wish for.

My baby was the center of attraction and I loved the friendly attitude of the entire staff. Thank u for a wonderful stay and out of Mumbai Experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Sheidari, General Manager at Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that Renaissance proved to be a perfect abide to mix pleasure and work as being a Lifestyle hotel this is what we strive for. At the Renaissance we want our guests to enjoy the hustle bustle of the city along with the calm and soothing hotel surroundings. I would like to thank you for your great feedback about our staff, services and restaurants. i am delighted that your baby was taken care of utmost and that is as valuable to us as to you. I have shared your feedback with the team and we are delighted that you have carried back fond memories of your stay with us. Looking forward to having you stay with us again and thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Email: saeid.heidari@marriott.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,365)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was totally pampered by the Renaissance hotel at the Lucknowi festival at the Nawab saheb outlet at the hotel.You must visit if you want to be treated and pampered like royalty.The food is aromatic and subtle, not spicy and ever so smooth.Master Chef Rehman Mujeebur was specially flown in for this festival which had numerous kababs, biryanis and assorted rotis.The management is very enthusiastic, courteous and hospitable,ofcourse headed by Afsar Khan the Director of restaurants at Renaissance .
The basel leaf festival blew my mind away,the lobby welcome guests and gave them an idea of the festivals happening at their various outlets at the hotel. Executive chef Danish Ashraf conducted the innovative Basel concoctions which such finesse!
Ofcourse you have the night life come alive at Velvet Lounge, and their Italian restaurant as well as their lake side cafe.So many options, you are spoilt for choice and if you want to swim during a lazy sunday brunch ,what more could one ask for.Sheer luxury!

Room Tip: Keep a look out for on going food festivals which are reasonable to your pocket and also filled wit...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I visited the Renaissance for the 4th time this year (2013). The last time was in the rainy season, and that might have affected my impression. It looks to me as if the quality standards are slowly declining. Let me give two examples:

- at check in I was promised 'the room with the best view the hotel has on offer: the lakeside view". There are many rooms with this view, and since it was the rainy season the hotel was not full. So why did I get the room with the absolutely worst view I ever had in this hotel: half the view from the window was blocked because of a blind wall

- one morning I had to leave the hotel early (6am), and I asked whether it would be possible for me to get a breakfast in a box at 5:30am in my room. It took 4 discussions to agree about the contents of the box, the exact timing of the delivery to my room. The next morning: no breakfast, and I had to leave the hotel with an empty stomach.

Let me finish on an upbeat note: the Renaissance remains one of the best hotels to stay in in Mumbai, especially during the rainy season. A special word of thanks to Rohit, who has a well-developed sense of hospitality, and a keen eye on what visitors need.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeside room (without a blind wall blocking the view!)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Anazing stay and a good place to chill out.the service provided by trilok chauhan was amazing.he made my stay worthwhile. santosh phad at the bar in executive lounge is well appreciated for his service.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Nishin D
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have stayed here on three previous occassions as Marriott Preffered members but we found a vast improvement during our last visit around New Year's eve and hence did not want to miss out on reviewing. We were booked for three nights at a Deluxe Hill view room but were provided an upgrade to a High Floor Lake Facing Room with complimentary dinner as well. The room was spacious and well spruced up. Check-in and check out was a breeze compared to previous occassions. We tried the room service on few occasions and found it to be very prompt. The breakfast had plenty of choices. There was a marriage function going on during the entire length of our stay and the hotel seemed to have been fully booked but there was no let up in the services. We dined at Fratelli Fresh more than once and the service and food was amazing. I just had one complaint - the car we would leave for parking would return a tad dirtier with bird droppings etc and this may have to do with the open locations used for parking. All in all, we had a very satisfying experience and we look forward to staying here on our next visit to Mumbai.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Its_Casti
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My brother stayed at this hotel on a 3 month business trip to mumbai and on visiting him we were also allowed to share the luxurious experience. There is no reason to leave the hotel as it has all the amenities that you would need however of course we wanted to see the city so did venture out daily (always with a driver) to experience the culture. India is so different to british life so it was a relief to know what pleasantries awaited us after long days travelling around such a vast foreign city where you feel like a celebrity as all the locals do is stare! The rooms are beautiful, the breakfast was amazing each day and the restaurants all had really lovely diverse menus. HK put fresh water bottles in your room every day (pop them straight into the mini bar so they are nice and chilled when you need them - bliss in the heat). The pool area is really nice and they give you fresh towels each time you visit. Only drawback is that if you arrive at the hotel entrance at the same time as others you all have to go through airport style security (bags as well) and can have to wait a little bit, but as it is for security purposes, we didnt mind and made us feel safer. Would definitely return if i were to find myself back in mumbai again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the tower, we had the slum view which was culturally quite interesting, my brot...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Katy P

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your Feedback is of great value to us and would definitely help us enhance our services. I understand that 3 months is a long time and i am so gratified to know that we are achieving the nature of making our guest feel at home even though they are away from home and have similar mixed feelings as they leave us which they have while leaving their home. I would also like to thank you for your kind appreciation about our hospitality services which best suited your needs.
We look forward to welcoming you back again and creating many more such memories with us.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

So this hotel is beautiful, with garden, gift shop, nice restaurant, and so on.
when you walk into the hotel, you can already feel great hospitality there.
the room is very beautiful, elephant in the bathroom etc.
there is garden you can walk around.
indian food at the hotel is simply amazing.
they have dinner buffet.
you can hire a car for a day for very cheap and go around sightseeing.
security is very strict so every time you come into the hotel there is security check,
for women you go into this small room and they search you so you have to be ok with that (searched by of course woman very respectfully)
I felt very safe in the hotel and was a great stay.

Room Tip: higher floor with view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rurina

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that Renaissance proved to be a perfect abide to mix pleasure and work as being a Lifestyle hotel this is what we strive for. At the Renaissance we want our guests to enjoy the hustle bustle of the city along with the calm and soothing hotel surroundings and your security is definitely our priority. I would like to thank you for your great feedback about our staff, services and restaurants. I have shared your feedback with the team and we are delighted that you have carried back fond memories of your stay with us. Looking forward to having you stay with us again and thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.