“Vastly improved”

Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel
Ranked #25 of 486 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have stayed here on three previous occassions as Marriott Preffered members but we found a vast improvement during our last visit around New Year's eve and hence did not want to miss out on reviewing. We were booked for three nights at a Deluxe Hill view room but were provided an upgrade to a High Floor Lake Facing Room with complimentary dinner as well. The room was spacious and well spruced up. Check-in and check out was a breeze compared to previous occassions. We tried the room service on few occasions and found it to be very prompt. The breakfast had plenty of choices. There was a marriage function going on during the entire length of our stay and the hotel seemed to have been fully booked but there was no let up in the services. We dined at Fratelli Fresh more than once and the service and food was amazing. I just had one complaint - the car we would leave for parking would return a tad dirtier with bird droppings etc and this may have to do with the open locations used for parking. All in all, we had a very satisfying experience and we look forward to staying here on our next visit to Mumbai.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Its_Casti
Write a ReviewReviews (2,367)

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My brother stayed at this hotel on a 3 month business trip to mumbai and on visiting him we were also allowed to share the luxurious experience. There is no reason to leave the hotel as it has all the amenities that you would need however of course we wanted to see the city so did venture out daily (always with a driver) to experience the culture. India is so different to british life so it was a relief to know what pleasantries awaited us after long days travelling around such a vast foreign city where you feel like a celebrity as all the locals do is stare! The rooms are beautiful, the breakfast was amazing each day and the restaurants all had really lovely diverse menus. HK put fresh water bottles in your room every day (pop them straight into the mini bar so they are nice and chilled when you need them - bliss in the heat). The pool area is really nice and they give you fresh towels each time you visit. Only drawback is that if you arrive at the hotel entrance at the same time as others you all have to go through airport style security (bags as well) and can have to wait a little bit, but as it is for security purposes, we didnt mind and made us feel safer. Would definitely return if i were to find myself back in mumbai again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the tower, we had the slum view which was culturally quite interesting, my brot...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Katy P
Sheidari, General Manager at Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your Feedback is of great value to us and would definitely help us enhance our services. I understand that 3 months is a long time and i am so gratified to know that we are achieving the nature of making our guest feel at home even though they are away from home and have similar mixed feelings as they leave us which they have while leaving their home. I would also like to thank you for your kind appreciation about our hospitality services which best suited your needs.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

So this hotel is beautiful, with garden, gift shop, nice restaurant, and so on.
when you walk into the hotel, you can already feel great hospitality there.
the room is very beautiful, elephant in the bathroom etc.
there is garden you can walk around.
indian food at the hotel is simply amazing.
they have dinner buffet.
you can hire a car for a day for very cheap and go around sightseeing.
security is very strict so every time you come into the hotel there is security check,
for women you go into this small room and they search you so you have to be ok with that (searched by of course woman very respectfully)
I felt very safe in the hotel and was a great stay.

Room Tip: higher floor with view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rurina

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that Renaissance proved to be a perfect abide to mix pleasure and work as being a Lifestyle hotel this is what we strive for. At the Renaissance we want our guests to enjoy the hustle bustle of the city along with the calm and soothing hotel surroundings and your security is definitely our priority. I would like to thank you for your great feedback about our staff, services and restaurants. I have shared your feedback with the team and we are delighted that you have carried back fond memories of your stay with us. Looking forward to having you stay with us again and thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is the only hotel my husband uses on his buisness trips. The rooms are wide and clean. The staff members go out of their way to attend to all the guests needs and desires with best hospitality. They give you all reasons to return.

1  Thank Dr_Iris_B

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that Renaissance proved to be a perfect abide to mix pleasure and work as being a Lifestyle hotel this is what we strive for. I would like to thank you for your great feedback about our staff, services and restaurants. I have shared your feedback with the team and we are delighted that you have carried back fond memories of your stay with us. Looking forward to having you stay with us again and thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

It was a delight to be back here. But things have got much better.
What a warm welcome back I got. There was a reception team to welcome me back!! For a lone lady traveler its was really special.
Felt great to be back. The room was clean and cozy. Except when you got out..it was raining buckets. you should not travel to Mumbai in June/ July.
They take real good care. HK staff is very warm and they help you if you peek out of your door and ask for help.
Unfortunately my schedule was very hectic and dint get to eat at hotel. have heard the restaurants are great. Will definitely do so in next visit.
Whatever you need just ring reception they are very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dena171717

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the services at the hotel as Marriott is known for its standard and service. It is always our pleasure to make our guests feel at home even though they are away from home. I am pleased to know that Renaissance proved to be a perfect abide to mix pleasure and work as being a Lifestyle hotel this is what we strive for. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Service is over the top. The view of the Powai Lake from the lounge is really nice. "Kempee" is your bestfriend here. He's "fun"-tastic! We just love him! In case, you get lounge access, look for the guy with the friendliest smile.

I wish I could bring my colleagues for a glass of wine or for a bottle of beer.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback provided during your stay with us. Thank you also for appreciating our Executive Lounge facilities. I would also like to thank you for your kind appreciation about our staff as they are the ones who always run the show! We look forward to welcoming you back again and creating many more such memories with us.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I am indeed fortunate to have the Renaissance Hotel near where I am working in Powai section of Mumbai. I feel like I am vacation. The grounds and the view are outstanding. There are a variety of restaurants and the food is delicious. There is a pool, spa, shopping, beauty parlor, etc. There is no reason to leave the premises (except to go to work). The hotel staff is constantly inquiring whether they can make my stay more comfortable. I have a home here in Powai at the Renaissance.

Room Tip: The Lakeview rooms, especially in the tower, are spectacular.
1  Thank Gregsim_13