“Renaissance Mumbai”

Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel
Ranked #27 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Had a great time at Renaissance Mumbai specially thanks to Trilok and Sonia (Executive lounge) and Alan (Breakfast team). They all went the extra mile to make me feel at home.
Renaissance was not my first hotel option, but thanks to these people it will be from now on.

Room Tip: My review is for the rooms in the new tower.
8  Thank AKX71
Sheidari, General Manager at Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that Renaissance proved to be a perfect abide to mix pleasure and work as being a Lifestyle hotel this is what we strive for. I would also like to thank you for your kind appreciation about our staff as they are the ones who always run the show! We look forward to welcoming you back again and creating many more such memories with us.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

What a great hotel! It was my first time staying there and i was impressed with the level of service at the Hotel. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. The restaurants provide great choices and a wide variety of Indian, European and American Cuisine. The breakfast is fantastic with nearly everything you could wish for. Plan on staying here again when i return.

7  Thank Lou R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the services at the hotel as Marriott is known for its standard and service. It is always our pleasure to make our guests feel at home even though they are away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed in Renaissance for 5 nights in March. We got a lake view room. View is amazing in the nights from the room. Room and bathroom are very clean.

Swimming pool is big and there are many pool beds. It gets crowded over weekend but it is peaceful during the weekdays. There are some pool beds under the shade of trees inside the pool. We really enjoyed it.

Breakfast is again very good. They have lots of varieties. You name it, they have it. Everything tasted so good. Breakfast service is also very good.

This is mainly a business hotel. There are many business gathering while we were there. So, it is not a very cosy place to enjoy your vacation (if you are not on a business trip). Otherwise I would have given it 5 stars..

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room. You will surely like it :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Deepti K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your reviewing our Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed the Hotel has a breathtaking view which distinguishes us from others. The greenery to look at is a nice change from the computer screens our guests have to sink in whilst they are here with us on their business trips. Renaissance having the biggest convention centre does indeed attract a lot of business guest although we have a balanced mix of both leisure and corporate travellers. We look forward to your next stay with us soon!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed for a week on business- breakfast buffet was amazing everything you could wish for- staff friendly and attentive. Rooms clean and comfortable. Spa was good and the massage relaxing-Swimming pool was outside and (the only negative aspect) accessed via the spa reception area.

Room Tip: Lakeside views
10  Thank cornishpasty75

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that Renaissance proved to be a perfect abide to mix pleasure and work as being a Lifestyle hotel this is what we strive for. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The lounge on the top floor is well worth a visit: good views of the surrounding area and Powai Lake (although a little disappointing that the food stops by 7.30pm!).

Decent rooms with good amenities. Good selection for breakfast.

Great location for business in Powai.

7  Thank KGB777

Dear guest,

Thank you for the feedback provided during your stay with us. Thank you also for appreciating our Executive Lounge facilities. Your comments do help us in a way to improve our services and facilities. Looking foward to serving you again!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have stayed at The Renaissance Mumbai for more than 6 months as I had an extended business visit in Mumbai and I couldn't have found a better place. Starting from the location of the hotel itself with its beautiful lake view to the service provided, one cannot have a more perfect hotel experience than this hotel in Mumbai. I had chosen this hotel based on its equidistant location from both my place of business and rest of Mumbai but I will come back for one reason only, the excellent service provided. The breakfast at Fratelli Fresh which turns into a chic Italian restaurant at night is only surpassed by the phenomenal service headed by a very professional and guest friendly manager Mr. Ravi and his staff. The hotel boasts great specialty restaurants with cuisines such as Indian, Italian and Oriental in addition to an excellent Lake View Cafe and bakery. The hotel also has one of the best equipped 24 hr. gyms I have seen at a hotel among other services like a great salon and spa. The Executive Lounge is a perfect place to unwind after a long day at work. However what really makes this hotel stand a cut above the rest is the friendly staff and their ability to really take care of your needs. If you ever face any kind of problem, there is always the excellent Guest Relations crew to take care of it for you and one of the most proactive and efficient among them is Ms. Sucheta Malhotra who ensured I had literally no problems during my stay of several months. I had over 6 months to really test the abilities of the staff and services here and I have come away nothing but impressed. I'm actually looking forward to my next trip to Mumbai just to stay at The Renaissance :-)

Room Tip: Ask for lake view room and a king size bed. The corner suites are an excellent choice too.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Ajay_Mathuram

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that Renaissance proved to be a perfect abide to mix pleasure and work as being a Lifestyle hotel this is what we strive for. At the Renaissance we want our guests to enjoy the hustle bustle of the city along with the calm and soothing hotel surroundings. I would like to thank you for your great feedback about our staff, services and restaurants. I have shared your feedback with the team and we are delighted that you have carried back fond memories of your stay with us. Your Feedback is of great value to us and would definitely help us enhance our services. I understand that you stayed with us for months which is a long time and i am so gratified to know that we are achieving the nature of making our guest feel at home even though they are away from home and have similar mixed feelings as they leave us which they have while leaving their home. Looking forward to having you stay with us again and thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times this year on business. The rooms are well maintained, the staff are very friendly and keen to help. The Indian restaurant is fabulous, the Italian is very good, the Chinese is good. The sandwich bar does great coffee and is good for taking a packed lunch to work. The car service is good, the receptionists very helpful. However... when phoning the hotel switchboard from the office to order a car on 2 evenings, the line was ringing for 30 mins the first eveningand 20 mins the second evening. The first evening was extremely frustrating as when I finally got through to the car desk the line went dead so I had to try again. In the end I asked for the duty manager's cell phone number and that was fine. But I do think the switchboard should be checked. Once I had pointed out this issue, the service became exemplary and the staff made so much effort to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I would really recommend this as a business hotel.

Room Tip: Lake view room
2  Thank ScrivsLondon
Sheidari, General Manager at Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is indeed great to know that you had an amazing stay with us and had such wonderful memories to carry back and share. Thank you so much for you feedback about our restraunts and overall staff services. With regards to the inconvenience caused to you due to the telephone lines i have put this forward to my team and we would be taking necessary steps and actions so that it does not happen again. Please do write to me for your future visit so that i can personally take care of it and make your stay a flawless one. Looking forward to wlecoming you back at the Renaissance.