“Expected more”

Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel
Ranked #27 of 452 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at the hotel as a guest, while attending a friend's wedding. The hotel looks like a typical upscale Corporate Hotel, with courteous staff that could communicate well. The prices of Room Service were outrageously high which is to be expected from Hotel Chains of such stature. The rooms were decent with no particular specialty. The elevator system where you need to swipe the magnetic room key to go upstairs is pretty annoying and doesn't work very smoothly. Once my key stopped working, as is common with these kind of keys, and I tried calling the reception from the first floor but the phone placed near the elevator was broken, useless and kept merely as a show-piece. I have seen better bathrooms with better facilities at cheaper hotels and were just like the rooms, nothing great. The staff from the entrance to all the restaurants is well trained, well groomed and good to interact with. Due to its proximity to the lake/swamp, the hotel has considerable number of mosquitoes, which is definitely a let-down.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tripping_Nomad
Sheidari, General Manager at Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

I understand that we were not able to live up to your expectations during this stay. This is not a norm and is an aberration from our normal high standards. With regards to our Beverage & Food prices, we feel that we are competitively priced in relation with our competition hotels in Powai Area. I am confident that we would not fail you on your next visit and show you the true standard of our hospitality. Do write in to me for your next visit and would personally ensure you have a flawless stay.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at Renaissance during the Sankalp conference in April. While the conference facilities were good, I was a bit disappointed with the hotel. My room was a little run down, the lampshades were stained, the telephone in my room didn't work.
Overall though this is a good hotel, specially if you're attending a conference hosted at the hotel. If I were paying full price though, then it is not worth it.

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to know that the convention centre facilities suited your needs as we strive for perfection along with bringing comfort for all our valued guests here at the Renaissance. On the other hand i regret the fact for your experience about the room .I am confident that we would not fail you on your next visit and show you the true standard of our hospitality. Do write in to me for your next visit and would personally ensure you have a flawless stay.

Thank you for your feedback and we look foward to having you stay with us.

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in Mumbai. Great rooms wonderful restaurants and bars. A fantastic pool and the best breakfast you will find!
A fantastic gym and a a great atmosphere!
Worth every bit of its 5 stars!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank worldtravellerplus77

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I have shared your feedback with the team and we are delighted that you have carried back fond memories of your stay with us.
Looking forward to having you stay with us agian.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

An amazing location, next to Powai Lake and looked over by green hills and, unusually for Mumbai a spacious property with a walking trail.... What more can one ask of a convention centre, where one runs a serious risk of sitting indoors all the time. Clean with good service.... It almost feels like the staff actually enjoy their work! The food in the restuarants is good, the breakfast spread in both the locations is very good with the added bonus of sitting overlooking the lake. Excellent, large rooms.... What would I suggest as improvements... Free wifi; for God's sake this is a business hotel where everyone is connected all the time. Get your gardener and landscape folks to do something nice to look at and walk around in in your gardens.... When you have it flaunt it! It seems to be the only large convention hotel in Mumbai and is well worth considering as a place today and work.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that Renaissance proved to be a perfect abide to mix pleasure and work as being a Lifestyle hotel this is what we strive for. At the Renaissance we want our guests to enjoy the hustle bustle of the city along with the calm and soothing hotel surroundings. I would like to thank you for your great feedback about our staff, services and restaurants. I have shared your feedback with the team regarding the wifi and other facts mentioned and we are definitely taking care of the same.
Looking forward to having you stay with us again and thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hey People,

I would like to share with you a great point why you should select Renaissance Mumbai.. I met Adi and had great discussion and received warm welcome and because of him, I got a mindset that, I should select and come back to Renaissance again. Wow.. Superb. I had discussion in my language. Probably HR team in hotel should award him. He is an excellent guy and must guy for the hotel. He is a role model and like that person is mandatory to receive every customer, and I hope hotel should treat him well.

I wish him good for his career, and I recommend him for star award of this year,

Thanks a lot guys, and keep up the good job.

- Suku

Sukumar Subburaj

1  Thank Sukumar_13
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance for the Sankalp 2013 conference. It was convinient. Although, I didn't get to see much of the hotel as a convention space it was excellent. Room service was ok but a lot better than the conference food. The staff was really helpful - which was useful when you are in for a short stay.
Although i didnt get the room I wanted - so be sure to be insistent of that when you book.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

i was traveling in india for more than 1 month... and i was completly tired when i saw that hotel i thought, i Should be there.. its was mot diference i had best time ever in india.. the front desk guy (if im not wrong) his names was Aman, he spoke at me clearly about the hotel service.. the Room service really good, fast cheap and also wonderful veggie burguer.. and about pizza??? Ooooo my god... so theres are many points that i have only to glorify but my advice is good there and check about your self.... and also Aksh from restaurant humble guy, very attentive. i would to say thanks everyone this trip india was incridible, but my stay on Renaissance mumbai was the grand finale... thanks soooooo much..

Prithu Braguin