“Amazing hotel - would definitely repeat.”

Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel
Ranked #27 of 465 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have just returned from a fantastic week a the Renaissance Powai, and I can say i was one of the best hotel experiences that I have had. I was in Mumbai a week for business and stayed here because of its proximity to where I needed to go for work. Between the service at check-in, the attention to every detail of housekeeping, the myriad of scrumptious culinary options in the restaurant, I can say that this hotel truly made a wonderful home when one is so far away from home. The staff in the restaurants were careful to attend to any need while the concierge helped with anything from internet to sending postcards. Also, the rooms are fantastically and tastefully decorated with some of the most comfortable beds that I have slept in. Complementary water and a mini bar are available as well as a good supply of toiletries, just in case you forgot something. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Mumbai as you are so close to the downtown part of the city but far enough away where you wake up to a wonderful landscape. The grounds of the hotel are also flawless, with a large swimming pool and garden to take walks in. The hotel was extremely secure with 2 security checks also. It is a beautifully decorated hotel (in this period, lots of Christmas decorations) with truly serious attention payed to every detail. The staff seems to really care about the hotel therefore they have a personal investment in both its property and more importantly the happiness of their guests.

Room Tip: We were upgraded for free to a lake-view room on a higher-up floor, definitely felt lucky because it...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Sucheta M, Guest Relations Executive at Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the services at the hotel as Marriott is known for its standard and service. It is always our pleasure to make our guests feel at home even though they are away from home and i am so gratified to know that we are achieving the nature of making our guest have similar mixed feelings as they leave us which they have while leaving their home. I would also like to thank you for your kind appreciation about our staff as they are the ones who always run the show! It is good to know that Renaissance proved to be a perfect abide to mix pleasure and work as being a Lifestyle hotel this is what we strive for. We look forward to welcoming you back again and creating many more such memories to take along.

Email: rhi.bombr.grm@renaissancehotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,337)

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Fantastic hotel, and both the times over 6 months, I was lucky enough to get a lake side room. Fabulous views, and almost makes you wonder if there are other hotels in Mumbai with such views (except, possibly Taj). Good ambiance.

The service is mixed; sometime I got fantastic service (in front desk, in restaurants, ...) and sometimes almost get ignored ;-).

Room Tip: Ask for a lake side room; the view in the night is fabulous. However, if there is an event going on...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed the Hotel has a breathtaking view which distinguishes us from others. The greenery to look at is a nice change from the computer screens our guests have to sink in whilst they are here with us on thier business trips. We look forward to your next stay with us soon. Do write in to me for your next visit and would personally ensure you have a flawless stay.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is hotel where you feel not in Mumbai at the same time you are within reach in Mumbai. with great restaurant and coffee shope highly secure place. When you are reaching this hotel early morning do be scared as there will no no light and it is almost on the hill top facing the lake

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable review about the Renaissance on Trip Advisor. Your comments do help us in a way to motivate and improve our services and facilities. I am pleased to know that your stay at Renaissance was very comfortable and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Most of the time the hotels in Powai are fully occupied. this hotel is not exception from that. what to do there are not many good 5* properties are available in Powai.

End up is staying small tower in corner room ( not lake view).

Two fold security checks - safe.
Reception - check in and check out are excellent.
Room - average. Amenities in bathroom looks like 2* star hotel. Small rooms with old fit outs. Had to struggle for hot water from shower in morning hours. Poor wifi in room, had to struggle to get the signal.
Breakfast - no complaints, good.
Restaurants - very expensive, costlier than Middle East 5* restaurant prices.
Going out - you need a vehicle if you want to go to down town for a beer or food.
Reservation desk - during the peak times or last minute reservation, if you say that you are booking the room through corporate account, be prepared to hear that " fully booked sir", but if you surf through Marriott or booking.com web site you still find rooms. This happened to me when i wanted stay back for second time, and sent the screen shot of web site to reservation desk, no response.

After that I never tried to book a room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I understand that we were not able to live up to your expectations during this stay. This is not a norm and is an aberration from our normal high standards. With regards to our Beverage & Food prices, we feel that we are competitively priced in relation with our competition hotels in Powai Area. I am confident that we would not fail you on your next visit and show you the true standard of our hospitality. Do write in to me for your next visit and would personally ensure you have a flawless stay.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had given order of sea food chees masala prawns and it was so tasty that i can't wait and i will surely visit again this place with my family and ambience of this hotel is also good it is in calm place and with lush green land surroundings.Thanks

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about the Renaissance Mumbai on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased to know that Renaissance and the dining experience has embedded memories so deep that you would be back to revive them. We look forward to welcoming you back again and make many more such memories.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've used this hotel 6 times for work over the last 3 or 4 years and it's always served it's purpose, close to teh office, helpful staff and good amenities.

The latest visit included bringign my father and my partner as guests, for the first few days I shared a twin room with my father. When we checked there was only a smoking twin room left (it turned out that a colleague travelling alone had 5 minutes earlier been given a non-smoking twin room). We were in the main part of the hotel and the room was very tired, having bigged up the hotel after previous visits I was very disappointed.

When my partner arrived I moved rooms to a double with her, again this was a very tired room. The hotel needs to freshen up the old part of it.

After we left the hotel (went to the JW Marriott) I had left some shorts. I called from the JW Marriott in Juhu to ask the shorts to be sent over, assuming Marriott to Marriott would be straight forward. After 5 or 6 calls (expensive on my UK mobile) and several promises to call back, even though they had my shorts and my forwarding address I never saw the shorts. For this sort of hotel I would have expected transferring a pair of shorts to a sister hotel would be straight forward - poor service that left me out of pocket.

Room Tip: Try and get into the new part, although they often try and upgrade you at cost and charge additional...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Optomist_Traveller
Sucheta M, Guest Relations Executive at Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to have your valuable feedback as it would help us enhance our services and provide better services. I regret the fact that revert over left valuables was delayed. I understand that for your this stay we were not able to live up to your expectations and showcase the true standard of "spirit to serve". Your feedback have been put ahead to respective teams to take necessary actions, however i would urge you to allow us another chance to show the true colour of our hospitality. Do write to me in personal for your future visit so that i can take care of the same an it would be flawless as your previous ones.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We have been to this hotel many times for lunch buffet from my office on weekdays. We have also taken a few tours around the table. I have also been to the velvet lounge a couple of times. Location and views offered by the hotel are its main USP. For people with business in the areas of Powai, Andheri, MIDC, etc. its a great place. The pool area is quite tranquil and well maintained. I have not stayed at this hotel so can't comment about the room conditions and pricing. The food however is quite good and pricing is decent. The approach road is a little tricky and a bit hard to find.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I have shared your feedback with the team and we are delighted that you have carried back fond memories of your stay with us. Your comments do help us in a way to motivate and improve our services and facilities.
Looking forward to having you stay with us agian.