“Living like a princess at d Marriott...”

Lakeside Chalet, Mumbai - Marriott Executive Apartments
Reviewed December 7, 2013

For almost 2 months, this impecable place has been my home away from home. So talking about missing your family and all, they'll make sure that they let you feel just like at home plus treat you like a royalty or in my case like a princess during your stay. I can talk about accomodations and how the facilities are which are great by the way but I would like to focus on this hotel's prime and well mannered staff. From housekeeping to d waiters to d guards, seems like an endless burst of indian hospitality n excellent service. Speaking of waiters- one that I could not forget are d ones we meet during buffet breakfast. Atul Nikam- from d very start right til d end he will let you know what excellent service is! Very efficient n just d right kind of person who will take care of your needs n I may say orders seemlessly. Apart from him, big thanks to , Nandan n Pratik- also waiters.. Great job guys. 3 great waiters! Other people I met were who are commendable on what they do Niharika, Rishi from front desk n from housekeeping Rajesh. In totality, all d people who work there were AWESOME. So if you want to be treated just like a princess.. You know where :) (I may have grammatical errors- I'm using a mobile phone. forgivable... LOL) thanks guys til we meet again- Sephie Room 125 Oct 23-Dec 12 2013

• Stayed: November 2013
Mitesh N, Manager at Lakeside Chalet, Mumbai - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Greetings!!

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Marriott Executive Apartments, Mumbai. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

It is a delight to read such encouraging comments for the hotel and the team who are equally pleased with your feedback and join me in thanking you.

We look forward to your continued support, and continue to delight you during your stay with us.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is i think the best place in Mumbai! It's very quiet, safe, clean and environment is beautiful.
All the people who work there are very nice.
Very good place.
And you can choice between two swiming pools, you can play tennis, a big and huge gym room, a spa...
If you don't want to go outside for dinner, you have the choice of 5 differents restaurants : one in the chalet building, and 4 in the Rennaissance hôtel which is in the same park.
Enjoy

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Greetings!!!

Thank you for staying at Marriott Executive Apartment and posting this wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.

Feedback like these motivate us to provide the best of services to our esteemed clients. The entire team is thrilled by this feedback posted by you.

Looking forward to welcome you at Marriott Executive Apartment

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I've stayed here for 5-6 months and hence it's literally a home away from home. Nowhere in mumbai that you can find such quality service apartment and I did face challenges finding a decent place I can call home in this city - until I find this apartment. What's more is the sincerity and helpfulness of the staff. Few key ppl: in the front desk (particularly chandran & rishi - anything you need, speak to them), in the breakfast area (esp nandan who remembers ur usual orders n get them ready for you before u even ask and the great chef named somendran).

Overall great experience and would recommend this apt for anyone!

Room Tip: Choose the lame facing room for a good view of powai lake
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings!!

Thank you for staying at Marriott Executive apartment, Powai. and for sparing your valuable time, to post your review of us on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to receive your inspiring feedback and to note that you are enjoying the service and the overall facilities.

Your appreciation of our team members is very fulfilling, Such feedback inspires the team to continue striving harder towards excellence.

We look forward to your continued support, and continue to delight you in your stay.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed at the apartments for 9 weeks (Aug-Oct) and had a fantastic time and experience. The newly furbished apartments are done up to a very high standard with all good equipment, very comfy bed, sparkling bathroom, good air-con,flat screen TV's and business facilities as a 5-star hotel should have. The higher floors at the apartments have spectacualr views of the hills and lake and the garden and pool area is quiet, calm and welcoming with a beautiful view of the Powai Lake.
The apartment is supported by the fancy 5-star Renaissance Hotel which provides all the required aminities of a fab pool, fine gourmet restaurants, gym, spa & shops.

The apartment reception staff, hotel manager Mitesh, chefs, breakfast/romm service staff (Rajendra & Nandan) have been extremely helpful and courteous, looking after every need and fancy of the guests. Going over and above to ensure all guests are happy and contented during their stay. Not to forget the excellent breakfast spread every morning with smiles from all the staff and chefs!
Residents must try the amazing Pao Bhaji, Samosas & Tandoori chicken from room service.

I would definitely recommend this apartment for a good homely stay and would definitely return back someday.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors as they have good views of the hills, Powai lake and surrounding area
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Mitesh N, Manager at Lakeside Chalet, Mumbai - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Greetings!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Marriott Executive Apartments, Mumbai. It is only with support and patronage from guest like yourself that encourage us to create memorable experiences for all our guest.

At Marriott Executive Apartments, Mumbai it is our constant endeavor to maintain high standards of service and efficiency.

We look forward to your continued support, and welcoming you back on your next visit to Mumbai.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Marriott Executive Apartments for eight weeks. It is approximately thirty minutes from my work address in Thane. The apartment includes a large bedroom, bathroom with shower, a studio a small kitchen (adequate for my needs) and a large living area. Service has been very good.

The highlight of the day for me at the Marriott is in the morning. I enjoy the variety and quality of the breakfast choices – eggs to order, fresh juices, fruit, yogurt and Indian specialties. Chef Pancham, Chef Rohit, Vinay and Manoj are talented and attentive. They now know my preferences and show genuine concern for my satisfaction.

The table staff and servers are also pleasant and professional in an understated, polite manner. If you decide to stay, you will enjoy the meals prepared by the staff as well as your table-side needs provided by Namdan, Atul, Sameer, Ananad, Siddesh, and Seby.

I am here alone in Mumbai but have noticed how friendly the staff is to children. I remember the days when I travelled to various work locations with my family. I was relieved when I stayed at a hotel where the staff genuinely made guests feel at home and in a friendly neighborhood. I believe a family will enjoy the accommodations here, the pool, the tennis court, but most of all - the staff.

Greetings!!

I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities, and we like to thank you for recommending us through this portal.

We appreciate your recognition for our associates and the message has been conveyed to the entire team.

Our associates and ambassadors are our major strength who are trained to be friendly yet give unobtrusive service.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I recently stayed here for a 7 week period whilst on business in Mumbai. To start I will speak about the place itself. On my first 2 weeks I was given one of the appartments on the 2nd floor which have still to be refurbished, it was nice, spacious, really comfy bed etc - the place was comfortable but maybe a little bit on the scruffy side and a little bit of a damp pong in one of the corners of the living room area. This together with the constant banging (which happened to be because I was next to the Laundry room) led me to complain and ask to be moved. My understanding is that 1st-3rd floor appartments are still in need of refurbishment - although even when this is done I'd advise you steer clear or anywhere close to the laundry rooms - it's very very noisy from about 6am.

So I was moved to the 5th floor to a lovely modernised appartment. It was spotlessly clean, and cleaned every day. The bed here, unlike on the 2nd floor, was actually a bit bumpy and gave me a sore back for the first couple of days but I got used to it and generally found it comfortable enough. The shower was a huge walk in space and despite taking a little while to heat up, i found it to be excellent. Main criticism of the appartment of which I spent 5 weeks in, was that when I came home from work the toilet lid would be up and I found there was a funny sewerage type smell (like strong turnip!!) - but it did usually disappeared when I put the lid down and I guess this is pretty standard for somewhere that uses recycled water in flushes.

Onto some of the good stuff. Firstly, the Staff including ALL of the waiters, waitresses, chefs and grounds people are without a doubt the most friendly, polite, sincere, eager to please people I have ever met in any hotel complex. They will go out of their way to satisfy your needs and virtually nothing is too big an ask for them. In particular, in the Lakeside, guys such as Atil, Pratik and Nandan were first class and since I was over there on my own, I found it very endearing to have these guys provide such a professional and friendly service. Simple things such as having my cup of black tea made and on my table for me in the morning as soon as they seen me coming out the elevator. They also did very well to remember my room number, my name etc despite the massive amount of residents while I was there.

The food throughout the complex (including the Renaissance restaurants) was of a superb standard. I thoroughly enjoyed the Italian food from Fratelli, the Chinese was outstanding from Emperors Court and the Nawab Saheb Indian was excellent. Crimson, which was part of the Lakeside Appartments itself was also lovely and pretty varied menu.

The prices, particularly of alcohol and of laundry, are on the very expensive side but his can be expected in such a lovely complex which is isolated magnificently from the hustle and bustle of the Powai streets. There's electric fencing right around the huge area and the beautiful picturesque Powai Lake is a truely remarkable view, especially on a sunny day.

The Renaissance is such a lovely building, stunning interior, and this is reflected in the amount of conventions, weddings etc held within. There's always something being hosted here, and rightly so because it clearly is excellent in catering large events. Again all staff here are very professional and the guys in the Bombay Express Cafe do a good job, although it can be quite a slow service waiting for a simple sandwich. This is probably more down to the laid back feeling in the Indian culture. The cafe could probably do with some more healthy option menu options - as part of my deal here I was provided with a lunch every day and the sandwiches, whilst usually tasty, got very very boring after 7 weeks. Some salads/pasta options would be a good addition for people like myself that were made to eat here due to the limitations near the office I was working from.

The room service guys were excellent, again always making sure everything was fine. I don't recall their names but they were all very nice.

Chilling around at the quiet pool reading a book at weekends was just bliss, with the guys providing a pool bar, snack etc. The loungers were awesome, especially the double sized ones! It's very peaceful at this pool so it adds to the tranquility of it all whilst listening to the noise of birds of prey and other surrounding wildlife. The larger pool outside Renaissance is much nicer on the eye but it's usually pretty busy so not as good for relaxing, but still very good.

All in all, it was a great experience and I would have no problem recommending this place to anybody visiting Mumbai.

Room Tip: Choose your appartment on 4th floor or above as per my comments and watch out for being next to a la...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Mitesh N, Manager at Lakeside Chalet, Mumbai - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Greetings!!

Thanks for sharing your views with Trip advisor community. Our attempt is to provide our valued guests with personalized service that meets high standards of hospitality. Your words of appreciation regarding our service in the hotel shall go a long way to motivate the team to continue to deliver a high level of service to our valued guests.

The renovation of the rooms is in the last stage and hopefully we will have all our rooms renovated soon making your stay more memorable.

While I regretting on behalf of all at Marriott Executive Apartment, Mumbai for the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident.

We look forward to welcome you again during your next visit to Mumbai, and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a very nice hotel -- all the amenities you expect of a luxury hotel you will find it over here. The staff is very good & helpful-rajendra, siddhesh, Chandrashekhar & sagar pawar. Rooms were very nice - however, I was told that they can vary quite a bit by floor as they go through renovation. Excellent breakfast service. Fitness center was particularly good as you can get the benefit of a personal trainer at no cost (excluding tip).

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your memorable experience with the TripAdvisor community.

I am glad you explored the hotel and delighted to note that you had a comfortable stay with us.

It is truly rewarding to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.