Lakeside Chalet, Mumbai - Marriott Executive Apartments
Ranked #1 of 615 Specialty Lodging in Mumbai
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I recently stayed here for a 7 week period whilst on business in Mumbai. To start I will speak about the place itself. On my first 2 weeks I was given one of the appartments on the 2nd floor which have still to be refurbished, it was nice, spacious, really comfy bed etc - the place was comfortable but maybe a little bit on the scruffy side and a little bit of a damp pong in one of the corners of the living room area. This together with the constant banging (which happened to be because I was next to the Laundry room) led me to complain and ask to be moved. My understanding is that 1st-3rd floor appartments are still in need of refurbishment - although even when this is done I'd advise you steer clear or anywhere close to the laundry rooms - it's very very noisy from about 6am.

So I was moved to the 5th floor to a lovely modernised appartment. It was spotlessly clean, and cleaned every day. The bed here, unlike on the 2nd floor, was actually a bit bumpy and gave me a sore back for the first couple of days but I got used to it and generally found it comfortable enough. The shower was a huge walk in space and despite taking a little while to heat up, i found it to be excellent. Main criticism of the appartment of which I spent 5 weeks in, was that when I came home from work the toilet lid would be up and I found there was a funny sewerage type smell (like strong turnip!!) - but it did usually disappeared when I put the lid down and I guess this is pretty standard for somewhere that uses recycled water in flushes.

Onto some of the good stuff. Firstly, the Staff including ALL of the waiters, waitresses, chefs and grounds people are without a doubt the most friendly, polite, sincere, eager to please people I have ever met in any hotel complex. They will go out of their way to satisfy your needs and virtually nothing is too big an ask for them. In particular, in the Lakeside, guys such as Atil, Pratik and Nandan were first class and since I was over there on my own, I found it very endearing to have these guys provide such a professional and friendly service. Simple things such as having my cup of black tea made and on my table for me in the morning as soon as they seen me coming out the elevator. They also did very well to remember my room number, my name etc despite the massive amount of residents while I was there.

The food throughout the complex (including the Renaissance restaurants) was of a superb standard. I thoroughly enjoyed the Italian food from Fratelli, the Chinese was outstanding from Emperors Court and the Nawab Saheb Indian was excellent. Crimson, which was part of the Lakeside Appartments itself was also lovely and pretty varied menu.

The prices, particularly of alcohol and of laundry, are on the very expensive side but his can be expected in such a lovely complex which is isolated magnificently from the hustle and bustle of the Powai streets. There's electric fencing right around the huge area and the beautiful picturesque Powai Lake is a truely remarkable view, especially on a sunny day.

The Renaissance is such a lovely building, stunning interior, and this is reflected in the amount of conventions, weddings etc held within. There's always something being hosted here, and rightly so because it clearly is excellent in catering large events. Again all staff here are very professional and the guys in the Bombay Express Cafe do a good job, although it can be quite a slow service waiting for a simple sandwich. This is probably more down to the laid back feeling in the Indian culture. The cafe could probably do with some more healthy option menu options - as part of my deal here I was provided with a lunch every day and the sandwiches, whilst usually tasty, got very very boring after 7 weeks. Some salads/pasta options would be a good addition for people like myself that were made to eat here due to the limitations near the office I was working from.

The room service guys were excellent, again always making sure everything was fine. I don't recall their names but they were all very nice.

Chilling around at the quiet pool reading a book at weekends was just bliss, with the guys providing a pool bar, snack etc. The loungers were awesome, especially the double sized ones! It's very peaceful at this pool so it adds to the tranquility of it all whilst listening to the noise of birds of prey and other surrounding wildlife. The larger pool outside Renaissance is much nicer on the eye but it's usually pretty busy so not as good for relaxing, but still very good.

All in all, it was a great experience and I would have no problem recommending this place to anybody visiting Mumbai.

Room Tip: Choose your appartment on 4th floor or above as per my comments and watch out for being next to a la...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Mitesh N, Manager at Lakeside Chalet, Mumbai - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Greetings!!

Thanks for sharing your views with Trip advisor community. Our attempt is to provide our valued guests with personalized service that meets high standards of hospitality. Your words of appreciation regarding our service in the hotel shall go a long way to motivate the team to continue to deliver a high level of service to our valued guests.

The renovation of the rooms is in the last stage and hopefully we will have all our rooms renovated soon making your stay more memorable.

While I regretting on behalf of all at Marriott Executive Apartment, Mumbai for the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident.

We look forward to welcome you again during your next visit to Mumbai, and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a very nice hotel -- all the amenities you expect of a luxury hotel you will find it over here. The staff is very good & helpful-rajendra, siddhesh, Chandrashekhar & sagar pawar. Rooms were very nice - however, I was told that they can vary quite a bit by floor as they go through renovation. Excellent breakfast service. Fitness center was particularly good as you can get the benefit of a personal trainer at no cost (excluding tip).

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your memorable experience with the TripAdvisor community.

I am glad you explored the hotel and delighted to note that you had a comfortable stay with us.

It is truly rewarding to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

We look forward to your continued support, and continue to delight you during your stay with us.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have been staying in Lakeside Chalet, Mumbai for three weeks now. Will be here until next April.
I cannot thank enough for the front desk staffs Chandrashekhar,who always there for me to help me and Aren ,Rishikesh and of course Mitesh who give us very warm welcome here in the apartment.
I can not say thank enough to House-keeping Brijesh and Shalika who always come and ask us what do we need and would do their best to accommodate us.
The waiters in the Crimson Cafe, Anand, Sameer, Nandan, Atul and Pratik are the best to make me feel comfy and not to mention the two friendly chefs Pancham and Rohit who make me want to eat more. They can make whatever you like to eat and with a big smile :).Pancham also helps me take grocery order and gives me advice what and how to order. Big hug for the two chefs!
It is really fortunate to have a team like this here to make me feel home away from home in Mumbai. I will not want to stay in any other place for now.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JohnYPSun

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings!!!

Many thanks for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We believe in creating memorable experiences for all who visit us and in providing authentic hospitality to all.

We are glad that you liked the services / room at Marriott Executive Apartments.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed here from June 13 to August 13 and found the apartments to be like a home from home. We were able to use the Hotel facilities which were in the same ground and all the staff made you feel very welcome. The apartments were very comfortable, clean and spacious and you had everything you needed. I stayed during the monsoon season, which at times would get me down with the constant raining. However the staff were so warm and caring that they brightened up my days. Especially Nandan and Pratik, who cheered me up most mornings by having a smile on their faces and my breakfast was brought to me without asking. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff at the Marriott and I can never thank them all enough for making my 3 month stay and enjoyable one. The apartments, hotel and grounds are all very clean and as a whole, this is an amazing place to stay. I have have to say that the staff including the security guards and their dogs (which are well looked after may I add) are very hard workers, polite, professional and very welcoming, are a credit to the Renaissance and the Lakeside apartments. I would definitely go back to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kez-Preston

Greetings!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Marriott Executive Apartments, Mumbai. It is only with support and patronage from guest like yourself that encourage us to create memorable experiences for all our guest.

At Marriott Executive Apartments, Mumbai it is our constant endeavor to maintain high standards of service and efficiency.

We look forward to your continued support, and welcoming you back on your next visit to Mumbai.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We have been staying here for the last 3 months. The rooms are very nicely decorated & comfortable. So far we have superb experience. The staffs are very hospitable & friendly. Specially Atul, Nandan, Pratik. And for the food, I must mention the service of Panchan, Rohit, Vinay, Manoj, Swapnil. there is a small kids room where my 3 years spends amazing time. I just love this place because of it's homely atmosphere. The location is fantastic. It has both the natural beauty & modern look. I think it is an excellent choice & I would surely recommend this place to my friends & families

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jaimy09

Greetings!!

Thank you for staying at Marriott Executive apartment, Powai. and for sparing your valuable time, to post your review of us on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to receive your inspiring feedback and to note that you are enjoying the service and the overall facilities.

Your appreciation of our team members is very fulfilling, Such feedback inspires the team to continue striving harder towards excellence.

We look forward to your continued support, and continue to delight you in your stay.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to india
From the moment the taxi drove in the driveway I felt a great atmosphere surrounding lakeside chalet Marriott.

I have stayed here for five weeks an I must say the staff an members is so warm kind an very caring always ready to assist you.
I will like to say special thanks to the housekeeping department those guys were very great always making sure we had enough supplies like water clean towels watever our needs were .
I will also like to say a very special thanks to nandan who took the time every morning to make my breakfast a special one thank u .so if you are looking for a great hotel to stay in Mumbai this is definitely the place to be, where u will not only find great service but also a new family.
Special thanks to deepak for making my stay a memorable one that I will always cherished.

Tara.
New york.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Mitesh N, Manager at Lakeside Chalet, Mumbai - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings!!!

Thank you for staying at Marriott Executive Apartment and posting this wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.

Feedback like these motivate us to provide the best of services to our esteemed clients. The entire team is thrilled by this feedback posted by you.

Looking forward to welcome you at Marriott Executive Apartment

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have been staying here for about a month, and expect to be here a few more weeks before we move to an apartment in the area. Coming from the U.S., staying here has been a nice way to transition into living in Mumbai. The accommodations are comfortable-we are in a two bedroom apartment with a living room, kitchen, and 2 bathrooms. The whole facility is clean and well cared for. The grounds include pools, a tennis court, and gym (located within walking distance at the Renaissance), with yoga classes (thanks Bhavana) and personal training available (thanks Pravin). The staff at the Marriott are responsive and go above and beyond to meet your requests and needs. In particular, the restaurant staff at Crimson have been wonderful-special thanks to Atul, Salvi, Sagar, Nandan, and Jayesh who always greet you with a smile and make you feel comfortable and at home. And to Deepak, for his helpful assistance and enjoyable conversation. If you plan to be in the Mumbai area for an extended period, certainly consider this Marriott Lakeside Chalet for your accommodations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank atsrinivasan

DearGuest,

Greetings!!

I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities, and we like to thank you for recommending us through this portal.

We thrive to create an environment of Home away from Home for our guest, and celebrating festivals is one of the most important aspect of our efforts apart from other activities organised at regular intervals.

Your positive feedback has been shared with the team and we are ecstatic to learn that we were able to make your stay a satisfying experience.