“Great place to come back to after a tiring day at work”

Lakeside Chalet, Mumbai - Marriott Executive Apartments
Ranked #1 of 621 Specialty Lodging in Mumbai
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have stayed in MEA for about 3 months. The best thing about the place is the staff who give you a warm welcome each time you meet them. I always got whatever I asked for all the time. Next best thing is the view. I have stayed in a room with a view of the beautiful Powai lake and the skyline of Hiranandani on the other side. It is the right place to come back to after a tiring day. The facilities are good enough for a comfortable stay. Make sure not to miss out on the food festivals every Wednesday night and various other fun activities on Sundays for children if you happen to stay with your little kids.
Special thanks to the management Mitesh, Rajendra, Kunal, Deepak, Rishi, Aniket, MonaLisa for a splendid stay. Also, thanks to Chef Somendra and Crimson staff Nandan, Uttam, Sameer and Pratik for all the good breakfast times. I had fun staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Mitesh N, Manager at Lakeside Chalet, Mumbai - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Greetings!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Marriott Executive Apartments, Mumbai. It is only with support and patronage from guest like yourself that encourage us to create memorable experiences for all our guest.

At Marriott Executive Apartments, Mumbai it is our constant endeavor to maintain high standards of service and efficiency.

We look forward to your continued support, and welcoming you back on your next visit to Mumbai.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I are long term residents at the Lakeside Chalet Service Apartments. Our stay here is perfectly comfortable and pleasant as we don't have to deal with any of the pitfalls of running a household in Mumbai but at the same time we have come to feel very much at home here A huge reason for this is the excellent staff here. They have a very professional, courteous , aim-to-please attitude. I can say that about all the staff - the housekeeping boys, the front desk and particularly the crimson guys led by Deepak. I can't name all of them as I might forget some names . When I go down for breakfast, they know what I want and it's on the table before I know it. Nandan stands out as he has been there from day one.

The place really tries to cater to the needs of the long term residents. The staff enthusiastically organizes all kinds of activities like pool volleyball tournaments, carom board tournaments , festival celebrations, family dinners, children's games etc.

I can highly recommend the newly refurbished rooms facing Lake Powai and the Hirandani gardens. It's the best view in town. The other amenities available that we enjoy the most are - the well equipped Gym, daily yoga, 2 outdoor pools, spa, salon, and excellent restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Mitesh N, Manager at Lakeside Chalet, Mumbai - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Greetings!!

Thank you for staying at Marriott Executive apartment, Powai. and for sparing your valuable time, to post your review of us on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to receive your inspiring feedback and to note that you are enjoying the service and the overall facilities.

Your appreciation of our team members is very fulfilling, Such feedback inspires the team to continue striving harder towards excellence.

We look forward to your continued support, and continue to delight you in your stay.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed in marriott executive apartment during a business trip to mumbai for about 2 months. After being on road for little over 2 years now, traveling 100% of our time in different parts of the world we were expecting our apartment stay to be a brief respite. Well, it turned out to be much more than that. After staying in several marriott hotels and resorts around the world my expectations were definitely high. This is probably best place to experience Indian hospitality, miles ahead of any marriott properties I have stayed in. Apart from a lovely renaissance hotel campus and finely modeled apartments, what gives this place a unique identity is the staff. They will go beyond their job definition to help you and make your stay memorable. An inspired team lead my Mitesh Narula and others will make sure that you won;t leave this hotel without memories to cherish. Powerhouse servers, worth mentioning- Nandan, Sameer, Pratik, Uttam, sagar (*2) and several others, Chef Soumendra, supporting managers- rajendra & deepak, and many others whose names I will mention in my future feedback (i will definitely come back here!), made our each day, from breakfast to evening tea, enjoyable and pampering.
I would definitely recommend this MEA above any other hotel in Mumbai if you want to experience luxury with personalized hospitality.

Room Tip: ask for rooms on higher floors (i think 4 and beyond) which are newly modeled
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Gupta,

Greetings!!

I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities, and we like to thank you for recommending us through this portal.

We thrive to create an environment of Home away from Home for our guest, and celebrating festivals is one of the most important aspect of our efforts apart from other activities organised at regular intervals.

Your positive feedback has been shared with the team and we are ecstatic to learn that we were able to make your stay a satisfying experience.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our stay at Marriott apartments has been a once in life time experience. Nice apartments with a variety of features included have made our stay very pleasant. Crimson restaurant and its staff especially Nandan, Sameer, Uttam, Ranjeet, etc are very friendly and always welcome with a smile and are ever ready to accomodate our requests. A special mention to the management which includes Deepak, Mitesh, Rajendra who are cordial and friendly. All the persons mentioned above are truly as asset to Marriott.

Greetings!!

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Marriott Executive Apartments, Mumbai. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

It is a delight to read such encouraging comments for the hotel and the team who are equally pleased with your feedback and join me in thanking you.

Our attempt is to provide our valued guests with personalized service that meets high standards of hospitality. Your words of appreciation regarding our service in the hotel shall go a long way to motivate the team to continue to deliver a high level of service to our valued guests.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your return visit to Mumbai.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Lakeside Chalet Service Apartments have been our home away from home for a year and a half now. Yes, this place has all the amenities one would expect from a five star hotel in Mumbai, India. But this property offers something that I did not find in any other such facility in this city and the one I appreciate a lot - the setting, away from the hustle and bustle of the city and a great park like walking track. Believe me, in this city, this is true luxury.
But the thing that truly makes this place so unique and considerably contributes to the quality of my life here is the OUTSTANDING courteous staff. I have found the new manager, Mitesh to be very personable and responsive. Deepak, who manages Crimson, the restaurant here has consistently gone above and beyond to help in any way and to make our stay here comfortable and pleasant. He has the unique ability to assess your needs through friendly unobtrusive chit chat at breakfast and then insistently follows through. I think he really sets the tone for all the other staff here too.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Mitesh N, Manager at Lakeside Chalet, Mumbai - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Mrs. Sood,

Greetings!!

I am pleased to know that you are happy with our services and facilities, and we like to thank you for recommending us through this portal.

Our location is one of our USP's as it gives a quite and serene environment in the hustle and bustle of Mumbai, and is yet close to the business hub of Powai.

It has just been the starting of the journey for me at the MEA, but it already feels like family, and It is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of service and a hassle free experience.

We look forward to your continued support,and continue to delight you in your stay.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Having stayed in mea more than two years, I am quite happy being here. Friendly and polite personnel. Quiet surroundings most of the time except for some few noisy festivals. And not forgetting weddings which are a must to see. The hotel is sometimes felt as being far from the city but the advantage then is as said above, a quiet place. And that together with a good feeling of securety makes this a place of preference. In the monsoon time some facilities like outside tables, chairs and parasolls are removed instead of having furniture which are not damaged by some water. This has been to some annoyance for many especially when the monsoon is draggig its feet and many days are without rain. When the monsoon is over, many of us will again enjoy our breakfast outside and also have our weekly wednesday special dinner, that being either thai, indian, bulgarian, german, italien or some country special. I recommend this place for all staying in Mumbai for a long time.

Room Tip: The "Lake view" rooms are the most quiet rooms and are also slightly larger than those on...

Greetings!!

Thank you for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community.

We are grateful that you have rated Marriott Executive apartments so highly. You have summed it all in few sentences. We try to offer world class 5 star standards particularly on creating a homely environment for an extended stay.

Last but not the least our associates are our major strength who are trained to be friendly yet give unobtrusive service.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The Lakeside Chalet in Powai, Mumbai has been my home away from home for a better part of two years and during that time I have had the opportunity to experience all facets of this establishment along with the facilities and service offered in the Renaissance Hotel which is also located on the property.

The property size and location was the initial appeal and well shielded from the noise of Mumbai traffic and street hawkers selling their wares. Once inside the grounds you could be anywhere in the world with a large expat population.

The staff at the Crimson restaurant need a special mention for demonstrating excellence in customer service that seems to stem from a genuine desire to delight the customer rather than specialist training. The game changers that can make your day at The Crimson are Nandan, Sameer, Ranjeet, Uttam and Rajendra whilst Chef Somendra has to be the sultan of service when it comes to the preparation of culinary delights fit for a king. He is extremely hands on and can often be seen chatting with customers to get their feedback for his next masterpiece. If you love coffee then get Chef Pancham to whip up filter coffee which will go down a treat.

If you visit Fratelli Fresh the Italian restaurant then Puneet Mathur is definitely the one to see if you want that special occasion to go as planned with Chef Abejeet being the man to look after you if you visit the Lake View Cafe.

I will write about the rest of the establishment another time so as to allow The new resident manager Mitesh time to transform the service apartments to its full service potential. He is very hands-on and as a long term guest, I am excited to see what improvements the fresh set of eyes brings.

Room Tip: Stay on the lake side as its quieter. If there is a wedding then all bets are off till 10pm
1  Thank max_blaquiere

Dear Max,

Greetings!!

Thanks for sharing your views with Trip advisor community. Our attempt is to provide our valued guests with personalized service that meets high standards of hospitality.

The review has been shared with the team and we are ecstatic to get such appreciation and this will motivate me and my entire team to work even more harder and chip in a that little bit extra to exceed our guest’s expectations.