“JW marriott loosing it's shine !” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu

JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu
Ranked #19 of 441 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Manhattan
“JW marriott loosing it's shine !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2006

I must say the JW has faded. I have been staying there on my trips to Mumbai since it opened in 2002.

It's popularity has finally got the better of it.

Recently, when I visited the hotel, I checked in at about 11pm after a crazy day at work..I was shocked to see the loose, tacky and inappropriately dressed crowd in the lobby..It was a saturday night, but this is a kind of crowd I'ev never seen in this hotel..

Not bothering too much, I went to my room and came to the bar for a drink. The bar was so busy that I had to actually fight for my drink and after a good 10 minutes managed one!

To my surprise a very low profile woman approached me and asked me to by her a drink! I was shocked as I never expected this kind of profile at the JW Marriott.

The music playing in the bar was loud and some local music from a hindi movie...I asked another person at the Bar, if he knew what was playing, he smirked and said, it's from the 'Dance bars' that was recently banned in the city...

I left the bar and went toward my room. I was soon stopped by the woman at the bar and she insisted I bought her a drink and suggested more...

Next morning, I checked out....I was supposed to stay the week.

Since then, I've never gone back to that hotel. I've stayed at Grand Hyatt and Taj Lands End. My fav now is the Taj Lands End in Bandra, as it's the only other option for a hotel which offers a Sea view ( a much better view than the JW !) Also, it's very close to the Bandra Promenade and shopping and local restaurants. Olive, another favourite restaurant of mine is 5 minutes from this hotel !

I always thought the Taj Lands End was far from my office, but never realized that it's the only hotel with such close proximity to the main highways which run through the city.

This is where I stay now and trust me, having stayed in hotels in Mumbai for 4 years now, this is the best and with it's balance of business and liesure crowd, excellent pool and very warm staff, has introduced me to the true Indian Hospitality !

• Liked — My loyalty points
  • Disliked — The hotel has lost it's Luxury appeal to cheap, low profile crowd
  • Tips/Secrets — Try the Taj Lands End or the Grand Hyatt instead.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank Adam1965

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
UK Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2006

Hotel was great. Food is exceptional and service is very good. Location is busy but then again where is not in Mumbai.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BridgesUKCambridge
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this review, December 6, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great product experience for all our guests.

It would be a pleasure to have you with us whenever next you plan your trip to Mumbai.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2006

Well....where do I start with JW Marriott...I stayed in JW Marriot for 7 days it was just amazing experience. I stayed in room 301 we had the view of the astonishing sea it was really breath taken view when me and sister saw it.

Each morning you will a box of fresh bottle water and fresh cookies they were just so tasty!! You just get so spoilt in this hotel… I have so much to say about this hotel but I will keep it short… I stayed in the executive suite so the internet was free that was great so I could check my mails any time I wanted and it was for free. Seriously if you have money you should stay in executive suite, the all experience much better!! You can get wonderful snacks thought out the day.

Now the breakfast experience well how can I start explaining bout the breakfast. You get all kinds of food; you are just spoilt for choice:
•Breads
•Fresh fruit juices
•Indian food
•Chinese
•English
•Cakes/Muffins/Belgium waffles
•Cereals
•Different kinds of ice cream
•Fruits
Much more food which I can’t think right now…

Thought out my stay I didn’t bad experience which is a great advantage for JW Marriot.

Well I like clubbing so I really enjoyed the bar Enigma! The music is quite good only on some days otherwise its jazz music you will have to ask the helpers when the music is good. The hotel never sleeps, trust me the crowd of the hotel is so posh and very decent. In the hotel there’s an excellent book shop which you can buy books and read them outside. Inside the book shop there’s a bakery shop which you can buy very tasty bakery.

If you like going to the gym you should remember your trainers and gym clothes because the gym is so good. All the ladies spa and etcc are quite good but i foun dthem expensive..The pool side has an amazing view of the beach it’s so lovely. I am having pictures I will attach so you can them…and also you can order any drinks anytime you want. The lobby of the hotel is so nice you can just chill there with your book or magazine.

Well I hope you will enjoy your stay. Let me know how your experience went and also I hope my review has helped you.

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank Shweta2013

Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2006

When we had read the reviews we were not sure whether we should book this hotel as they were so mixed, but we are so glad that we did. We had a fantastic experience at this hotel. We upgraded to the exec room which gave us access to the exec lounge - well worth it!!!
The staff there are so nice, if you ask for something before you blink twice it is done for you, nothing is too much trouble. We enjoyed eating at the chinese restaurant (spices) at the hotel and the breakfast and dinner buffet in the main restaurant area is lovely. There is lots to choose from and it caters for whatever your taste buds fancy!
I also made use of their beauty salon where i had a manicure & pedicure which was also v.nice & cheap compared to UK prices! The nightclub in the hotel (Enigma) was also fab, some of the locals are a bit pretentious but once you get over that and the London prices of the drinks, i am sure you will have a great time!
The only down side of the hotel is that it is expensive to stay there and also to buy anything i.e. drinks. Also, if you need to get a taxi to go around Mumbai then opposite the hotel there are lots of taxis (just remember to haggle), the ones the hotel provide are a bit more expensive.
As this was our first visit to India it was a lovely place to stay I am just worried that when we go back to Mumbai we won't want to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank discobk

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2006

We stayed for the cricket Indai V England 3rd test and what can we say, the hotel was amazing. Clean, safe, secure (sometimes the doormen could be over zealous with their checking that you're a guest, but better than not caring who is walking around the hotel),the food was outstanding in every restaurant (check out the breakfast juice bar), the pool is gorgeous and the beach is exciting to view just to see who is walking along it, it's the busiest beach I've ever seen, you wouldn't sunbathe on there but exactly who goes to Mumbai for the beaches anyway????
Shopping is fabulous and we were lucky enough to be taken care of by a fabulous and well priced (air conditioned) taxi driver Santosh, who took care of us, made sure we weren't ripped off in the shops and markets and took up to the cricket and back every day (3 hour round trip minimum), he took us sightseeing and also back and to from the airport, we were really lucky to find him, so just in case his mobile number is ---- mention Dawn & Lesley cricket fans!! He is a total gem in a sea of dangerous looking motorised rickshaws and old style taxi cabs!! Lastly the spa at JW Marriott is the best I have ever seen in a city hotel and the hairdressers and beauty salon is also top notch!
There is a lot of poverty and riches on display side by side, but you must go and make your own mind up about the Indian culture and their way of life.

• Stayed March 2006