“A cut off from the bustle of Mumbai”

JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu
Ranked #16 of 452 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed May 2, 2006

When we had read the reviews we were not sure whether we should book this hotel as they were so mixed, but we are so glad that we did. We had a fantastic experience at this hotel. We upgraded to the exec room which gave us access to the exec lounge - well worth it!!!
The staff there are so nice, if you ask for something before you blink twice it is done for you, nothing is too much trouble. We enjoyed eating at the chinese restaurant (spices) at the hotel and the breakfast and dinner buffet in the main restaurant area is lovely. There is lots to choose from and it caters for whatever your taste buds fancy!
I also made use of their beauty salon where i had a manicure & pedicure which was also v.nice & cheap compared to UK prices! The nightclub in the hotel (Enigma) was also fab, some of the locals are a bit pretentious but once you get over that and the London prices of the drinks, i am sure you will have a great time!
The only down side of the hotel is that it is expensive to stay there and also to buy anything i.e. drinks. Also, if you need to get a taxi to go around Mumbai then opposite the hotel there are lots of taxis (just remember to haggle), the ones the hotel provide are a bit more expensive.
As this was our first visit to India it was a lovely place to stay I am just worried that when we go back to Mumbai we won't want to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank discobk
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great product experience for all our guests.

It would be a pleasure to have you with us whenever next you plan your trip to Mumbai.

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu

Reviewed March 31, 2006

• Stayed: March 2006
6  Thank simon r
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 26, 2006

We stayed for the cricket Indai V England 3rd test and what can we say, the hotel was amazing. Clean, safe, secure (sometimes the doormen could be over zealous with their checking that you're a guest, but better than not caring who is walking around the hotel),the food was outstanding in every restaurant (check out the breakfast juice bar), the pool is gorgeous and the beach is exciting to view just to see who is walking along it, it's the busiest beach I've ever seen, you wouldn't sunbathe on there but exactly who goes to Mumbai for the beaches anyway????
Shopping is fabulous and we were lucky enough to be taken care of by a fabulous and well priced (air conditioned) taxi driver Santosh, who took care of us, made sure we weren't ripped off in the shops and markets and took up to the cricket and back every day (3 hour round trip minimum), he took us sightseeing and also back and to from the airport, we were really lucky to find him, so just in case his mobile number is ---- mention Dawn & Lesley cricket fans!! He is a total gem in a sea of dangerous looking motorised rickshaws and old style taxi cabs!! Lastly the spa at JW Marriott is the best I have ever seen in a city hotel and the hairdressers and beauty salon is also top notch!
There is a lot of poverty and riches on display side by side, but you must go and make your own mind up about the Indian culture and their way of life.

• Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed March 21, 2006

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
8  Thank RMatthews

Reviewed March 16, 2006

I stayed here during January for 4 days and wasn't very impressed. The service is not up to scratch for a 5 star hotel and the rooms are so cramped with furniture and small.

Everyone had raved so much about this hotel that I decided to stay here - having stayed at ITC Sonar Bangla in Kolkata just before we travelled to mumbai this was a disappointment- the service and rooms do not compare.

The pool and lobby etc is very nice but I don't think I will stay here again because it wasnt good value for the money you pay.

The food is okay - there is alot of variety at the buffets but it isn't the best I've had at hotels.

• Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank Happy5
Reviewed March 10, 2006

Great hotel, good nightclub, celebs all over the place! Would recommend the breakfast- bit expensive at 1100 rupees but well worth it! Rooms are on the small side, but the luxury of it all compensates it. Staff are friendly. The pool is the best place to watch sunset.....

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank UKM

Reviewed February 11, 2006

I stayed at the JW many years ago however after seeing a few negative reviews I had to post my comments.

I spent 12 weeks working in Mumbai, the first 6 weeks I stayed in the Taj Mahal Hotel (to the person who says the next time he will stay in the Taj.. I have to disagree. I did not have a good experience of the Taj) and the second 6 weeks were spent in the JW Marriott hotel. I can honestly say that this is the best hotel that I have ever experienced in the world (and I have seen a few through work and my own travels).

You are met with the most grand entrance to the hotel and on entering reception, you can see right out to the pool and the horizon. Make sure you are here for sunset - it is an awesome sight!!!

I stayed in both the standard and deluxe rooms at the JW and would be happy to stay in either again. The standard room had two double beds and a fabulous view over the pool. The bathroom was an excellent size the standard of cleanliness throughout was fab. My deluxe room was larger than the standard room with a larger bathroom. The bathroom had shutters which opened into the bedroom. Again, it was a fab room.

The standard of cleanliness throughout the hotel was amazing - I have never before seen men in the swimming pool cleaning every inch of the pool, including the decorative rocks.

On the subject of the pool, again another amazing part of the hotel. It is an infinity pool so you feel that you are swimming out to the sunset!!!

There are many restaurants in the hotel and I never once had a bad meal in any... the Italian, the Thai, the lotus cafe, saffron, the deli.... all excellent. Like most hotels the food prices are inflated for Mumbai and there are many amazing restaurants and cafes in Mumbai. I would recommend Goa Portuguesa, Olives and Leopolds.

One area of the hotel that was wasted on my was Enigma - the nightclub. Apparently many Bollywoood celebs frequent Enigma, unfortunately I didn't know who they were : )

All in all, it's an amazing hotel in an amazing country - I hope one day to return.

• Stayed: January 2003, traveled on business