“Great Stay !!!!!!”

JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu
Ranked #15 of 461 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed August 22, 2014

JW Marriot is one of most awesome place to stay for business and leisure travel and the sole reason for the same is that every time I visit the hotel the service standards keep getting better and better. A hotel with good facilities and location but the differentiator for this place is the team who runs it as they know how to connect,understand and meet the expectations of every guest. I am really impressed specially with continuous efficient and courteous approach of front desk manager Fenny Mathew and his team who as always insures that from the start till the end of stay is worth remembering.Another name which cannot be missed in my overall experience is Mandar Executive Sous Chef and the reason is his personal touch and involvement in everything that's gets servered in the hotel.....
Congratulation team .......looking forward to visit the hotel soon...

1  Thank VinayKhosla
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed yourselves so much.

We have a big name to live up to and it is a responsibility we take seriously. It means a lot to hear from our guests that you feel we are successful.

I have personally complimented Mandar and Fenny on the great services offered by them. They are definitely an asset to our company.

I hope we can welcome you all again soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

2nd time staying in JW Marriott Mumbai, location and room are ok.

However, as a 5 star hotel, services need to improve, e.g.
- 1st day provided with 4 hand towel, 4 face towel, and 3 floor mat. From 2nd day onwards, every time after housekeeping, the number always different, worst, one day no floor mat at all, no SOP on this, BAD.
- at the restaurant, many time need to ask twice before been served, first time request alway forgotten. It happened at executive lounge also.
- Always need to remind that as a stay in guest, there is a discount for dining at the restaurant.

1  Thank STS_1234

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I apologies for the various service issues that you faced during your stay with us. I have taken this up with the relevant department head and we will definitely take it up as a training point to ensure better services.

Please give us another opportunity to serve you. We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Location of this hotel is far inside a crowded area, hence making it difficult to commute.
Hotel is great with a great night life venues.
I nearly missed or got late for every meeting due to heavy traffic.. See google maps.
I love the restaurants there.
Service is awesome !!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Siddkulish

Deatr Guest,

Thank you very much for the review. The hotel is located in a a tourist spot hence attracts a lot of footfalls in the vicinty.

I have noticed that you enjoyed the F&B offerings at our hotel. I hope when you next come to our hotel you on a leisure trip and get to enjoy our wonderful pool and spa.

Look forward to welcome you to the hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at JW, my first stay being in July. The stay was excellent, the hotel staff goes extra mile to make their guest comfortable, I was given an upgrade to a suite with great ocean view, Saif at front desk was very courteous, the staff at executive lounge were great Nikita, Amrita and Aamir to name a few. Overall a wonderful stay looking forward to visit the hotel again soon.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mayank P

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your review of your recent stay. It means a great deal to us when our guests, and most particularly our regular guests, let us know that they enjoy visiting our hotel.

I have personally complimented Saif, Nikita, Amrita and Aamir on the great service offered by them.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I recently stayed here 2 nights. As a Platinum member I was upgraded to a Grand Ocean view suite which is very nice with sweeping views of the beach and sea. The executive lounge is probably the best part about this hotel. Service and food were excellent.

The Lotus cafe, or main restaurant, was good but not great. Prices seemed a bit high compared to the rest of India.

Pool was great especially during monsoon. The main pool is quite large and there is a separate kids pools and another large adult pool on the side.

Direct beach access is nice even though the beach is not that great.

Room Tip: 5th floor is top. Try to get a room at the ends of the halls for best views of the sea.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that you can find those extra few days to return. We will ensure that we have a more wider spread at the Lotus Cafe.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Pros:
Location
possibility to spot the hot shots of bollywood.
proximity to the airport and the beach.
good service, polite staff.
excellent view from the rooms!
Cons:
food quality could have been much better for a place like this.
Not a Quiet place. Always some party or another happening.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourself.

We have noted your suggestions regarding the food and we will definitely work on the same..

Look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed here for three nights on business and although the website makes the place look fabulous, the reality is that it's not.

Room (on the Exec 4th floor) was small, albeit that it was clean and tidy. The so-called 'sea-view' was a fairly small window out onto a limited view of the beach/sea. There is an Exec lounge at which (depending on the time), one can get breakfast, light lunch or drinks. Service here is good, but this is the first time I have asked for a pot of tea and have been given (literally) a tea pot with a tea bag, water and milk already in it ! Watch out for the OJ here too…..the sealed bottle I had was totally off and clearly hadn't been stored properly - smell before you drink. (I didn't and I paid the price).

The restaurants here are pretty good - both Saffron (Indian) and Spice (Thai) are great in their own way, but avoid the Spanish one like the plague. The prices here are ridiculous and the decor is like an '80s Soho strip bar, but with poor lighting. In fact, for all in-house restaurants expect to pay London prices - around £ 40/head…..yep…….higher than you thought, huh ?

A vast lobby with highly polished marble and lots of staff milling around is NOT what a hotel choice should be about. Think twice before you book this place and maybe stay at one of the other properties in the Juhu area, or closer to the airport. Note that the 6Km drive from the airport to the hotel can take an hour……

Overall, disappointing and not somewhere I could recommend.

1  Thank JAR1965
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I apologies if you felt that the services at the Executive Lounge was not upto the mark. I have taken this up with the relevant department head and we will definitely take it up as a training point to ensure better services. I am glad that you enjoyed the food at Saffron and Spices.