“Generally good”

JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu
Ranked #16 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Pretty good hotel

Spacious

Excellently appointed room

Wonderful service

Thought the pool area was grubby to be honest

Good restaurants generally. Ironically found Saffron, their Indian restaurant, to be the weakest, the Spice Thai and Mezzo Mezzo Italian were better

Availed myself of the Executive lounge which was great. I was sold it on check in as a one off fee for 3500 INR which covered drinks and food etc. This was great.

What was not so great was when I checked out they then told me it was 3500 rupees per day which didn't represent value to me I insisted I only paid the original amount.

They caught another colleague out like this - be warned

For this reason I rated the hotel as average only

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Warm Greetings,

We take all guest feedback seriously, and have shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams to assure you of a better experience the next time.

I apologies if you were not explained at check-in that the upgrade charges are per night charges. It was a learning point for my team, which I have taken us with the Department Head to ensure charges and other benefits are explained to the guests.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The Marriott in Mumbai is like many other Marriott's: huge! this one is different in the fact that on the lower lobby floor it has an incredible buffet of great local food..so Curry 3 times a day isn't always necessary...But curry is available in the morning should you desire!
Good sized rooms with good facilities, clean & fresh laundry, well sound proofed too, so the nearby elevators & family party down the hall didn't disturb my stay one bit.
The Hotel for me is located a bit far North in Mumbai..I like the more southern tip..but it's a good central location to see as much as possible..30/45 from the airport & Chor Bazaar.

Warm Greetings.

It was great to read the positive comments about the hotel, my team and the services offered by them. It made me feel proud to be part of the JW Marriott Mumbai.

Our constant endeavor is to innovate ourselves and offer something new to our guest. My team is constantly making the effort to “Exceed Expectations”.

We look forward to welcome you back at our hotel.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Let's start with the Good.

THE GOOD: The bed was super comfortable, and the Executive Lounge was great. It appears the rooms have been renovated. Our rooms (yes, rooms) had sea views. Front desk staff was generally nice. Spices Restaurant was great. The bakery near the lobby is nice.

Now, to the Bad and Ugly...
THE BAD: The hotel is showing signs of age, particularly the pool area. The hotel management needs to mitigate the numerous birds that congregate around the pool area, as it is not appealing to see birds bathing in the pool. We did not like the Lotus Cafe because it is too big and loud, and service was not that good. Due to issues (mentioned below), we had to repeat our concerns and inform the front desk staff of concessions that we were provided so that we would not be billed for them. I grew weary of repeating my concerns with my rooms, so it seems that the hotel could have notated my concerns in order to provide better customer service.

THE UGLY: The main issue we had was that there were roaches in our initial room, which was on the 2nd floor. We should have known there was an issue when we saw an exterminator walking around the 2nd floor. Front desk staff wanted to send someone to spray the room, but that was not acceptable, as I do not wish to pay to stay in a room where I've seen roaches. The Front desk manager came to investigate this issue and promptly moved us to another room. This second room was a lot smaller than the initial room, so we requested to move to a comparably-sized room. Later that day, we were upgraded to an oceanfront suite. However, there were bugs in this room as well (2nd floor), so we asked to be moved back to the smaller room. In the end, we stayed in the smaller room and were given concessions by the hotel management. If it weren't for the attention of the Front desk manager, I would have given this hotel 1 star because it is not up to par. I have stayed in other JW Marriotts without any issues.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am very sorry that you had such a disappointing experience during your recent stay.

We have taken stringent measures against our service provider to ensure the pest issues are eliminated at the hotel.

At the JW Marriott we want our guests to go back with wonderful memories. Please give us a chance once again to change your opinion about your hotel and the services offered by us,

Look forward to welcome you to our hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed November 28, 2013

The Right Place to Stay @ Mumbai.If you are at Mumbai Please stay @ JW MARRIOT.We stayed at Room no 344 it has Very good sea facing Room with good facilities.Especially their service was very good With Food & Bevarages.We also want to mark Some Star Workers.

1. Grishma Hostess @ Executive Lounge.

2. Riane Front Office Manager.

3. Akansha Hostess @ Executive Lounge.

These above staffs are Star Rated in the Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

We do appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

Thank you for your positive comments. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great product experience for all our guests. I have personally complimented Grishma, Riane and Akansha for the services provided by them to you and your family.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed staying at J W M in Juhu Mumbai. Lounges, very good, although the coffee shop - bakery could be more efficient in taking orders.
Breakfast amazing with every cuisine conceivable, fresh juices and hot stations. Waiter staff very attentive but a bit frustrating when wanting u to fill a feedback form everyday (with their aim to please policy. Nice touch live sitar music played in morning.
Deluxe rooms very nice, modern though on the small side. Bathroom sections off/partitions, giving a fuller or less space a/c to privacy. Sea view was good.
The spa and outdoor pools very good too.
All the facilities good. I would stay here again. Bollywood stars can be spotted here too!

• Stayed: November 2013

Warm Greetings.

We look forward to welcome you back at our hotel.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Having patronised Marriott hotels for many years, one expects a certain level of hospitality that this brand is known for across the world. The JW Marriott in Mumbai tends to be inconsistent in the level of service and food quality. But what strikes me about the Mumbai location is their willingness to immediately take corrective action in response to feedback given. Staff generally are friendly and courteous- however one hopes that we don't always have to call the Executive chef about the food or the Guest Relations rep about other services- perhaps the training of staff needs to be more frequent and focused.

1  Thank Cecy K

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a good experience while here at JW Marriott Mumbai.

I have noted your comment regarding services in various part of our hotel being inconsistent. I have taken this up with my team as a learning point and assure you that this will be taken up by all department heads in their areas.

We would love to host you once again at our hotel.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My first stay at JWM in Mumbai. I had stayed at almost all Luxury Five star (Genuine Luxury ) hotels in Mumbai. I went through Tripadvisor Ratings before booking. I had high expectations as this being JWM. But as I checked in, things were different (you have to pay for everything here and forget any freebies). The Deluxe Rooms are so small and cramped that you feel as you have been packed in a box without Air. They provide Square shape pillows to sleep. It is very depressing to stay in such a room. I ordered for in-room dining. The staff was not aware of the contents and food was not upto mark. I had stayed in other JWM properties and I didn't find stay in this hotel as expected from JWM.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Deluxe Rooms as they are very small and cramped.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We take all guest feedback seriously, and have shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams to assure you of a better experience the next time in all areas of the hotel.

Please give us another chance to change your impression of the hotel. I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.