“Nice location but very tiny rooms at premium price”

JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu
Ranked #16 of 463 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed with my wife for 2night...hotel has advantage of Juhu ONLY.

Rooms are very tinny, not good if you are travelling with Family/kids..

another drawback is traffic...hotel road is normally stuck on peek time...

Room Tip: not good room, better stay other hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cadelhi77
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great product experience for all our guests.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Pavithran Nambiar

Write a ReviewReviews (2,442)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is clearly a 5 star hotel. The facilities and service left nothing to be desired. Every time we saw a staff member, including all levels of management (include the hotel General Manager), their first question was "Is there anything I can do for you?" And on those rare occasions when we answered in the affirmative, they proceeded to do that immediately.

The food serviced was excellent in all of the several dining facilities we tried in our four days there.

The Executive Lounge is undergoing renovation but they provided more than comparable service using other existing facilities within the hotel.

The location is such that it backs up to Juno Beach, which is great for both swimming and non-water beach activities. The hotel is located closer to the airports than the historic locations (like the India Gate). There is a Mumbai metro line about a 10 minute "tut-tut" ride away if you are so inclined. Otherwise there are always taxis available. Also the hotel can provide a car and driver for just about any purpose.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bd2016db
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Warm Greetings.

It was great to read the positive comments about the hotel, my team and the services offered by them. It made me feel proud to be part of the JW Marriott Mumbai.

Our constant endeavor is to innovate ourselves and offer something new to our guest. My team is constantly making the effort to “Exceed Expectations”.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was my 5th visit to Marriott in as many years. I have found this hotel meeting all the expectations that you may have from a 5* property.

Presently (as of Feb end 2013) the hotel is undergoing a major renovation but this does not have any impact on the stay.

I did not get an opportunity to use the fitness center/ Spa during my last stay however I have used the facilities earlier and have found them to be very top of the line.

The swimming pool is very large and there are ample of sun loungers around. There is a separate kid's pool as well.

The buffet breakfast is of top quality and consists of one of the best spreads that you could find in any 5* property! The staff manning the breakfast area are exceptionally good and take good care of you! There are many live cooking stations serving eggs and Indian breakfast dishes which are brought to your table once you have ordered at the cooking station.

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Shaiq K

Dear Guest,

We do appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

Thank you for your positive comments. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great product experience for all our guests who visit our hotel in the Western suburbs of Mumbai. It was a pleasure to read about the buffet spread and the live stations at our 24 hr Coffee Shop - Lotus Café.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Spent only one night on this trip but will be back again as business dictates. This property is pretty conveniently located to both the domestic and the international airport terminals - about a half hour ride. There are several very good hotels within minutes of the international terminal but the extra few minutes that it takes to get to the Marriott was not critical for me. The hotel arranges transportation very efficiently. No waiting at the airport and the car is available at the requested time when leaving the hotel. Staff is excellent with efficient check in / check out as well having experienced excellent service in the restaurant for the one meal I had at the hotel. Food was of reasonable quality and fresh (breakfast). The beach is absolutely beautiful and my only regret is that I did not have any time to enjoy it on this trip. The pool area looked very inviting. Common areas of the property are first rate. The room was sparkling clean but quite well worn. The executive lounge was closed due to renovations going on within the property (I hope this includes the rooms). Appears that there are multiple restaurants within the property but I was only in Mumbai for one night so did not get an opportunity to sample them. I would recommend this property for business or vacation.

Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank BC W
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Warm Greetings.

The renovation will be completed within the next few weeks and I am sure on your return visit you will get to enjoy the newly refurbished rooms and the Executive Lounge.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Fantastic hotel and excellent service from all the staff members.

I would highly recommend this hotel for those who want to visit Mumbai.

Service is beyond excellent, the staff at the reception were very helpful namely Imran and Avinash. They went beyond there duty to ensure we had a pleasant stay. Also, Sarthik in the Reflections bar was extremely helpful and friendly.

I will be definately visiting again in the near future.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Avoid getting a room near the nightclub - we could occasionally hear the loud sound system from our...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ParmStar
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your feedback. I agree that I am working with an excellent team here at the JW Marriott.

I have personally complimented all the associates with whose services you were happy with. We take pride in training our associates and it is very heart warming to note that they have been able to “Exceed your Expectations”, which is the motto of our hotel.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2013

You get what you expect when you stay here - comfort, good service, great food (AMAZING breakfast buffet)! I stayed here before I knew Mumbai very well but now that I do, I prefer to stay in lower cost options in Bandra.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ADesai90024

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a good experience while here at JW Marriott Mumbai.

I am glad you were happy with the services offered by us and look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I travelled to Mumbai in January for a quick break & had the option to stay @ JW Marriot or the Taj, I decided to stay @ JW.

Firstly some great staff great you at reception. The hotel is under renovation, however this does not affect your stay at all, and it’s well kept out of the way. The rooms are decent, but for the price you pay I would expect a bit more. I would certainly not expect to look out of the window & see a pile of bird droppings disgusting, how can they allow this for supposedly one of the best hotels in India? Please see my pictures. Don’t say the rooms are high up etc, I was in Maui, Hawaii a few months prior to this, & the room was high up there…nothing like this, just disgusting.

The food in this hotel is marvellous, I can’t complain at the breakfast was fantastic, it was included in the hotel package I got. However if you are just eating in general, I’m telling you this hotel is seriously over priced, probably more then any other hotel I have stayed at in the world to date.

I know a lot of the staff work for tips, I did feel sorry for a lot of them, but at times you where made to feel kind of guilty for staying here. The staff continuously where telling me that they get paid about £70 GBP a month & are in hardship. They tried extremely hard to get a tip of you. After a while it got quite annoying, had a feeling the house keeping staff where waiting you to arrive back to your room, then pounce on you, for example when you get a knock on your door @ 8PM asking if I wanted fruit, I mean I’ve been out all day surly this would have got picked up if my fruit bowl was empty. I don’t know how to take this, for the amount they charge for rooms etc, surly they should look after the staff so this kind of behaviour doesn’t carry on.

Another thing that was quite annoying was, that hardly any of the staff had knowledge of the local area, you ask 3 people the same question you get about 8 different answers, I just don’t get it. For example clubs, bars, markets etc they just didn’t have a clue, even the concierge was clueless.

Lets move on outside to the pool area. The pool was bloody freezing, shocking how cold the water was. I’m not wanting a heated pool etc, I know it’s a warm country but when the water is so freezing cold that you cant even dip you feet in, it’s a bit disappointing.

I can only compare this hotel to the many I’ve stayed in across the world, so my review is based upon that. The negatives for me far outweigh the positives, I regret to say this but I would not recommend this hotel to any of my dear friends or family, or anyone else for that matter. I do refer to the price quite a lot i.e. over priced, but I wouldn’t actually paying a higher price if the product on offer was reflective off this, it falls far to short.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank jagzy999

Warm Greetings.

I apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and have shared your comments with the relevant department head. We have taken it up as learning point and will ensure that the same is not repeated again.