“JW Marriott Mumbai”

JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu
Ranked #18 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Moscow, Tennessee
“JW Marriott Mumbai”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel was not only gorgeous but the staff was fabulous. If you need a hotel driver, be sure to ask for Nagesh. He was awesome. He really took care of me -- especially when I was alone. Beautiful view from the hotel room. Great restaurants inside -- including the hotel breakfast. I also felt very secure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Barb0226
JWMM_GM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this review, November 29, 2012

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad you were happy with the services offered by us. I have personally complimented Nagesh with whose service you were happy with.

I look forward to welcome you back.

Thomas Guss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I usually wait a week before writing a review, but am still in this hotel as I write this review! It's a beautiful property, and the rooms are in great condition.The staff is helpful, and goes an extra mile. The pool is a delight to use, and offers a stunning view - my husband has been using the personal trainer, and has loved the experience! So far, so good...

But the business centre at this hotel has been an absolute disappointment. The staff at the business centre is completely different in its attitude and pro-activeness when compared to the staff in the rest of the hotel. Simple requests aren't managed well - for e.g. can we get filter coffee instead of instant coffee. Things are painfully slow. Took them ten minutes to organise four clean plates (they hadn't set aside the right number to begin with!). There's no effort made to focus on the details.

It's been a nightmare organising the business meetings in this hotel over the last two days. So while I love this hotel for a 'personal stay', if you plan to use the business centre - you might be better off with a hotel where they are used to hosting business meetings.

Room Tip: Go for a sea facing room, absolutely worth it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank nehavish

Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

Please do not allow this experience to otherwise mar the favorable impression of the hotel.

My Team had reached out to you during your stay to resolve the matter and I am sure your were satisfied with the resolution. Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you require any assistance from me.

I look forward to inviting you back to the hotel.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a gorgeous hotel with tight security, top-notch service, and a stellar breakfast buffet. The pools are really wonderful as well. The grounds are really well manicured. All rooms face the ocean and are extremely comfortable. The staff is really accommodating as well. India is tough, sometimes. There are some hard things to see, and you can easily get yourself into a tight spot if you don't know what you're doing. The people who work here are really conscious of that- and if this is a first or last stop for you in India, I highly recommend hiring a driver to take you around for a day- shopping, sight-seeing, whatever. The cost is minimal and the drivers are a wealth of knowledge preparing you to go out on your own.

Walking through the lobby and overlooking the cafe below with live Indian music being played on the staircase- and the massive wall of glass overlooking the garden, pool, and out to the ocean... It's incredible.

I'm not usually a big breakfast eater- and in India especially- there tend to be these lavish breakfast buffets that are quite pricey and I never eat my fill so i feels like a huge waste... But here... oh my goodness, the food is amazing. It was a wonderful introduction to some Indian breakfast foods that the chefs prepare right there for you- AND happily explain what each thing is and suggest things for you to try if you are a complete newb. Food is prepared quickly and brought to you... the service is perfect- attentive but not obnoxious or over the top (which you find in a lot of 5-stars in Asia) -

Additionally, I was here for an expo, and the conference/ballroom staff were really great, too. Bringing us coffee and sweets throughout the day. Wonderful experience and such a lovely send off from India for me personally.

I had a colleague get really ill on this trip. (Not from food here! He was ill when we arrived...) When we arrived at the hotel, the concierge called the hotel doctor, who was not on the premise due to the holiday- but the doctor spoke to my friend and prescribed some medication to him over the phone. The concierge picked it up within 15 minutes. A doctor was at the expo and my colleague told him the symptoms as well and showed him the medicine the hotel doctor prescribed, and the doctor told him it was high quality and exactly what he would have done as well. He was on the mend within hours. I have to say, when traveling in India, it's almost inevitable that you or someone you're with will get sick at some point- and it's just comforting to know that the hotels here (the good ones, anyway) have a doctor and service to help. The whole ordeal cost him less than $20- the pills were less than $5- I think most of that money was to tip the concierge for picking it up for him.

We ate at Spices, one of the restaurants in the hotel- and this was really the only low point for me. The service was unbelievably slow. It took more than 30 minutes for a starter to be brought to us. The restaurant was nearly empty yet they kept seating families with children around my colleagues and me... I'm not sure the mentality, but we would have been happy to sit there for a while longer and had more drinks and or dessert if not for the screaming ill-behaved kids running amok around the restaurant. WHY would you put 3 families with young children around a group of 7 adults clearly on business? I suppose in hindsight, we could have been "that obnoxious American group" who asked to be re-seated- even after being served- the message would have been sent- and places like this tend to be extremely accommodating- so my advice to other patrons is- "You are paying quite a lot to stay here and eat here... you should enjoy the experience..."

In all, I'd definitely stay here again. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jamies_oyster
JWMM_GM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments, I am very happy to note that you liked everything about our hotel and the services offered by the team. I very much appreciate you taking time out to share your experience while at our hotel.

We have noted your experience at the Spices Restaurant and the same has been shared with the relevant department heads. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great product experience for all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Venice, Italy
Reviewed November 14, 2012

When selecting a hotel in Mumbai, be cautious of the location. Mumbai is so diverse and full of contrast, there are slums amongst some of the finest 5-star hotels. The JW Marriott Mumbai is very private and highly secure. In fact, the security routine before one enters the hotel is comparable to checking in at an airport. Once I got over the intensity of the security checks at the entrance, I proceeded to the check-in counter, where the staff are quite formal and neutral in emotion but were helpful in facilitating a change in the room type booked. The hotel lobby is impressive and has retail stores which can easily distract you whilst making your way to your room. The room itself was lovely, very luxurious & tastefully decorated. I have stayed at this hotel twice already, and will use it again in the future. It is pricey, so I wouldn't book here if I know I won't be spending much time in the room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Venetian_Love
JWMM_GM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

We do appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

Thank you for your positive comments. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great product experience for all our guests.

My team and myself look forward to welcome you back.

London
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This must be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. My wife and I visited India for the first time and could not have been more impressed by the high level of service. Many members of staff travelled that extra mile to ensure we had the best time. From the Bar Mn ( who resembled Manny from Modern Family!) to the breakfast waiter who made Late in a different bar as we mentioned it tasted nicer than the breakfast machine Only let down was the massive refurbishment program they are undergoing which was not fully explained when we booked and the noise is bit unfortunate It is paradise amongst the noise, mess and dirt of one of India's major cities

Room Tip: We had a refurbished 'larger' room that was well worth it
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sure you would appreciate that refurbishment is required from time to time to enhance and update a product. We are renovating and refreshing all our facilities so that our guests can get the benefit of new technology and state of art equipments.

I am sure you will enjoy the same on your next visit to our hotel.

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The JW Marriott is a 5 star luxury hotel that overlooks Juhu Beach and the Arabian Sea. The hotel is open and spacious. The rooms are fairly small, but okay - some seafacing.

The food in any one of the several restaurants is pretty good - including the extremely popular (reservations required) Sunday brunch at the Lotus Cafe.

Enigma is the very popular nightclub where you can spot Bollywood celebrities partying with Marriott guests and young Mumbaikers well past Mumbai's curfew.

The pool area is nice but the spa is just okay - massages not the best. The best thing about the hotel is the Bombay Baking Company where you can get sandwiches, pastries, cappuccinos, etc. And if you need a special occasion cake, this is the place!!

Although Mumbai hotel prices are very high, I don't think this hotel is worth $400-500 a night for a regular room. If you are visiting for work in the actual "city" (Nariman Point, Curchgate) the Marriott is a good distance away, made worse by the awful traffic. They do have car service but it is expensive and there are no "freebies" here - no airport pickup, no breakfast - that are included at some of the other hotels.

The entire hotel is smoke-free.

Address: Juhu Tara Road, Juhu, Mumbai
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: About 20-30 minutes from the airport(s)
Phone: 91-22-6693-3000
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bomjw-jw-marriott-hotel-mumbai/

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Donna_in_India
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a great experience while here at JW Marriott Mumbai.

We have upgraded our product range at our Award Winning Quan Spa, with the Aromatherapy Associates line. Our therapists are personally trained by the Aromatherapy trainer and it would be a great experience for you when you next visit our hotel.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed November 6, 2012

it was a good experience to stay in this hotel for a night... the locality is unmatched.... thats JUHU and one of the busiest places also along with one of the most happening.... there is Prithvi theater close to the hotel so you can watch plays.... also there is a cinema hall where u can watch movies... PVR JUHU.... apart frm these two there are a lot of night clubs and pubs in the area.... the hotel itself has a night club but to be true there are better ones around the area.... the food in the hotel is nice but there are better places around to explore....the hotel is at a very good property.... its beach facing....the customer service is not upto the mark but one can do with that... the rooms are excellent up to the mark....all in all if u have the money to splurge on a 5star its not a bad choice....

Room Tip: ask for the beach facing rooms... but they will cost u more....
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank hathirohit
JWMM_GM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a good experience while here at JW Marriott Mumbai.

I am glad you were happy with the services offered by us and look forward to welcome you back.