“Feel like a king!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu

JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu
Ranked #19 of 441 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Toronto
“Feel like a king!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Fantastic expereience. Rooms were amzing. Club downstairs was great. The doorman remembers you, even if you dont see him for a while. Pool is clean and perfect. Executive conceirge service was fantastic (recommended if you have the access).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank S D
JWMM_GM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a great experience while here at JW Marriott Mumbai.

Our first priority are our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations. Our endeavor is to offer comfort with good service and product to all our guests.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Thomas Guss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Asia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We checked in and they gave us a 20 minute speech about how they were upgrading us to an ocean view and club floor and giving us ALL these benefits because of my husband's Marriott Rewards status. As we walked away from the desk I asked that the CONFIRMED extra bed be delivered at 7pm, and the reception person looked shocked and said 'no extra bed will fit in that room, maybe we can put mattress the floor?'

I said that was not acceptable - then they determined it would work and showed us to a TINY room, where if you stood RIGHT NEXT TO the window and looked right you could see the beach, from everywhere else in the room you only saw grey concrete blocks of hotel windows. Then the air conditioning didn't work... so they moved us to larger room, no "ocean view". Fine. Then right before we were leaving for engagement that brought us to Mumbai they showed up at the door and tried convince us to move to a suite. Huh?

The 'Club" was not on the room's floor -- it was actually in the lobby, looked like any hotel bar and rather than providing snacks at all hours for, say, jet lagged travelers, it provided food only at specific hours. Again, ridiculous.

The rooms were tired. I would not volunteer to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank longtermexpat
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

Please do not allow this experience to otherwise mar the favorable impression of the hotel. We are in the process of renovating and refreshing all our facilities so that our guests can get the benefit of new technology and state of art equipments. As you are aware the Executive Lounge on the fourth floor is also under renovation. The arrangements made at the Lobby Level are temporary and hence has limited choice.

I look forward to inviting you back to the hotel once our renovation is complete, to experience the refreshed product.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you require any assistance from me.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed in the JW in February 2012, opted for a standard room.

Overall a very nice stay in Mumbai, the hotel is well guarded, reception staff very well trained and extremely helpful. All staff members throughout the complex are willing to help, always saying hello and smiling.

Room was very comfortable facing towards the beach. No complaints except for the internet, very slow and really in this day and age why charge? I know of 3* hotels that don't charge for internet!!

Otherwise good, reliable clean room service 24/7!

Overall a great sight to see after a very hectic and long day on the streets of mumbai!

Well done JW!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank tim g
Dear Guest,

We do appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the internet and we have shared the same with our service provider to ensure the speed is up to the mark.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

After my last poor review regarding this hotel, my review was brought to the attention of Vineet Mishra Director of Operations for Marriott who came to meet me at check in on my return stay after Chennai at check in.
He was most apologetic regarding my previous stay and provided me with a upgrade suite that surpassed my expectations in everyway – it seems it does pay to review in Trip Advisor as it does get noticed and it was very refreshing that when my review and complaint was brought to the Management team at Marriot they acted on it and then some in the most professional manner.
My experience on the return journey was more than satisfactory and the Management team went out of their way to ensure I had a pleasant experience on my return by providing me with a fully laid out suit where I would have been happy just to get a King size bed that I had booked and a reasonable work space that I had paid for.
I was very glad I had come back and had a great experience upon my returned.

The way that my complaint and initial visit dissatisfaction was handled by Marriott Management showed me that they do care about the service they provide and resolved the training issue which resulted in my dissatisfaction. Would I return back to the hotel now that I am not bound for a return visit – In a heart beat as I am now reassured that if I have a complaint it will be resolved.

I had written a review to that effect but for some reason it never made it to Trip Advisor and perhaps in hindsight I should have followed up to ensure it had been received by Trip Advisor. I hope this can be rectified now.

Room Tip: If budget permits choose a Executive room with Club Room access, the service and facilities surpasse...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Manish P
Dear Mr. Popat,

It was great to read your review and I am very happy to note that my entire team met your expectations and has made it a WOW experience for you.

We thank you for your loyalty and patronage and look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have recently visited JW Marriott Hotel mumbai coffee shop "Lotus Cafe " great vegetarian traditional food and top class services , I have ever received at all the hotels I have been to Mr.Vijay who was managing the restaurant added extra touch to the experience

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dilipjsonar
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a good experience while here at JW Marriott Mumbai.

I am glad you were happy with the services offered by us. I have personally complimented Vijay with whose service you were happy with.

I look forward to welcome you back.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I have no reference of other hotels in Mumbai, however I do of others in India. Located on the Beach, large pools and outdoor lounge areas, night club in the basement on weekends is a blast. Bar upstairs hosts page 5 celebrity events which are fun to crash - tha paparazzi lines are fun to walk through as well... Food is good, stayed there for 6 nights earlier this year with no Deli-Belly! Staff are everywhere. Security is very high, all the X-ray, car searches, metal detectors you should expect from a hotel in the city looking after your well being. The room i was in was newly updated. They do need to work on the humidity level in the hall ways and common area. Nice gym. Plenty of secure, clean outdoor grounds to keep kids busy if necessary.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mathum M
Dear Guest,

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Jammu City, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I believe this is one of the best hotels that India has to offer. Amazing rooms , great service and of course very very good staff. The spa is sensational. I will be looking forward to visit with my family coz coming here for just business is a crime.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank DrNNJ
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to note that you liked the buffet spread. Our endeavor is always to exceed expectations.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.