“Excellent hotel”

The Emerald - Hotel & Service Apartments
Ranked #98 of 461 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our visit to Bombay was for the purpose of shopping. The location is great for Santa Cruz - about 10 -20 minutes depanding on the traffic. Within walking distance are excellent boutiques, Juhu Beach and lovely restuarants.
The staff are very helpful at all times especially on reception and in the resturant. There was a mixup with our pick up at the airport but once sorted out and upon our arrival, we were upgraded to a two bedroom apartment which was spacious and clean.
There was free wifi in the lobby which was really great for us. The breakfast although somewhat repetitive had enough choice so we could vary it each morning.
I would definately stay at this hotel again and would recommend it.

Room Tip: If you have one way tranfer included, use it for the return trip to the airport and just take a taxi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
TheEmeraldHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Emerald - Hotel & Service Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your feedback with us here on Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. Await to serve you again.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Past 3 years we stayed have stayed in this hotel for 4 times, Each time we stayed for at least 3 weeks. General Manager. Duty Managers. and the rest of staff are very friendly and helpful, Good service through out .Nice tidy rooms , good breakfast. good food at the restaurant with great service.
with airport pickup and airport drop. At The Emerald it feels like second home. We find The Emerald
very comfortable to stay in Mumbai as we have been long stay guest.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
chetanmehta, Owner at The Emerald - Hotel & Service Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear guest, many thanks for choosing us once again for your visit to Mumbai. I am glad that we have been able to live up to your expectations for the fourth time now. Look forward to serve you again and again for your visits to our city.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is my second tiime at The Emerald and I am sure it will not be my last. I was landing at the domestic airport in the morning and flying out from the international airport the following morning so I wanted a a hotel near the airports and as this is a 25 minute drive away it just fitted the bill.
The online reservation was very efficient and when I had to e mail the hotel about my rescheduled flight the return e mail was very prompt.
The complimentary pickup at the domestic airport was excellent so I arranged for the hotel taxi to drop me off at the international airport the next morning. It costs more than the Cool Cabs but is more comfortable and I did not have to worry about my luggage being strapped to the roof of the cab.
The reception staff ensured a very efficient check in and with complimentary use of the business centre I was able to check in for my flight the following morning.
I was upgraded to a suite of rooms at the front of the hotel which ,although very nice , was not a big issue as I was only staying for the one night. However, I did find there was traffic noise and noise from the aircraft, the later until about 3am and restarting about 6am. However I appreciate that this is always the danger with city hotels near airports. Probably the price you have to pay.
Juhu Beach is only a short walk away so we were able to see the sunset there before having dinner at the restaurant attached to the Hotel,.
We ate pasta dishes there which were good.
Breakfast was good with a choice of fruit, cereals, toast and indian dishes.
The hotel was clean throughout and all the staff were very pleasant and helpful.
As I have already said, I am sure I will return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank for your return visit and writing your feedback with us here on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on hospitality and you clearly witnessed it. We really feel motivated and are ready to serve you on your return journey.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed at a number of hotels during our golden triangle trip all booked through cheapest 2 and tamarind travel. the hotels were excellent but the one that sticks out was the emerald in mumbai. Stayed there 2 nights 16 feb and 8th march The staff were very pleasant and couldnt do enough for us. Hotel staff picked us up at the airport and returned us back to the airport. we had a problem with our flight tickets to delhi. the tamarind rep and the hotel manager pulled out all the stops and sorted it out allowing us free use of the internet and printer. Hotel itself was clean and airy. in a good spot over the road from the beach. 8 th march we were upgraded to an apartment fit for royalty. wonderfull stay wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the hotel and the excellent food. wii use this hotel again.

Room Tip: we had 2 rooms both were really good could not fault anything
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, many thanks for posting your experience with us. It is our constant effort to make you feel home and i feel delighted that we were successful. I would also recommend you to try our White Lotus Spa for your next visit. Waiting to serve you again.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here twice, when we entered the country and when we left. The rooms were comfortable and clean for the most parts. The food at the restaurant downstairs was delicious and catered for low calorie meals as well which is very rare in India. The manager was very hospitable and the staff were always friendly.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
chetanmehta, Owner at The Emerald - Hotel & Service Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Guest, many thanks for posting your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I feel glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. I would personally pass on your compliments to the staff. Hope to see you again on your next tour to Mumbai.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here with some friends and was pleasantly surprised at the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The breakfast and room service were good and the overall cleanliness of the hotel was great.
The only downside is that the hotel charges for WiFi which was a little inconvenient.

On the whole though I'd definitely stay there again and highly recommend it. It was much nicer than the Sea Princess which is where I stayed last time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing us for your trip this time round. We strive to make you feel home and I'm proud that we're successful. Apologies for the WiFi. Waiting to host you again.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

A hotel in Juhu, Mumbai, close to the airport. Short walk to the beach, in a good roadside location. Got a good welcome by the reception staff. The restaurant is excellent for vegetarian food. (Unfortunately no non-veg food is served). They provide free airport transfer. .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest, thank you posting your feedback with us here on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is valuable to us. It helps us become better. See you soon.