Stayed at the Emerald Juhu for 4 nights in the first week of January 2013. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the 1-bedroom apartment, which has a kitchen, toilet/shower, large dining table and chairs, family room, 2 TVs, and a sofabed which was perfect for the 2 kids ages 5 and 7.
The location is OK. While it is on the opposite side of the street from the beach, there is not direct access to the beach as the line of buildings opposite the hotel, along the beachfront, block the access. So there is about a 12-minute walk to the right of the hotel, till you get to the open access area. And then too, need to be careful crossing the extremely busy Juhu Tara road. If you do not mind spending the minimum fare of Rs. 15, take the autorickshaw to the beach. Well worth it and no anxiety about walking and crossing.
The apartment is clean. Some things were broken like the shower head which came off into my hand, and the toaster which did not work. But these were quickly fixed after calling maintenance. Also they do not fill the liquid soap dispenser beyond 50% capacity, you need to ask for extra towels and toilet paper, as somehow they give a bare minimum. The hotplate in the kitchen warms up the food very slow.
One thing I did like was the on-demand free bed making for the sofa conversion into a bed. Very nicely done and promptly.
One thing I did not like was the electronic coded safe, erased my secret code, and I had to call maintenance for the master code. The reason I think is that the electricity shuts off to the entire room, after you take your room key card with you out of the designated slot. So the secret code you put into the electronic locker in the bedroom gets erased, creating a brief panic if you need your valuable stuff which is now locked away and inaccessible.
Another thing I did not like was that there was no blinking light on the phone, indicating that someone left a message.
Finally, the absolutely best part of the hotel is the buffet breakfast daily. Every morning, get ready for a treat of juices, south Indian breakfast items, lassi, eggs made to order by a real nice omelet chef and fresh cut fruit. Of course the hotel is pro-vegetarian, but the food at breakfast and the hotel restaurant and room service snacks is very good.
Reserving a large taxi to handle multiple suitcases on checkout is expensive and the front desk refers you to the travel agent in the lobby, who charges an exhorbitant rate for a large airconditioned tourist vehicle. Otherwise, the hotel provides complimentary pickup from airport. Of course, you need to hope your airline arrives in time, and that the driver keeps holding the name placard in his hand for you to see as you exit the airport door, and that someone around is kind enough to call the hotel on their own mobile phone on your behalf, if your driver is hiding somewhere and making no effort to make himself obvious to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Emerald - Hotel & Executive Apartments has elegantly furnished Superior, Deluxe rooms as well as fully Studio / One / Two Bedroom furnished apartments to offer its guests. It is close to the airports as well the commercial areas of Bombay including the NSE and MMRDA Exhibition Grounds. Juhu Beach is located across the road from the hotel. The Hotel is located in the famous Juhu area which is the happening place of Bombay. The Hotel offers all the standard facilities and amenities to its Guests from the Corporate as well as Leisure segments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Emerald - Hotel & Service Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Emerald - Hotel And Executive Apartments
- Hotel Best Western Mumbai
- Best Western Emerald Mumbai
- Best Western Hotel Mumbai
- Mumbai Best Western