“Enjoyed my stay”

Hotel Parle International
Ranked #138 of 465 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed January 8, 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights. Hotel was nice, clean and comfortable. Location is ideal for shoppers. All within walking distance. Breakfast was available and with variety of dishes. Extra items could be ordered with additional payment.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sunvan11, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parle International, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2016

Greetings from Hotel Parle International!!!!!
Thank you for selecting our hotel as your accommodation choice and for taking the time to share your comments with us.
We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us .We appreciate you spending the time to share your experiences with us and your appreciation for the service provided by our staff motivates us to ensure we provide the best for our patrons. It is inspiring to know your over all stay experience and comments on our facilities and services.

Reviewed December 31, 2007

a nice 3 star property near the train station. very clean - never saw a bug, with modern conveniences like a shower, toilet, AC, etc. the breakfast was good, and they offered free airport transport, but failed to pick us up - they comped us the taxi fare. the view was of other people's flats, nothing pretty, but you get a feel like you really live in mumbai. the AC was either really cold or just off, so hard to control at night, but all in all, it was fine. we needed a comfortable place near my family, and this was perfect. the price was high for what you get, but the nicer hotels cost even more...

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank chikuben

Reviewed October 28, 2007

Prior to booking this hotel I had read the reviews of this forum and thought to myself - 'Why not' - I needed to stay in Mumbai for 3 nights on Business and had concerns based upon previous visits to the City of the hotel accom standards and how 'Brand names' tend to be borrowed...

As per the previous reviews, the hotel reception is clean and tidy, I was informed that I was to be upgraded to an Executive room (Great so far I thought...) the room was located on the top floor of the hotel and this is where the problems began.

I agree with a prevoius post that the bedding looked as if someone had just got out of the bed, 1 x towel, the room was very hot/humid - The air conditioning was a box in the wall which was very noisy.

The toilet leaked and I noted the location of the 'extra' towels around the foot of the toilet soaking up the water. I asked for a new room and was informed that none were available.

Internet access was supposed to be 'free' in my room however, it never worked and I was informed that I could purchase a wireless card from reception. I pointed out that as the internet was supposed to be 'free' and was obviously not working... why didnt they give me a wireless card... - I was subsequently informed that 'The hotel policy is for you to purchase the wireless card...'

On the top floor, from the recent monsoon the roof had obviously leaked. Dark damp patches were noted on the ceiling and down the side of the wall around the window - the view from which was a rubbish tip. This hotel isnt in a good area if you're looking for a 'room with a view!'

The T.V did have a good selection of stations to view, the wardrobe wasnt tall enough to hang a suit, the ceiling fan (as per a previous post) was indeed noisy and being directly overhead the bed didnt give me a comfort feeling of being in bed with the fan potentially about to drop from the ceiling during the night.

Breakfast was indeed an Indian Breakfast (not to my taste) but there appeared to be a large selection available if this is your taste.

A shuttle bus operates between the airport and the hotel (you have to book) Upon my arrival they didnt show up, upon my departure I was informed that the bus wasnt currently available due to repairs and that they would book a taxi for me. - I had to pay for the taxi (not a great amount I agree, but I would have expected the hotel to pay in lieu of the shuttle bus)

The final 'Not impressed' is that given all of the above which in general were found to be similar to the experience(s) of other postings for this hotel, I was charged on check-out $330 per night (I had understood the price to be $125 when booking the room over the phone) which was obviously a shock and had they have quoted this price to begin with I would not have booked this hotel as for a little bit extra I could have stayed at one of the 5* hotels near the airport (which is where I shall go in future) as in my opinion for $125 this hotel would be 'value for money' provided you get a decent room but for $330 + $30 Tax per night, its nothing but a rip off!

When I questioned the bill, I was informed by the Manager that I had to have a confirmation 3 days before arrival in writing for the $125 rate (which is advertised on the internet) I was thefore considered a 'walk-in' booking when I arrived and offered the room I was given (I pointed out that I was informed this was an upgrade) the hotel came up with numerous excuses.

Other than having a row in the reception, without a confirmation of price in writing I was 'caught' as when signing for the room I hadnt noticed the price tag on the registration form of 29,0000 RPS. + Tax.

Needless to say... I wont be back, another 'bad' experience of the Indian Hotel trade. My advice is to pay the extra and stay in a reputable 5* hotel that you can book on an official hotel website ie: Holiday Inn, Hilton etc... whilst they are more expensive, this is my second BAD experience in India and I wont be caught a third time.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
7  Thank Dawghouse
Sunvan11, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parle International, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2016

Dear Sir,
Greeting from Hotel Parle International!!
Customer satisfaction is something that we take very seriously and would never compromise under any circumstances. Unfortunately, sometimes unavoidable mistakes happen. In such rare cases, a satisfactory solution is always in place and preventable measures are introduced.
We regret for the inconvenience caused, which was unintentional and rare mistake and we assure you that your complaint will be handled in a strict and serious way. We take full responsibility for the error and we guarantee that such incidents will not occur in the future. Your detailed feedback has been shared with our team and corrective actions are taken to avoid such incidents in future.
We value your business and hope to retain you as a customer for many years to come.
Please always share your feedback with us; this is how we keep learning and improving. I am very confident that the next email we receive from you will be that of appreciation.

Thanks and warm regards.
Mr. Sunny Vanmali

Reviewed April 22, 2007

This was a pretty average hotel, but it was clean and Ok, and quiet, and probably better than other hotels we stayed at. It was also reasonably priced for a major city.

It's a bit far out from central Mumbai City with the Gate of India and Elephanta Cave tours, etc, but it is just 2 minutes walk to the Parle East train station. From there you pay something like 50 pence for a 45 minute direct train ride into Mumbai. Not bad, and quite an experience travelling on the crowded "locals" trains! Far more exciting then taking taxis (which I believe would take an hour and a half into town). On the other hand, it's only about 15 minutes away from the airport... so a good spot if you're not in Mumbai long and flying-out.

We also liked the buzzing street markets around Parle East train station and really enjoyed seeing these in the morning and at night. You are away from the usual tourist places and really feel like you're mixing in with real-life locals. My kind of thing.

I would stay there again. Though I would give you one tip - when you book your pre-paid taxi at the Airport tell them you are staying at International Parle. (Taxi drivers have never heard of the Quality Inn!)

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank fabauthor

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your candid review of your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects that need updating. In taking great care of our charming hotel, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel! We look forward to your continuous visits.
Thanks and warm regards
Mr. Sunny Vanmali

Reviewed December 3, 2006

One of the worst hotels I have stayed in. On arrival there were two house boys lying on the beds watching TV. The room was filthy, no bed clothes, no towels and no toilet paper. Staff were unfriendly and could not care. Would never stay in a "Quality Inn" again..........

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
3  Thank kethan
A TripAdvisor Member
Oklahoma
Reviewed January 24, 2006

this hotel is definitely something you should look out for. I asked for a non-smoking room nd, yes it measured up uo my expectations. The staff was very helpful, nd i especially liked the food. The rooms wer sparkilng clean. thumbs up to the manager.

• Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed January 12, 2005

It was a terrible hotel. We asked for a non smoking room but when we entered the room , it was a filled with bad smell. No hot water so we had to leave in the morning without taking a bath. I was travelling with a 14 month old child and most of the time during my stay at hotel i was worried about the baby, because there were lot of mosquitos in the room. I advice to go and look for another hotel.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member