“Service that made the difference”
Review of The Lalit Mumbai

The Lalit Mumbai
Ranked #19 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I got booked here for a night by the company. The hotel is quite close to the airport. Walking in you will definitely notice the huge lobby and the art work on the back wall, it gives the hotel a very spacious look.

The room is average size, there is very small signs of wear and tear in the bathroom but it was very clean. The bed is very comfortable and just what you need after a long flight into the city. The mini bar is stocked and I would say the price of mini bar items are not too high considering this is a 5 *.

I had food ordered to my room and it was delivered quite quickly as well and tasted good.

They did have airport drop included in the package for me but some how it was not mentioned in the welcoming kit. Or may be I missed it. I got a complementary office drop since I did not take the service to airport.

The Lalit would be first choice next time I fly into Mumbai!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Sudhendu P, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Mumbai.

We are glad to learn that you were happy with the overall services of our hotel. Your words of appreciation are a generous source of motivation and encouragement for us to continue offering superior value and consistent service to all our customers.

While much as we strive to serve our valued customers with highest and consistent standards of service, we have taken up your feedback constructively with the concerned teams for a review.

I shall certainly share your sincere word of recognition with my team here.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at The Lalit Mumbai.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

To be honest, i had only few hours so i didnt really enjoyed as i could, however, it look like one of this hotel which has much to offer. the room was very clean and the bad was perfect. if you have few hours for a nap before an early morning flight, go for it. by the way, i made my reservation through an agent and got amazing fare. i do not know if one can get these fares online but it is worth sniffing around.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Sudhendu P, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Mumbai.

We are glad to learn that you were happy with the overall services especially cleanliness and type of bed offered at our hotel. Your words of appreciation are a generous source of motivation and encouragement for us to continue offering superior value and consistent service to all our customers.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed in THE LALITS MUMBAI in the month of jan i was there with my wife and baby for a business conference . as i left for conference my wife and baby was left ALONE IN THE HOTEL TO DO NOTHING i must say the staff there was so helpful specially the concierge Siddhartha he planned the whole day for my wife and baby for good shopping places and also the good food outlets where they can spent their day and in fact he even planned a dinner for us i must say it is amazing to stay in such a beautiful atmosphere lovely lobby lavish buffet and such helpful and proactive staff keep up the spirit

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Sudhendu P, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Mumbai.

We are glad to learn that you were happy with the overall services at our hotel. Your words of appreciation are a generous source of motivation and encouragement for us to continue offering superior value and consistent service to all our customers.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Besides being located close to both the International and Domestic airport in Mumbai, The Lalit is one of the best hotels in the city. The huge lobby makes the hotel look spacious. The rooms are clean and you get of choice of pillows. The staff go beyond the call of duty to make the stay of the guests most comfortable. Would specially like to mention Mr Vipin Singhal, Chef Yogesh and Chef Rohan.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Staff were very good but there are little things which let this outstanding and grand hotel down.

This is my second stay but last time I stayed it was the Intercontinental Lalit.

I was a little disappointed at check in when we were told one large king bed was meant to sleep my wife and I, and our 2 children!!! Not how you expect to be spending your nights in a 5* hotel. Especially when all four of our details were given in the booking and they were told it was 2 adults and 2 children!

The only thing the done was to put in a crib for my 2 year old and my 4 year old boy had to share with us! An extra bed was RS.2000+taxes.... PER NIGHT!!! And this kind of sets the scene, EVERYTHING has extra charges... and then plus taxes! You might expect wifi to be available in a 5* hotel in this day and age... but thats another RS.900+taxes!

You feel a little ripped off.

The only thing that saved these guys and got them the 3 stars I have given was their welcome ambassador at the front door, he remembered my daughters name all through our 3 night stay which was very nice, and the concierge who booked our car to the airport and because we left at 4.30am he also gave us 4 packed breakfasts which kept us all happy at the airport. Housekeeping was also good.

Please pay attention to these issues, If you sort these things out you will be outstanding,and only then would I come and stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Kindly accept our most sincere and profound apologies for an incomplete experience and dissatisfaction caused to you on account of service and value.

We are truly distressed to learn about your experience. We value your patronage and would like to continue having the privilege of being of service and value to you. May we request you to consider this as an aberration and not to let this be an indelible perception.

I would be grateful if you could please let me know when you are planning to visit us next as I wish to understand your observations and experience in details for improving our service design.

We hope you will not hold this experience against us and will offer us another opportunity to look after you in a manner that you expect and so rightfully deserve.

I look forward to welcoming you personally.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

This is an old hotel which is very close to the Mumbai airport. Getting here only takes a few minutes.

The hotel is old but refurbished. The staff here are amazing. They are very friendly and helpful.

Food quality is good. Buffet breakfast trends to get crowded at times.

The only negative is the security outside which tends to hassle everyone who comes in. Every bag has to be scanned, every person is screened before entering the hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Harsha W

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed at The LaLiT Mumbai for just 15 hours but what an impression they made. We had requested early check in as we were arriving at the hotel at 9.30 am. On arrival our two rooms were not quite ready, this wasn't a problem to us as we knew we were really early but they couldn't apologise enough. They offered us a complimentary breakfast or the option of taking a two bedroom apartment which was ready. We chose the breakfast and my word, what a breakfast it was. Everything you could possibly want to eat was available and wonderfully cooked and presented. By the end of breakfast our rooms were ready and we were able to get sorted before spending the day sitting around the glorious pool. On returning to our rooms a large selection of fruit had been delivered along with nuts and a tray of chocolate.
We had a couple of drinks in the bar, the staff were truly amazing again attending to our every possible need.
We had to leave the hotel just after midnight, two complimentary taxis were supplied and the concierge even came with us to the airport, somehow managing to get us straight into the airport without queuing and delivered us at our check in desk.
I cannot fault this hotel for the standard of service at all, rooms were very comfortable, my only gripe is the prices for food and drink. A pint of kingfisher was 500 and then they add the tax which makes it around 650. You expect to pay over the odds in an upmarket hotel but when you've been paying less than 100 a pint it came as a shock. I would love to be able to spend more time at this hotel on my next visit but not sure I'd be able to eat or drink.
A lovely treat, beautiful hotel with the most attentive friendly staff I've ever come across. Special mention for the young man on reception Rahul Jain (hope I've got that correct) friendly, funny, helpful and just so amazing I wanted to bring him home.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Sudhendu P, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014