“First choice in Mumbai”
Review of The Lalit Mumbai

The Lalit Mumbai
Ranked #19 of 465 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Besides being located close to both the International and Domestic airport in Mumbai, The Lalit is one of the best hotels in the city. The huge lobby makes the hotel look spacious. The rooms are clean and you get of choice of pillows. The staff go beyond the call of duty to make the stay of the guests most comfortable. Would specially like to mention Mr Vipin Singhal, Chef Yogesh and Chef Rohan.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Sudhendu P, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Mumbai.

We are glad to learn that you were happy with the overall services at our hotel. Your words of appreciation are a generous source of motivation and encouragement for us to continue offering superior value and consistent service to all our customers.

I shall certainly share your sincere word of recognition with my team here.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at The Lalit Mumbai.

General Manager, The Lalit Mumbai

Write a ReviewReviews (2,392)

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Staff were very good but there are little things which let this outstanding and grand hotel down.

This is my second stay but last time I stayed it was the Intercontinental Lalit.

I was a little disappointed at check in when we were told one large king bed was meant to sleep my wife and I, and our 2 children!!! Not how you expect to be spending your nights in a 5* hotel. Especially when all four of our details were given in the booking and they were told it was 2 adults and 2 children!

The only thing the done was to put in a crib for my 2 year old and my 4 year old boy had to share with us! An extra bed was RS.2000+taxes.... PER NIGHT!!! And this kind of sets the scene, EVERYTHING has extra charges... and then plus taxes! You might expect wifi to be available in a 5* hotel in this day and age... but thats another RS.900+taxes!

You feel a little ripped off.

The only thing that saved these guys and got them the 3 stars I have given was their welcome ambassador at the front door, he remembered my daughters name all through our 3 night stay which was very nice, and the concierge who booked our car to the airport and because we left at 4.30am he also gave us 4 packed breakfasts which kept us all happy at the airport. Housekeeping was also good.

Please pay attention to these issues, If you sort these things out you will be outstanding,and only then would I come and stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Kindly accept our most sincere and profound apologies for an incomplete experience and dissatisfaction caused to you on account of service and value.

We hope you will not hold this experience against us and will offer us another opportunity to look after you in a manner that you expect and so rightfully deserve.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

This is an old hotel which is very close to the Mumbai airport. Getting here only takes a few minutes.

The hotel is old but refurbished. The staff here are amazing. They are very friendly and helpful.

Food quality is good. Buffet breakfast trends to get crowded at times.

The only negative is the security outside which tends to hassle everyone who comes in. Every bag has to be scanned, every person is screened before entering the hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Harsha W

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Mumbai.

While much as we strive to serve our valued customers with highest and consistent standards of service, we have taken up your feedback constructively with the concerned teams for a review.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed at The LaLiT Mumbai for just 15 hours but what an impression they made. We had requested early check in as we were arriving at the hotel at 9.30 am. On arrival our two rooms were not quite ready, this wasn't a problem to us as we knew we were really early but they couldn't apologise enough. They offered us a complimentary breakfast or the option of taking a two bedroom apartment which was ready. We chose the breakfast and my word, what a breakfast it was. Everything you could possibly want to eat was available and wonderfully cooked and presented. By the end of breakfast our rooms were ready and we were able to get sorted before spending the day sitting around the glorious pool. On returning to our rooms a large selection of fruit had been delivered along with nuts and a tray of chocolate.
We had a couple of drinks in the bar, the staff were truly amazing again attending to our every possible need.
We had to leave the hotel just after midnight, two complimentary taxis were supplied and the concierge even came with us to the airport, somehow managing to get us straight into the airport without queuing and delivered us at our check in desk.
I cannot fault this hotel for the standard of service at all, rooms were very comfortable, my only gripe is the prices for food and drink. A pint of kingfisher was 500 and then they add the tax which makes it around 650. You expect to pay over the odds in an upmarket hotel but when you've been paying less than 100 a pint it came as a shock. I would love to be able to spend more time at this hotel on my next visit but not sure I'd be able to eat or drink.
A lovely treat, beautiful hotel with the most attentive friendly staff I've ever come across. Special mention for the young man on reception Rahul Jain (hope I've got that correct) friendly, funny, helpful and just so amazing I wanted to bring him home.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Sudhendu P, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The enterance from the road is surrounded by Slums and hence doesnt give a good first impression of the hotel. But the magnicifient Lobby compensates for that. The way the mezzannine is placed in the lobby gives a very good look. The resturant located nicely in the lobby shows good planning.
The rooms having one wall towards lobby are good.
the food in the hotel is ok ok.
The service is bad... the staff look very untrained...absolutely novices in many cases
the rest rooms in common areas could have been better

1  Thank plpalani

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback.

We are truly distressed to learn about your experience. We value your patronage and would like to continue having the privilege of being of service and value to you. May we request you to consider this as an aberration and not to let this be an indelible perception. I would be grateful if you could please let me know when you are planning to visit us next as I wish to understand your observations and experience in details for improving our service design.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Lalit is a large property near Mumbai's international airport. I stayed here for 2 nights recently while visiting Mumbai on business.

You are greeted by a huge, imposing lobby on entry into the property. This is a rectangular building. The problem though is that they have elevators only on end of the rectangle. If your room is on the other end (like mine), be prepared to walk.

My room was large and east facing which helped get in some natural light. It was however showing its age with furnishings & other items from a 2-decade old design. Another quirk - there was no phone socket near the work table so if you want to work & talk, you have to sit on the bed as the phone is there.

Breakfast spread & service was excellent. I ordered dinner via room service both nights. In my opinion, it was ordinary, was delivered barely warm and exorbitantly priced.

I will probably stay here again if if other preferred hotels are not available. The saving grace was the staff.

1  Thank 678flyer
Sudhendu P, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed here for almost ten days!!!
If this is 5 star than I never want to stay in 5 stars!!
You are better off in 2 star than THE LALIT
Serious communication problems with staff, you have repeat 6 to 7 times before you get what you want!!
My sister was unwell and we requested a hot water bottle guess what they supplied one but with a hole! When requested again they covered it with cling film as they did not have any more hot water bottles. A five star hotel with 300 rooms has only five hot water bottles to go round. This people don't have a clue regarding good service!!
Stay away from this one!!
My thanks to Mr Vaibhav who was very sincere and tried very hard to resolve some issues.
There are so many concerns I have about this hotel that I could write a book!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bhartti R
Sudhendu P, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Namaskar,

Kindly accept our most sincere and profound apologies for the entire inconvenience caused to you which resulted in an inadequate value being delivered to you.

We have taken up your feedback seriously with the concerned teams for a review of our operating procedures and immediate corrective action thereof. Much as we strive to serve our valued customers with highest and consistent standards of service, we regret that we have not been able to measure up to your expectations this time. May we request you to consider this as an aberration not reflective of our regular service standards and not to let this be an indelible perception.

We would certainly make the necessary amendments in this respective area so as to let our valued customers have a pleasant experience always and maintain confidence in the services of our hotel.

With renewed apologies,