“Soothing Experience”
Review of The Lalit Mumbai

The Lalit Mumbai
Ranked #21 of 452 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We took a night stay here as part of our annual membership with this Hotel. Their membership is highly recommended as it offers benefit not only for their local stay but also at their other Hotels in good destinations like Goa, Jaipur, Udaipur and many more. Plus lot of other benefits which pushes the customers to have high loyalty with this hotel chain. Good property with all facilities one desires and expects. Staff is courteous and their hospitality is a1. The best and pleasant part is their food, at most 5 star Hotels one would expect the food to be bland and not spicy. But this hotel makes spicy and tasty food which suites Indian taste buds and their buffet spread is just the kind one would desire. In house Pub Sutra is good place to hang out. Overall highly rates.

Room Tip: Prefer a Pool facing room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sudhendu P, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Mumbai. We are glad to learn that you were happy with the rooms, amenities, choice of food and overall services at our hotel. Your words of appreciation are a generous source of motivation and encouragement for us to continue offering superior value and consistent service to all our customers.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at The Lalit Mumbai.

There are newer reviews for The Lalit Mumbai

Reviewed January 5, 2014

On our way back, my family and I stayed overnight in the Lalit. I got a good rate from makemytrip and the hotel did not charge anything extra for an early check in! Good. One of the biggest lobbies that I have seen in hotels must belong to this one and is well kept at the same time. Rooms are big and comfortable. Baths have separate showers and tubs. Minibar is well stocked, service is on the slower side though as it took two calls to get the coffee maker that wasn't working fixed. We didn't try the restaurants though. Pool is on the bigger side. Breakfast is very lavish if you are a non vegetarian.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed for short nite stay during my return from US to Pune. And it was excellent. The room facilities very very very good. It had all the amenities and was very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with a lavish spread. Overall very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Sudhendu P, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I shall certainly share your sincere word of recognition with my team here.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have stayed during dec 2013. check in and check out were easy. Breakfast good variety okay taste for vegetarians. the services of waiters was too poor. we have to wait for tea and coffee for at least 25 minutes each time. and last day was so horrible people were eating breakfast while standing as no room for sitting. I have seen such scenario for the first time in five star hotel. room quality good. overall average hotel because of service part.

Room Tip: the advantage near to airport.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Sudhendu P, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Kindly accept our most sincere and profound apologies for the dissatisfaction and inconvenience caused to you which resulted in an inadequate value being delivered to you.

We have taken up your feedback seriously with the concerned teams for a review of our operating procedures and immediate corrective action thereof. Much as we strive to serve our valued customers with highest and consistent standards of service, we regret that we have not been able to measure up to your expectations this time. May we request you to consider this as an aberration not reflective of our regular service standards and not to let this be an indelible perception.

We would certainly make the necessary amendments in this respective area so as to let our valued customers have a pleasant experience always and maintain confidence in the services of our hotel.

We hope you will not hold this experience against us and will offer us another opportunity to look after you in a manner that you expect and so rightfully deserve.

With renewed apologies,

Reviewed December 31, 2013

visited at new year there ,the lobby was one f the best i hav ever seen but the prob i faced is the room service is very slow as u hav to call many times to gget your issue resolved.....
the hotell is very crwody with groups of people coming everytime... and guess wht "at the buffet brkfast no table was empty nothing no glass full of crowd may b bcz f new year ....
overall good to stay near airport ......

Room Tip: choose front facing top floor rooms as the view f front is good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Deepak G
Sudhendu P, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

With renewed apologies,

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I frequently travel to Mumbai and have stayed at various hotels around the city as I could never find a hotel that was the right mix of value for the money paid.

I believe I have found the perfect fit at "The Lalit"

To start off with the location is perfect on the Sahar Airport road in close proximity to both the terminals.

My booking was done online and the airport pick up and check in was a breeze and I had selected a room with lounge access. The lobby is truly impressive. But what was a minor hiccup were the elevators, they plain refused to work with the key access cards, I replaced the keys and it still refused to budge till the third set of keys were issued.

The health club is quite good and has some pretty decent equipment.

The restaurants are supposedly award winning and they are quite fabulous, a word of caution though, they are a bit pricey. The food quality was amazing, the staff attentive and well informed! I was recommended a pairing of a crisp white wine with a spaghetti wrapped fish... simply amazing! The presentation was fantastic as well! The service though was a little slow in most of the outlets.

The spa experience was overall very good, the masseuse was quite the expert and the price was quite reasonable!

All in all "The Lalit" got ticks in all the right boxes.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We have taken up your feedback constructively with the concerned teams for a review of our operating procedures and immediate corrective action thereof.

I shall certainly share your sincere word of recognition with my team here.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have stayed at the Lalit Mumbai at east 10 times & I have given it a good review in the past. But, I need to share this after my latest stay (Dec 2013).
One day, when I was waiting in the lobby for my friend to pick me up in his car, I saw the whole staff lined up around the entrance with rapt attention...couple of the staff had bouquets/garland in their hands. I figured that some celebrity (or, Political leader) was about to show up. In the meantime, my friend called to inform me that he is unable to drive into the hotel because the parking lot is full. Then, I saw a Mercedes pull in and a bunch of guys got out. All the staff members rushed in to greet these people. When I asked 1 of the staff members, I was told that the owner of the hotel had showed up. All the staff were fully engrossed in showing the various amenities of the hotel to the owner & his entourage. The guests were abandoned, vehicle movements inside the hotel were monitored as if Barak Obama had landed up.
This is typical sycophancy that used to permeate all of India until recently, but, to see it in this day & age was disturbing. When you go through this hotel, you will see framed pictures of the owner (and past owners) adorn the property, when you turn on the TV, you will see the owners playing golf & cuddling their pets etc. I think, this is taking things too far.
My advice will be to run the hotel professionally & avoid the irrational exuberance.
It is a fine hotel with fantastic service.....please cut out the crap.

Sanjay