“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lalit Mumbai

The Lalit Mumbai
Ranked #21 of 441 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Bhopal, India
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Intercontinental Lalit is really a nice, Beautiful, and excellent hotel with cool and calm ambience and excellent hospitality.
The rooms are quite spacious and very neat and clean.
Really a value for money and

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VipinSinghal, Front Office Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this review, January 16, 2012

Greetings of the day!

At the outset allow me to thank you for your patronage towards Intercontinental The Lalit, Mumbai.

Thank you for having taken the time and effort for appreciating the hard work of my team, and the memorable experience you had at the Hotel.

Your feedback is appreciative and gives us lead to make more improvements and continue the laurels that we have achieved so far.

Once again thank you for choosing InterContinental The Lalit Mumbai. We trust with your positive feedback that you will continue to use our Hotel for your lodging needs in the near future.

We look forward to serving you on your next trip.

Thank you!

vsinghal@thelalit.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

I booked into the Lalit for my last night in India and on first impression was extremely pleased with the huge lobby and my room. However when I went into the bathroom the toilet was filled with muddy water, I reported this and someone came upto the room very promptly but was unable to rectify this and changed my room. The second room was on the second floor and the toilet had the same problem, this time the duty manager and the housekeeping manager came to the room and informed me that it was due to the water tripping??? I was too tired to change rooms again but did point out that the room was less than clean. The duty manager assured me the room would be cleaned immediately, which they did and gave me a courtesy drop off to Andheri.
Having spent many hours in the streets of Mumbai I was ready for a good nights sleep prior to my flight. Unfortunately I was woken up at approx 4am with some noises which I could not work out, I can only describe them as someone openning and closing doors and tapping on something. This completely ruined my sleep. I did mentioned it to the reception as I was checking out but they could only apologise.
So even though the hotel is really lovely I personally had a few incidents during my one night stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear Madam,

Warm greetings from Intercontinental The Lalit, Mumbai.

At the outset allow me to thank you for your patronage towards us. I am writing to you with regards to your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the obvious inconvenience you experienced on your recent visit. Whilst apologies and regrets can only attempt to justify, they are not meant to or can change the past.

Your feedback is very valuable to us as 'moments of truth' never cease in our business and it is most important to immediately rectify our shortcomings and listen to feedback to ensure corrective measures. I have taken up your feedback with our team very strongly for immediate corrective action.

I look forward to your benevolence in not allowing this experience to colour your impression of our usual standards and services.

Due apologies once again and may I request you to give us another opportunity to be of service to you when we will try our utmost in offering seamless services and a memorable experience.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed at the Intercontinental Mumbai Airport last October (2011). The hotel is a couple of years old and is really excellent, the rooms are goos and well equipped and the staff exceptionally helpful

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VipinSinghal, Front Office Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
Dear Sir,

Please allow me to express the warmest and the most sincere regards to you on behalf of InterContinental The Lalit Mumbai.

It is our pleasure to receive such an appreciating feedback towards Hotel facilities & services. Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, we know you have a variety of hotels to choose from but we ensure that we will make you feel to stay at better home away from your home.

Thank you for choosing InterContinental The Lalit Mumbai. We trust with your positive feedback that you will continue to use our Hotel for your lodging needs in the near future.

We look forward to serving you on your next trip.

Thank you!

Safed, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel about 5 times and yesterday finished a 1 week stay.
Since I come to Mumbai very often, it is always a pleasure to stay at this hotel, where the food is excellent and the service above perfect. My stay is always of the highest quality which I really enjoy.

But this time, something happened.

I would like to bring to all the readers an uncomfortable and unfortunate incident that happened during my stay: I was interested in having some tailor made clothes made and I requested the assistance of the concierge (through my experience of travelling around the world, they normally have great expertise in showing the tourist where to go). He told me to go to Paradise Tailors which is near the hotel and they will even send a car for me. I asked him if this is quality, and he said that they are the best with the best prices. I went over to them and found them to be very expensive compared to other tailors in town. Moreover, when I got the shirts, the quality was not that good.

Later in the week, I was complaining to a taxi driver about that and he laughed at me – why, you ask – because it is known that Paradise is very low quality and for every person that is sent to them by the Intercontenental Lalit, the concierge gets some money. Also, speaking to my business colleagues, they also told me the same story about that shop. I spent 9,000 Rupies on clothes, that I will not wear because of the quality of the clothes which is very shameful. I have no problem of the concierge getting "kickbacks" from stores, but if that is the case, it is preferred that it is a good quality store.

I know that this is common at this hotel, as during my last stay, they sent me to the Cottage Craft C market to buy gifts, but they were so more expensive than other places, that I did not purchase (the people in the store were also very rude to me when I did not buy)!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
River Forest, Illoinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

The Lalit Mumbai is in many ways a typical Intercontinental Hotel - rooms are fairly large and comfortable, service is competent and efficient, and unlike other reviewers I have found it very friendly. The toilet in our room stopped flushing, and very quickly an engineer was sent up and fixed the problem. Prices are quite reasonable, certainly by international standards. And the Indian restaurant in the lobby is superb - I had a Lamb Biryani there that was the finest I've ever had, with complex flavors and a moistness that made me eat all of the very large lunch portion. Hotel provides airport transportation at all hours, which is valuable because many international flights leave Mumbai in the middle of the night (like 3:15AM). All in all, I can recommend this hotel enthusiastically.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and it was truly a pleasure to serve you. We are happy to know that our accommodation and service were to your liking and as a complete satisfaction which is our goal at InterContinental The Lalit Mumbai.

I am pleased to hear that the Culinary team of Baluchi, our signature Indian restaurant exceeded your expectation. I will pass on your feedback to Chef Shouky and team.

Thank you for choosing InterContinental The Lalit Mumbai and We look forward to serving you on your next trip.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Recently stayed here with my family. Just 5 minutes to the International terminal, which makes it a great choice. As an Ambassador member, I was offered free airport pick up and drop off, which was great. Excellent breakfast and Lounge facilities. Staff responds to requests quite well. Also tried the restaurants which were excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,

Bhopal, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

have stayed here many a times. Location is very good, proximity to airport and corporate offices in Andheri is a plus. Service is strictly OK. For a 5 star you generally expect more. The rooms are very good, the breakfast buffet spread is amazing. For a -la -carte menu, Baluchi is very good. They serve cuisines from Baluchistan, Afghanistan and NWF province, which are amazing, especially daal and biryani. They have a good swimming pool, but its closed after 8 I think (not sure if its 8 or 9)
They have an excellent business convention center and can cater to a group of 200 people easily.
The problematic area is bathroom fittings which, I think due to old age, are not that great. Sometime hot and cold water control in shower doesnt work the way you want, which causes a little pain. I have seen this problem in many rooms. Similarly temperature control is another painful area.
Overall, a good hotel to stay for Business in Mumbai, but there are some better options in the neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Intercontinental The Lalit, Mumbai.

On behalf of our entire team, I wish to thank you ever so much for taking out your time and effort in sharing your valuable comments.

I am pleased to hear that the Culinary team of Baluchi, our signature Indian restaurant exceeded your expectation. I will pass on your feedback to Chef Limmer ,Chef Shouky and team. Sir, to share with you yes we are in process of upgrading our rooms in phases in coming months.

We look forward to your benevolence in not letting this episode color your impression of the high service standards that we relentlessly endeavor to achieve.