“Proud to be a part of it once”

InterContinental Marine Drive
Ranked #47 of 465 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Went there for old memories would say nothing has change FANTASTIC felt very good best feel was i was a part of it 5 years back thank u for all the fantastic memories in this lovely hotel
Would be coming back to mumbai in january n looking forward to going again there for lovely evening at dome and mouth melting kebabs

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
RomilRatra, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive.

We thank you for your time and kind words in writing this review.We shall wait eagerly for your next visit in January.Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance or requirements.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My parter and I spent a very happy five nights at the Intercontinental, which was our first stop in India. The hotel is stunning, with beautiful spacious rooms; spotlessly clean, modern bathrooms and a gorgeous rooftop pool. We loved both restaurants too and had some of the best food we have ever eaten during our stay. We would particularly like to say a big thank you to all the staff who were so warm, kind and helpful throughout and helped us enjoy Mumbai and plan our onward journey. We hope to stay again in the future!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leah-Kitten
RomilRatra, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive!

Firstly we would like to thank you for your time and effort in writing feedback on this forum.Your review will go a long way in encouraging the team at the hotel to strive and achieve even higher levels of service.Your words of praise have been shared with all colleagues and team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your favorite hotel in Mumbai and please do not hesitate to contact me for any further requirements or assistance.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

In one word- AMAZING!! The room was beautiful, the rain shower a treat and the bed very comfortable. The breakfast was great with a lot of variety.
But above all I will complement the service- the entire staff was generous, polite, helpful and absolutely professional. I would especially point out the concierge- Sanjay Vaja, who provided excellent tips and great service.
The hotel is not huge which allows the staff to provide personal service and make you feel at home, a fact that makes me prefer this hotel over the Taj!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 7th floor - Amazing view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
RomilRatra, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive.

We thank you for your time in writing this review for our hotel on tripadvisor .Its reviews such as these that motivate the team to strive and achieve greater heights of excellence in customer service.Your feedback has been shared with the entire team including Mr Sanjay Vaja and needless to say they are extremely delighted.

We look forward to your continued patronage and please do not hesitate to contact me for any further requirements or assistance

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was bowled over by this hotel. I stay in a lot of business hotels but this was, by some distance, the friendliest most courteous of the lot. The concierge team were outstanding and could not do enough to help but in all areas of the hotel I was surprised when staff I thought I'd never met referred to be by name. The standard of service all over the hotel was first rate.
The rooms were good too, very comfortable bed and great views across the bay.
Despite the distance from the business area of Mumbai I shall be going back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
RomilRatra, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive.

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on this forum.We truly appreciate the time and effort that you have spent writing such wonderful feedback for us.The same has been shared with the team at the hotel and we are extremely delighted to know that you had a good stay with us.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great room/suites and the view from the room is great. Well maintained room. Three things I found very annoying are the light switches and the mirror in the entrance. The light switches are touch/tap type. Also difficult to get them right, particularly at night. Touch to dim and tap to switch on and off. Not something you really want when you are sleepy. I found this annoying during all my trips. I've tried various times to get it, right, but have not been able to it. The second is the mirror in the entrance. The idea is to make the room look bigger, but when you walk in at night and only the night light is on the room, it's be a rude shock when you bump your head it. The hotel should have some kind of design on the mirror. Third is the work desk layout. The mini fridge/glass rack are literally behind you. so if you wanted something, you'll have to standup and push the chair all the way so that these can be opened. The management should really look into this. The electrical sockets are very poor and it's impossible to have more then one unit plugged in. In today's world a person has minimum of three things which needs to be charged at onetime.

The Indian restaurant is lip smacking great. The manger Mr. Jaspal is ever helpful. No trip can be complete without dinner here. Breakfast is typical run of the mill. I always have found the Bircher Museli top be dry. I feel that this is made very early and then left in the fridge/cool storage and this just makes the Museli dry. Otherwise it's a usual fare, without any innovation.

It's high time the hotel invested in a spa. With a view like it, this will me a place to be.

The staff is very good and helpful and the floor butlers and efficient to the maximum.

Other options with up to date facilities are near by. So there is a competition.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive

We thank you for the time and effort into writing this detailed feedback on the tripadvisor forum.We appreciate your comments and will definitely look into your suggestions.We have shared the review with the entire team at the hotel and they are glad that you have enjoyed your stay.Your words of motivation and praise have been shared with Jaspal at the kebab korner .

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Intercontinental and please do not hesitate to contact me for any further requirements or assistance.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

the place is great. i had a stay in this hotel for a day and i must mention the hotel is just world class. the bathroom is mind blowing and each and every thing in the hotel room are very precise. the room service is quick while the restaurant is great. the dome, the pool side and the fresh air from the 8th floor simply makes your stay a great stay. i would highly recommend the hotel. also to be mentioned here is the hotel has a true taste of indian foods.

Room Tip: just become an Ambassador and enjoy a guaranteed up-gradation.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
RomilRatra, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive.

First and Foremost we want to thank you for taking the time to write this review on the tripadvisor forum.Its Heartening to know that you had a fantastic stay with us and would also recommend our hotel to your friends and colleagues.Your words of praise and encouragement have been shared with the team at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me for any further requirements or assistance.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have been travelling for business to/from Mumbai almost annually and in most cases 2-3x per year for that matter. I love this property, their more than attentive staff, and the ammenties at your disposal.

Intercontinental Marine Drive overlooks the bay so for ocean view rooms it's phenominal. There's the Dome on the roof top (a bar) adjacent to the pool and it's a great way to unwind after a long hard day at work. The Kebab Korner is my favourite restaurant of the 3 in the hotel that I have dined in. Great Indian food with flare and top notch service at a reasonable price.

Service is important and to me most important. I find the staff here are EXCEPTIONAL. They go out of their way to make you feel at home. There's no word "NO" in their vocabulary, at least that I can find, when it comes to customer service. Attentive, polite, professional, and definitely an asset to their Company, these people deliver!

Room Tip: Suggest the ocean view rooms of the bay - incredible view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Dean L
RomilRatra, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive.

First and foremost we would like to thank you for your time and effort in writing this heartfelt and motivating review for our hotel.The team here strives to provide the highest quality of service with a sincere effort and we will continue doing so.Feedback such as yours only motivates us all to achieve higher levels of excellence. We are extremely delighted of your opinion about us and that you had a wonderful stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance or requirements that you might have in the future