When picking this hotel I was choosing between the Grand Hyatt, Oberoi, and Trident. I chose the Intercontinental due its location - which I was happy with due to where I needed to be. In terms of everything else I think I would have been happier at any of the other three properties above.
This hotel is very small. It is more like a boutique. The 24 hour gym is really a joke. I was all dressed to go for some excersize but when I saw the gym I decided against it. Instead I went to the pool which has a beautiful view but no lounge chairs or service. They really could have made this nice but didn't.
The rooms themselves are very nice and modern. My problem is that the new technology for the most part doesn't improve anything - just complicates everything. For example, their keys are little electrical wands about half the size of a pen which needs to be kept in a holder by the door to operate the electricity. If you look this key they will charge you. I really don't understand why anyone would want to walk around with it opposed to a normal key or card.
The hotel charges a fortune for Wifi with no ability to get it complimentary. This is just upsetting.
The mattress was EXTREMELY soft which was nice the first night as it feels like you are being swaddled, but the second night already I wished for a more normal firmer mattress.
They have a free DVD rental thing but didn't have the movie I had requested. (Not a huge deal).
They offer lots of complimentary services such as 20 min. massage and shoe shine but you feel obliged to tip after everything anyways.
All in all, I thought the hotel felt like an upper tier Indian hotel rather than a top tier multinational one. I may come back to the hotel due to proximity to where I need to be, but if I don't need to be in that area specifically I will definitely go to the Oberoi or Grand Hyatt first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Marine Drive Mumbai is distinguished by sweeping sea views, intimate surroundings and an address near the Nariman Point business district. A few minutes away are the Gateway of India, Jehangir Art Gallery, St. Thomas Cathedral and the National Centre for the Performing Arts. Nearby Elephanta Caves is a World Heritage site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your InterContinental Marine Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Marine Drive Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Intercontinental Mumbai Hotel
- Intercontinental Bombay
- Intercontinental Hotel Bombay