“A great drive in at great hotel in Marine Drive”

InterContinental Marine Drive
Ranked #42 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
“A great drive in at great hotel in Marine Drive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Sometimes when you go inside a hotel room and see a breathtaking view, then and there you think of not going out and enjoy the view. After a long meeting/conference, i had just gone to my room which really touched me that such great sea view and the vehicles looking like a tiny creatures was fabulous. This is absolutely a 5 star property which is really worth trying for. I have now told me office people to book all meeting for Mumbai in this hotel only where i can stay and come back home with great views.

Room Tip: Do take a sea-view room - with breakfast
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RomilRatra, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from The Intercontinental Marnie Drive.

It Gives us great pleasure to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed the services of the hotel as well as your room with its spectacular views.We thank you for the time spent on writing this review and we hope to have you stay with us more often.We look forward to seeing you and other colleagues from your company soon.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me for any requirements or assistance

Romil Ratra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

charming place, I stayed here for five days, I spent it exploring the city and so this hotel really suited because it is close to the city center and other attractions, the view from the window I was super nice and green surroundings, quality and service would rate high on everyone try as he could, I think it's great time, I recommend

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
RomilRatra, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this review, August 22, 2013

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive

We thank you for your feedback and time invested in writing this review on the tripadvisor forum.we have shared your comments with the team at the hotel and they are delighted to know of the lovely stay you had with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back and please do not hesitate to contact me for any further requirements

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Intercontinental Mumbai, Marina drive, for a trip post our wedding. The staff, in particular the concierge team (head of concierge team Albert), and all other staff we interacted with we're simply amazing.
We cannot compliment this hotel enough, from the amazing views on top whilst drinking in the dome bar to the al la carte restaurant on the ground floor, the hotel is worth a visit. The location is fab, with great access to Colaba, a cool shopping area, and other bars/restaurants, it certainly is a chic and cool place to stay.

We cannot wait to come back. Thank you to all the staff for their wonderful service

Mr and Mrs Sangar

Room Tip: Try and get a sea view! An amazing site to wake up to
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive.

We thank you for your time and effort in writing your review on this forum.We always take great pleasure in ensuring that newly weds have a fantastic stay at our hotel and are pampered and well looked after.We are glad that you enjoyed every moment of your time with us.I have passed on your kind words of compliment to Albert as well as the team at the hotel and they are extremely delighted.

We look forward to your next visit and please do not hesitate to get in touch with me for any assistance.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in June end. The hotel is at a very good location exactly on marine drive. The drive from airport takes 1 hour in daytime or mornings( excluding office peakhours).

The boards announcing the hotel are not very prominent until you are exactly outside the hotel. The drawback of the hotel is due to very limited space , cars have to be parked in the nearby lanes.

The property is very well located. We took a sea room view on 2nd floor. There was very minimum noise but the view from the room of sunrise and at night compensated for the minimum noise. The location is such that you can walk across the road and enjoy the sea view and breeze of marine drive.

Nearby there is a Naturals Ice cream parlour, famous in Mumbai.

The rooms are very spacious and well furnished. The switches in the room are all touch sensitive.

We enjoyed our 1 day stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive.

First and foremost we would like to thank you for your review on this forum.We at the hotel are delighted to know that you had a lovely stay and enjoyed the facilities that we have to offer.We have noted your feedback regarding the parking space at the hotel and yes we do understand this is a tiny constraint.However we do ensure that no guest is inconvenienced due to this.

We look forward to your next visit and please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance or further requirements

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

During our trip to India we stayed for a total of three nights in the Intercontinental Mumbai. The nightly rates were quite high so we decided to pay our stay by points.

We checked in at the hotel around 8PM after a really long drive from the airport. Traffic at that time can be bad so keep that in mind. Upon arrival at the hotel our luggage was promptly taken from our car and we were escorted to the reception. Because of the security situation from the past in India and especially Mumbai, persons and luggage has to go through a security screener.

At the reception desk we were quickly checked in. It took no time at all as the check in process happens in the room. We were presented some flowers and we got a small welcome ritual in the lobby which was special.
We were escorted to our room on the fourth floor by some staff members including our personal butler, Mr. Durgesh. All staff members were extremely friendly what of course you can expect from the Intercontinental.

As Platinum Ambassador members our room was upgraded to a Deluxe Seafront room on the fourth floor. Our room was very spacious and beautifully decorated. We also had a very nice view on the sea at the front of the hotel. The bathroom was very roomy and had separate shower and immense bathtub. There were a lot of toiletries and bathrobes available which is sometimes not the case in other hotels from this category.
Our butler gave us a small tour of our room including some information about the aroma therapy which is provided for each room.

There was also a big King sized bed, desk and LCD TV. A small welcome note and drink was presented on our desk. Personal welcome letters from the Manager and Concierge was on our desk. Check in was quickly done and upon presentation of a credit card and business card the check in process was completed.

That same evening we ordered room service. Friendly service again and food was quickly delivered. Food quality was also extremely good. The price of all dishes were very reasonable.

Next morning we did not have breakfast as it wasn’t included but we headed to Mr. Albert, Chief Concierge for some information. Prior to our stay we already had some email contact with some enquiries about Mumbai and things to do. He is very clever and knows all about what to do and see in Mumbai.
We booked two private days tour, not via the hotel but directly with the guide so the next two days we did not spend a lot of time in the hotel. In the evening we did had diner outside the hotel and therefore a taxi is always available in front of the hotel.

Every guest gets a complimentary massage during the stay in the room. We could choose between a back and feet massage which was welcome after a long flight.

Our last day in the afternoon we decided to have a swim in the pool on the upper floor of the hotel. The outside pool was not very warm. We ordered some drinks, easy drinks like iced tea or soft drink but it took over half an hour to bring them. That was the first negative thing about the hotel. The Dome bar was closed that evening because a private event and the upper level and pool would be closed many hours before it would start. We were not happy about it so we asked the concierge Mr. Albert and he made some calls and told us we could have a swim and drink with no problems for the next few hours.

As the Dome bar - which is a must do in Mumbai – was closed on the last day we had a drink the day before. As we arrived after diner, the whole place was full and the unfriendly waiters / maitre would not even help us getting a table. After pushing it a bit we eventually got a table outside. There was a free table but one way or another he would not give it to us. At the end we still got that table and enjoyed some drinks with an excellent view.

Some other thinks we did not like that much about the hotel is the expensive internet and the key cards. The hotel does not have conventional credit card format keys but a small little pen which opens the door. Unfortunately we were given only one and it was sometimes hard to stow it. It got already lost two times.

The hotels location is excellent and the Marine Drive is a safe and ideal neighborhood to stay. I would recommend this hotel and whenever I come back, stay again here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front have beautiful sea views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Max W

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive.

We thank you for you time and detailed feedback on this forum.It is always a privilege to look after Platinum ambassador guests such as yourself .My team and me are extremely delighted to know that we met and exceeded your expectations during your stay with us and we hope to be your continued choice of stay when you travel to this lovely city.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any requirements or assistance if required and we hope to see you soon

Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had a chance to stay at the Intercontinental Marine drive for a day. The Hotel is located in the best possible part of the city and offers the best facilities. The room was suprisingly big and very well furnished with all 5 tar luxuries available.

I would specially like to point out the excellent staff which made our stay very comfortable and enjoyable, Special pint out for -Rushal who was specially was one of the members of the staff who was extremely friendly and helpful.

Would recommend this Hotel to everyone, out of all the 5 star hotels I have stayed in Mumbai , Intercontinental Marine drive is on top of the list.

Room Tip: Ask for a rooom on the higher floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RomilRatra, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive!!

We thank you for your time and effort to write this feedback for our hotel on this forum.The Team at the hotel is extremely delighted to know that you had a lovely stay and also about your words of praise for them.Mr Rushal our Guest service Associate has been conveyed your kind compliments and he is very grateful.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further requirements or assistance that you might require

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I had the most comfortable stay at the Intercontinental Mumbai , On arrival at Mumbai airport I was greeted with a welcome sms and confirming that my pick-up limousine was awaiting me , this followed by a sms for the chauffeurs number just in case I miss seeing him, this being my first visit to India gave me comfort that I was in safe hands, it was easy to find my chauffeur and loved the guided tour and drive to the hotel, at the hotel I was welcomed in a traditional manner with garlands and a personalised welcome letter from the GM. there was a then a guided tour of my room and then a welcome massage with a refreshing drink . The bathroom was most interesting as with both the bath and wc separate giving me a clean dry area, the bed was comfortable and gave me a nice comfortable sleep. Most of all I did get a spacious desk to keep me in touch with my office in Kenya via the free internet. I would recommend Intercontinental to all.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Sea
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RomilRatra, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Mr Jitu

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive

We thank you for sharing such positive and wonderful feedback on this forum.We are always committed to providing world class service and such appreciative comments are a great motivator for the team at the hotel.

We shall ensure that we strive to always meet your needs and requirements and continue to wow you during your further visits.We look forward to welcoming you back to your favorite hotel as soon as possible.Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further requirements