“Out of this world Service”

InterContinental Marine Drive
Ranked #47 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I echo the many other reviews raving about the service here. From the minute I was picked up at the airport until I was dropped back off, I was treated with extreme respect and care. I kept waiting for someone on the team to be the exception but it never happened. Everyone responded with a smile and went above and beyond.

We hosted a seminar at the Intercontinental and it made me proud to have our guests stay and meet here. I'll most definitely be looking for a way to host more programs here.

The rooms, location, views, and food are great too. But what you come home remembering most are the staff. That's what truly sets this place apart.

Room Tip: Seaside rooms are worth the extra money...beautiful!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
RomilRatra, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive.

We thank you for taking the time out to write this review on the tripadvisor forum.

We Truly appreciate your encouraging feedback and have shared it with the entire team at the hotel.We are glad that we made your trip memorable and your events at the hotel were a success.

We hope to see you stay with in the near future again and please do not hesitate to get in touch with me for any requirements

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stay was in March and although a small hotel by Intercontinental standards but outstanding in every way. Staff attentive, room exceptionally clean and view fabulous. By my taste, the Koh restaurant is the best in the world - highly recommended. Sanjay in the concierge area is consummate professional, always helpful. The only draw back - there is no Club Lounge.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and choose a front room which overlooks the Arabian Sea.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive

We thank you for the time and effort in writing your review on this forum.Reviews such as yours motivate the team to reach greater levels of excellence and provide service which is unparalleled across the city and country.We have shared your feedback with Sanjay as well as the entire team at Koh and the hotel and least to say they are thrilled.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me for any further clarifications.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nothing other than the hardware in the room qualifies it for an Intercontinental. The service in rooftop lounge was pathetic at best and the quality if food was bad. Breakfast spread would lose to a three star hotel. All in all nothing compelling to come back to other than the location

• Stayed: May 2013

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive.

We thank you for your review on this forum and I appreciate the time you have taken to bring this matter to our notice and allowing me the opportunity to address your concerns.

At the outset, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. Our Hotel prides itself on the highest degree of customer satisfaction. We have fallen short of your expectations on this occasion which is of great concern to us. Please be rest assured that a record of this report shall be maintained with us in the office and the issue will be taken up with the concerned people.

Would request you to kindly treat this as an exception and an aberration in our services from our side and I am confident that appropriate steps will be taken to ensure that a similar situation will not occur again in the future.

Once again, please accept our extended apologies. We hope to look forward to serving you in the future. Please feel free to get in touch with myself for any further assistance or clarifications required

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is my third stay at the ICH Marine Drive, Mumbai, and it will not be my last. My previous stays were on my own, on my way to, or return from Pune where I do business with an Indian supplier. This time, in celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary my wife accompanied my and the hotel did us proud. We were upgraded to room 773, the best suite in the house and had a welcome 'Happy Anniversary' cake in our sitting room and rose petal bath in the en-suite bathroom to welcome us. The staff were wonderful and cared for our every need with enthusiasm and always a huge smile. If I singled out individuals it would be unfair to the rest. Language was rarely a problem and the few misunderstandings were always corrected with grace and humour.
The hotels location is away from the hubbub of Colaba and the main tourist attractions and in my option the better for it. The Gateway of India is perhaps 25 minutes walk, but hey, a taxi costs about 70-100 rupees, that's about £0.90 - £1.10, and is always a huge laugh. On the other hand the sunset view from the Dome bar/bistro on the roof is unforgettable. The hotel boasts three restaurants, Corleone, (Italian), Kebab Corner, (Indian) & Koh, Thai & Chinese), the latter boasting an award winning celebrity Thai chef. In our opinion Koh beats the other two and if you forced me to criticise anything about the hotel, I would say that Corleone cooks pasta like I cook rice, and that's not very well. In comparison to the rest if the hotel however this comment is almost irrelevant.
As I sit here in our comfortable sitting room I'm sorry to be leaving in the morning but confident in my prediction that I will return.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
RomilRatra, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive!!

We thank you for sharing such heartening and wonderful feedback on this forum.We are always committed to providing world class service and such appreciative comments are the greatest motivator for the team at the hotel.

We also thank you for your patronage and continued loyalty to our hotel and brand.We shall ensure that we strive to always meet your needs and requirements and continue to wow you during your further visits.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your favorite hotel in this city as soon as possible.Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further requirements

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have visited this hotel yesterday on 09.04.2013. Location of hotel is very nice. Roof top bar is too good and beautiful. I have specially visited the lounge and it was a nice experience.
Some of table in first row toward sea face can available subject to minimum billing.
Overall live music, ac Dom seating as well as open to sky with sea view from top is too good.

Room Tip: You must visit top floor lounge once during mumbai visit at evening.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr Patel

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive.

We thank you for taking the time from your schedule to write this lovely review about the Dome at our hotel.As mentioned by you in your feedback ,the Dome is indeed an extremely special venue and one of its kind in this vibrant city.Its also on the list of must visit places when you take a trip to South Mumbai.We are glad that you experienced the Ambiance and service at the Dome and we hope to see you again shortly.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further requirements

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Picked up from the airport dead on time and assisted with our luggage, or rather I was, the driver didn't help my fiance with hers, which provided us with some amusement! Car was a C-Class Merc.

As a Gold Ambassador our room was immediately upgraded to a large suite with bay view. However, it also had a view of a rather dilapidated building in sight. So in some ways the upgrade was a bit of a double-edged sword as I'd actually booked a direct ocean view room, so what we gained in size we lost a little with the view. Nonetheless, it was still nice to wake up and see the superb Mumbai coastline first thing in the morning and I have no doubt if I had mentioned this I'd have been moved to another room with the view I desired. But I am not that retentive about these things.

I was given a free in room spa treatment. The treatment - foot massage - was very well done but it was a bit odd having it done in the room with my partner sitting there reading. If the room was not a large suite I think this may be even odder.

Rooms are spotless and well designed, aircon works perfectly and is near silent. Room service is quick and polite.

Staff are incredibly polite and remember your name on most occasions. One slight blip was one evening on the roof terrace I asked for a ocean facing seat and the restaurant manager initially refused and asked if I was a guest. I responded I was and he checked my room number, I think he then realised I was a gold ambassador as he immediately gave us the best table and from then on was impeccably behaved toward us at every opportunity, always ensuring we had whatever table we wanted when we wanted it.

Very good quality and interesting food in all restaurants. Cocktails are well made with good measures.

My partner was ill on and off (caught something in Jodhpur) and the hotel always asked after her and assisted by sending food to the room and calling a doctor when needed. Due to her being ill we spent a lot of time in the room and it became a home from home.

This is a high quality hotel in a prize location and has acheived the difficult goal of being a chain that also manages to offer personal service.

We shall be back in Mumbai later this year and we'll be staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Gold Ambassadors will get a room upgrade.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Squicker531

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive

Firstly we would like to thank you for the detailed and wonderful feedback on this forum.It is always a privilege to have loyal IHG Ambassadors such as yourself stay with us.We have shared your insightful feedback with the rest of the team at the hotel and they are delighted to know that you have had a pleasant stay with us.Your points of concern have been discussed with key people and shall be dealt with immediately.

We look forward to your next visit and please do not hesitate to get in touch with me for any further requirements or assistance

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Marine Drive Intercontinental in Mumbai is a pleasant surprise.

The positives:

a great sea front location on the "queen's necklace" bay;

good size rooms of good (but not outstanding) quality;

its good value for an Intercon;

a boutique size, style and decoration with some great local style; and

great staff.

The qualifications:

this is NOT a large hotel so don't expect a large gym or many dining choices;

NO lounge; and

MOST IMPORTANTLY CHECK ITS LOCATION RELATED TO WHERE ELSE YOU NEED TO GET TO IN MUMBAI. GETTING TO AND FROM ITS LOCATION CAN TAKE A LONG TIME IN RUSH HOUR.

All in all worth coming back to (this is my second stay).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
RomilRatra, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive!!

We thank you for your lovely review about the hotel on this tripadvisor forum and also appreciate the time and effort spent on writing it.We have shared your review with the team at the hotel and they are glad to know that you chose us as your preferred destination in this city.

We will look forward to your continued visits so that we can surpass your expectations every time and delight you repeatedly when you stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further requirements or assistance