My family and I stayed at the Intercontinental as the first stop on a 4 week trip to India. Tried to book the Taj Palace but it was booked and we were recommended this Hotel.
The hotel is a modern five star. Rooms are huge and very comfortable (you pay for it!) and my kids enjoyed the fact that there was a pillow and quilt menu. They used a different one every night (they said the silk quilts were the best).
Only complaint was the the high tech lighting system which needs a room key (a small electronic pass) to switch on. Make sure to ask for two since the lights switch off after a few minutes without the key in the slot. don't loose it since they are $20 to replace.
Service was excellent, not the best in India, but certainly first class. Restaurants were very good but also very expensive as was the internet service (250 rupees for one hour, standard for five star hotels in India) During the rest of the trip I used internet cafes available everywhere for 20 rupees/ hr .
Best ice cream ever is available on the next block (turn left). We also ordered takeaway from a Mumbai institution, Gaylords, two blocks away and ate dinner in our rooms when we came back exhausted from tours.
India was wonderful but exhausting. A comfortable hotel and great service allows for a quick recovery!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Marine Drive Mumbai is distinguished by sweeping sea views, intimate surroundings and an address near the Nariman Point business district. A few minutes away are the Gateway of India, Jehangir Art Gallery, St. Thomas Cathedral and the National Centre for the Performing Arts. Nearby Elephanta Caves is a World Heritage site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Marine Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Marine Drive Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Intercontinental Hotel Bombay
- Intercontinental Mumbai Hotel
- Intercontinental Bombay