“For people of all religions and faiths”
Review of Mount Mary Church

Mount Mary Church
Book In Advance
More Info
$97.33*
and up
Private Tour: Customizable Mumbai Sightseeing Including Elephanta Caves or...
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This is a beautiful Roman Catholic Church which is very famous for the week-long Bandra fair which takes place here every year in September.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This church is well known across Mumbai and there are huge crowds during the Mount Mary fair. I must confess I did not go when the fair was on and I liked the visit. It is a big church and beautiful !

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Mount Mary countless number of times. This is one of my favorite places in Mumbai - please note my review is based on almost all my visits at Midnight or very early morning.
So usually I am the only one at this place at that hour or very rarely accompanied by another sole looking for peace.
This place is magnetic and divine at night. You can feel the full blown wind of the Arabian sea while standing on the stairs.
Whatever time you visit you will find this family selling candles in various colors and sizes. So you can burn a candle if you feel like.
I can go on an on.... In short It's a must visit if you are in Mumbai.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

If you are looking forward to spend some time relaxing and seeing the old architecture of India then this place is a must visit. I have visited this place with my wife luckily in September and this place was lit by the Bandara festival.

1  Thank GrainVodka
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I was first taken to Mount Mary Church by my friend Swapna who stays in mumbai. We went to the church at around 12am to light candles and pray. I found it so awesome to be able to go there at night in complete peace and solace and pray! Post this we went to Bandstand and spent hours there sitting and watching the sea and chitchatting a bit ! This is best place for me in Bombay :)

1  Thank Annestasia
Reviewed June 19, 2014

The word is feel good for this place, im not a christian but have been to the bandra mount mary church on few ocasions , and it is a must visit if one is in bandra