“Lived up to my expectation”
Review of Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #487 of 14,722 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Join us for our Sunday Brunch at Le Pain Quotidien and savour our unlimited a la carte menu. Choose from a broad selection of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options prepared with the freshest and choicest of ingredients, accompanied by our organic breads. A set menu which changes weekly allows guests to order as many items as they like from classic breakfast dishes to hot entrees and specials, all inspired from the traditional menu. Watch out for the free-flowing supply of our home-made sangrias, local beer and wine and selected cocktails! Timing: Sundays, 12-3:30 pm, with last call at 3:00 pm. Price: Rs. 1250 + taxes (without alcohol) Rs. 1450 + taxes (with alcohol) Prices are subject to change
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went here for a 10 course tasting menu which was paired with a bottle of fratelli wine. Great value. All the courses were superb. And honestly i was,not expecting that. The atmosphere was typical LPQ and service was with a big smile. Totally worth the money paid. Infact i see a great future for this concept of a tasting menu. Will certainly be back. Dishes of the evening for me was the first course which was basically a open faced sandwhich with smoked chicken and the last course which was a trio of deserts one of them with marshmallows and nuts almost like rocky road. Well done guys!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My first brush with LPQ was in Dubai and I have been their fan ever since. Naturally I was ecstatic when I saw their outlet at Colaba. Everything about this outlet is commendable - the decor, lighting, baking counter, display of desserts et al.

To begin with, I especially like the simple yet wholesome menu they have devised. The daily special soup is a delicacy in it's own right and serves as a good starter.

We had the famous Tartines for appetizers and the Seared Basil Chicken with chilli potatoes, pesto & lemon sauce for the main course. We also sampled a variety of desserts on both the occasions and have been more or less satisfied with the taste and service. The only grouse is the high price of most of the dishes, which really does not make this a repeat visit.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The good: if you crave European style breads, good coffees, imported spreads (delicious fruit jams) that go beyond tasteless jam and mediocre nutella chocolate then yes, it's good. I'd go there for breakfast or a coffee/tea without too much hesitation. The atmosphere is quite relaxed, waitstaff is not pushy and the place is not loud.

The bad: The breads served are not always as fresh as they should be -I should add at this point that I hail from Belgium which incidentally is also the home country of the pain Quotidien chain so I do know my breads and don't keel over when tasting a sourdough tang- because they're probably baked at night and sometimes sold after reaching peak freshness. As for their tartines: (slices of bread with toppings) they're not always prepared the way they should be. The hot dishes are frankly not worth ordering: what -just an example- is the point of putting a dish on the menu described as crisply baked potato wedges, grilled chicken and salad only to drown it all under an insipid sauce, making the potatoes soggy, wilting the salad and ruining the grilled chicken? Otoh the carrot/coriander soup was excellent, as was the gazpacho.

The south Mumbai branch is certainly not up to snuff with the international standards of the chain -I had breakfast/lunch both in a couple of Brussels locations as well as in the US- where standards were quite a couple of notches higher. A friend told me that their branch at BKC complex in Mumbai is a lot better but I can't say as I did not visit there.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Been coming here since they opened; never had a single negative experience as far as service is concerned. For the food, it is standard to this brand: wherever in the world you enter a franchise LPQ you know what you will get.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We had heard a lot about te place, but were disappointed with our overall experience . A couple of things that we liked were the ambience and the service . Absoluetly top class. But the quality of food and the serving size was appalling ! Dissapointing for a restaurant with Michelin star associations