“Sea food buffet lunch”

Ranked #1,353 of 14,933 Restaurants in Mumbai
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Juhu
Description: Walk in to an ambience specially crafted for you to enjoy a perfect dining experience.Select a pan-aromatic Asian menu which has now become an essential ingredient in all sections of the culinary world. Delectable cuisine cooked in good old charcoal and grilled forms. Add to that, the best of coastal cuisine in line with the taste and nutrition of Indian cooking.We have also created an exclusive seafood menu that ensures that every catch is treated individually, blended with particular spices and herbs and cooked in a manner to retain its natural flavor. It is also recommended that a regular seafood diet is necessary for a healthy heart, eye, brain and mind.To complete the circle, we have also thought of a complete lunch buffet for the busy corporate and a leisurely Sunday brunch for the entire family.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Hotel Juhu Residency runs Pebbles in two locations. Although we have visited both, this review is on the in-house restaurant at Juhu. Let me also qualify that we went for Sunday Buffet lunch so can't comment on other items on menu.

Location: On main Juhu Tara road, diagonally opposite to Mariott hotel. They do have valet service which is very convenient on the busy road. Hotel has 3 restaurants and Pebbles is located on the 4th floor.

Ambiance : Compared to the newer avatar at Andheri, this place is smaller in size but it has a lot of natural sunlight. The decor is ok - nothing to complain about but nothing to rave about as well. The seating (table space) is a little cramped but seats are comfortable.

Service : I have seen many negative reviews on service on some other sites as well. However, we didn't face much issue. The manager happened to be the first person we met and he greeted us before asking us where we would prefer to sit. The captain and waiters were attentive; they kept on checking with us if we wanted any repeats. The only -ve for me was a basic expectation in India that the water is provided without asking was not met, but overall I would say the service was great. I hope they are consistent as the restaurant was only 40% full. Like their Andheri branch here too they offer iPad for A-la-carte menu.

Buffet : The seafood buffet was priced at Rs.940+ (including taxes). But it included UNLIMITED beverages- mocktails/soft drinks/ice tea etc, beer, house wine (red/white). The overall package was something like this:
2 Soups - Chicken Manchow & Prawns Burnt Garlic
6 Starters - Chicken Banjara kabab, Basa fish with Basil & chilli, Andhra Prawns, Squid in Goan chlli fry, Chicken Drumstic in Shechuan sauce, Crab Tandoori
2 Salads - Chargrilled Chicken Salad & Prawn Pasta Salad
3 Mains - Surmai Gassi, Prawns masala, Awadhi Mutton & Chicken balls in gravy
Breads - Roti, appam (live counter), neer dosa
Rice - steamed rice, tomato rice, malaysian noodles
6 Desserts - Fresh fruits, Ice cream, Gulab jamun, chocolate mousse, meringue, chocolate cake.
Drinks, soup & starters are served on the table.

Food : I was impressed with the seafood quality. It was top notch and we could taste the freshness of it in each bite. All food items are toned down. The stars of the day, in the order of brilliance, were Tandoori Crabs - they were small in size but had very very fresh & tasty, Basa Chilli, Appam & creamy Gassi, Chicken Drumstick and notably ALL desserts were surprisingly lip smacking. Its very rear that you get good desserts in a buffet spread. The not so impressive parts - soups can be given a total miss, prawn & squid were fresh but they were a bit over cooked, rice/noodle were okayish.

Verdict : In a cosmo city like Mumbai taking a risk of serving pure non-veg (that too sea food prominent) buffet is a daring, but the results are brilliant. The pricing is on higher side and may suit well for those who prefer flowing beer/wine along with their meals. In fact the house wine (we tasted white wine) was excellent. The main course dishes lacked punch & overcooked prawns didn't help much. However, that creamy non spicy Gassi tasted divine with the hot appams. Our food orgy lasted for 2 hours and when I paid the bill in a completely satiated status I felt it was definitely money's worth. We were so full for the next 7/8 hours that we skipped our dinner. I will surely go back to eat that beautiful Tandoori crab & other sea food items & the yummy deserts.

2  Thank P D

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had gone here for a special occasion and God, the spread was a nightmare. Right from the soup (which had ground crab shell along with the meat) to the Tandoori fish (which made me wish I had chosen the coal instead), I cursed my choice. I shall NEVER go back here, again.

2  Thank A J
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Honestly we were a little reluctant to go to pebbles. First i am a bit fussy with Chinese food and restaurants particularly where sea food smell lingers too much. Second i am quite scared of the restaurants which are part of the Hotels (poor distant cousins of the parent business). But all were allayed as we went in. There was a long waiting, about 45 minutes but we persisted. That's usually a sign of a restaurant which not only serves good food but also which does'nt pesters the people to eat and have the way out. Turned out to be a good, very good restaurant. The food was excellent and the ambiance despite being not a very big restaurant with quite a few guys inside was still good. Its a good try for anyone in Mumbai.

2  Thank Cassiopaeia
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Most of the people recommend this restaurant for Sea Food. This restaurant also have good vegetarian options as well and they are probably better then some of the Veg Only restaurant.

2  Thank AtulKB
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Excellent service and awesome sea food preparation. I specifically went to have a Crab, I had a tandoori one, it was good. Though the restaurant has changed its name from Trishna to Pebbles, the service and food is still the same, though the prices have increased a lot.

3  Thank surprizezunltd