“Great introduction to Bombay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bravo Bombay

Bravo Bombay
Ranked #8 of 93 Tours in Mumbai (Bombay)
More attraction details
Owner description: We love Bombay (aka Mumbai), a city with a pulse so strong you will feel it the minute you exit the airport. At 'Bravo Bombay' we wish accompany you to show you around our city, share its history and anecdotes. Get to know you a little better and tell you a little about us. Our tours are guided, informational and conversational.
Vancouver, Canada
“Great introduction to Bombay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

On a rainy Sunday afternoon in late July, I saw Bombay for the first time--and, as a single female traveler, I'm glad that Hemali was my guide. She is charming and friendly, but always professional, and she led me to places I'd have felt uncomfortable approaching on my own. At the Hare Krishna temple, we were invited to partake in the temple meal, sitting on the floor and eating with our hands--I was the only foreigner there! Touring with Hemali felt like hanging out with a friend, but a friend with deep knowledge of the city. The tour was a combination of driving, stopping, and walking; in monsoon season, it was definitely the right choice to have car transport. At each stop, she would provide background details that added to my experience. We would stop for as long as I wanted; never did I feel rushed. I would be delighted to take another tour with Hemali and highly recommend her for a personalized tour.

Visited July 2014

Wayne, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A real Pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were a family of five, some of us traveling to India for the first time. Mumbai was our first stop. we spent two days with Hemali and it was such a pleasure. She is very knowledgeable about her city but most importantly, she was easy and gracious and mixed well with the entire family.

Highly recommended!

Visited June 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Delightful day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We spent a wonderful day with Hemali touring Mumbai while on a cruise. She met us at the dock with a driver and spent the day showing us her incredible city. She was attentive to our interests and made tremendous use of our limited time to show us Mumbai in a way that never seemed rushed. She adapted easily to the diverse interests of our group of 4. In addition to being extremely well versed and knowledgeable, Hemali herself is charming and most pleasant. Sometimes 8 hours can seem a long time but with Hemali, we left feeling like we made a friend. Highly recommended! We will definitely use Hemali next time we are in Mumbai.

Visited April 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Wonderful Full Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Four of us had an excellent, informative and insightful day in April with Hemali. She took us to many sites of great interest well off the usual tourist trail - an outdoor laundry, Jain and Krishna temples, a wonderful and colorful wedding, the giant Bangra Tank up in the Malabar Hills, a stop for tea at the Taj with a view of the waterfront, an extensive walk through the main market, the park and other interesting stops.

Hemali shared her love of Mumbai (she and her family live in the same location as they have for generations) and was able to make the many jarring contrasts Mumbai offers to come to life. She is well-versed in history, contemporary culture, politics - her conversational style is engaging and her candor and pleasant personality made for a most memorable day.

We traveled overseas for two months - Burma to Italy - but our one full day with Hemali was the very best "tour" we had in all of that time in all of those countries. We happily and enthusiastically recommend Bravo Bombay to anyone and everyone looking for a far more intimate, intelligent and wide ranging experience in a city that is fascinating but also overwhelming to the visitor. Bravo Hemali!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Morleydembo
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Best day ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

If you only have 7 free hours in this unforgettable city email Hemali (owner and tour guide) today. Not only will she show you the authentic , local sight and sounds but she can navigate the traffic better than any cab driver in town. She will maximize your time and if I had another free day here I would definitely hire her again. She will keep the locals off your back and bargain for items you want to buy. She is educated, well spoken, knows the local history but won't professor you to death. I'm sure your experience will be as enjoyable as mine.