“Blast in Bombay”
Review of Bravo Bombay

Bravo Bombay
Ranked #12 of 115 Tours in Mumbai
More attraction details
Owner description: We love Bombay (aka Mumbai), a city with a pulse so strong you will feel it the minute you exit the airport. At 'Bravo Bombay' we wish accompany you to show you around our city, share its history and anecdotes. Get to know you a little better and tell you a little about us. Our tours are guided, informational and conversational.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

After 16 days touring India with a variety of guides having the opportunity to tour our last couple of days with Hemali was pure joy leaving us wanting more. Her warmth, experience, knowledge and "special" treats she planned for us went beyond all our expectations. Starting off with an in-depth tour of the laundry facility in Bombay was quite a jolt to our system - amazing. She then moved us to a Hare Krishna Temple just as a service was going on - super interesting. Lunch followed in the restaurant owned by the Temple which was the absolute best lunch we had anywhere in India. after a visit to Ghandi's home, some boutiques shopping and a visit to a Jewish Synagogue we departed in need of some rest to gear up for the next day which we had no doubt would be as awesome. Bright and early Hemali arrived with the same car and driver and off we went to spend the day witnessing the recycling system and slums of Mumbai. I am unable to put into words and it would take paragraph upon paragraph to express how amazing, wonderful and most important meaningful she made our last day in India with these experiences. Touring with her is not to be missed!!! I am leaving out all the little "extra" stops along the way for "treats" , "touring" and information about this great city. Don't hesitate Hemali is fabulous in every way.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"private tour"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We only had a day in Mumbai. I know that sounds so silly, but we couldn't find reasonably-priced accommodations, so we splurged but decided to stay only one night, upscale. Having such a short time in Mumbai, we fortunately had Hemali to show us around, with a great car and driver at hand. Hemali is enthusiastic and charming, and will make your tour interesting and fun. In the afternoon we toured the slum with Shankar. I must admit it was a little challenging for me at times, as I have an overly sensitive nose and sometimes get claustrophobic. All the same, the slum was not what I expected it to be, so it was informative and interesting on all levels. If you go with Bravo Bombay, your tour(s) will be memorable!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'd highly recommend using Hemali at www.bravobombay.com to give you an initial overview of the city when you arrive. She will take you places you wouldn't normally go to learn the inner workings of generation old traditional systems, like the clothing washers and lunch meal deliverers. These insights and the information she provides give you a perspective on the culture and place you won't find otherwise. A day with her will cover most of the main sites and help you decide what you spend time doing the rest of your stay in Mumbai. Hemali was fun to be with and the tour was flexible based on what your interest are. A great investment for your stay in Bombay.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Our guide was so lovely a well spoken girl who was very knowledgeable! We went around the city and fit a lot in the amount of time we had. We then met Hemali who was so lovely and gave us presents when we left! She does not have her own car or driver which made the total cost a lite expensive for what it was. However the service and hospitality was great! The driver picked us up from the airport and then dropped us to our hotel.

1  Thank Biancaleigh
See more reviews
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recognised shortdated before my trip to India that I would have a full day in Bombay before my trip to the south began. I picked Bravo Bombay by the professional look of the website, didn’t even know what sights we were about to see before the tour.
When Hemali turned up I was so positively surprised by her appearance. She has a professional yet warmhearted, lovely charisma. I actually had the feeling I was strolling through Mumbai with a friend. You can really feel she is loving her job, her city and her life.
We had a truly awesome day. Hemali took me to some local places and the last stop was a Hindu temple where a ceremony was just going on. The temple was so crowded, but the guards knew Hemali and would smuggle us through. The ceremony was wonderful to watch! I enjoyed every minute of the tour as well as talking to Hemali and her outstanding view of life.