“The best home stay in Mumbai”

Explore Globe Mumbai Homestay
Ranked #3 of 399 Mumbai (Bombay) B&B and Inns
Palolem, India
“The best home stay in Mumbai”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed at Sachin's place for 2 days upon arrival in India. The apartment was already rented out so I was offered to stay together with Sachin and his family in their apartment, which I was very happy for. I got my own room and had my own privacy, but at the same time I felt highly accepted as a part of the family and we had such a good time and good conversations together. On top of that, Sachin's mum is a wonderful cook.
Sachin himself is the perfect host and guide. He came to pick me up in the airport, unexpectedly. He is such a great guy and always up for good and inspiring conversations. As a female travelling alone I felt very good and safe in his company. He is extremely helpful in any situation and really does the best for his guests. It is easy to sense that his job is his passion.
He expects to receive a donation for guiding around, which I find highly fair as this is his job.

So, if you go to Mumbai I will strongly recommend you to meet this guy and stay at his place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank diddebjoern

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Paris, France
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This journey began in before I even left for Delhi, when Sachin helped me to plan my entire trip in India. We decided on a visit to Jibhi, so Sachin helped me to book a bus from Delhi north into Himachal Pradesh and the small Village of Jibhi.
There we stayed at a homestay in a small cottage nestled up on the side of a mountain just above a little river. We were greeted by Sachin's family who provided us with a map on arrival of several different hikes and day treks to take from the cabin and even guided us on some themselves. They are truly wonderful people and give a great feeling of being at ease.
Our stay was so wonderful and peaceful, I would highly recommend letting Sachin help you explore India. He has guided us to some unforgettable memories and a great love for India.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank isabel_moving
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We started our one month journey of India in the beginning of February, Mumbai was our first destination.We found this place trought airbnb. Sachin came and picked us up from the airport at really early hours, we thought we would have to menage our way to his place on our own, luckily he was waiting for us outside the terminal, probably a few hours.
Staying at his place was a real eye opener for the real life of India and how they actually live. Apartment is located in a suburbs, where you will find no tourists, which was for us a plus. Best guide, best value for money. You dont get just a room, but a whole apartment with functioning kitchen and western toilet, plus a caring host, and possibly a friend!
He would check up if you arrived in the apartment safely when the hours starts being late, this is especially important for alone traveling girls!
Excellent guide to whom you can turn to at any point on your trip in India for advice, help, booking a train or other hotels, he has good connections and recommendations for places to stay and ways around! This is for him a job, altho he doesnt ask, tip him for his services as much as you can afford!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank xbig_girl
sachinc15nov, Owner at Explore Globe Mumbai Homestay, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
thanks Ana

I am happy that i could manage to give you real and true feel and experience of india.
I tried from my side best , but also it was your curiosity and enthusiasm to understand the culture and community helped you lot to get an experience of the place and country.

Sachin
Mysuru (Mysore), India
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Many travellers I met told me they found Mumbai stressful, especially if it was their port of arrival in India. This will not be the case if you stay in Sachin's apartment. If you stay with him your stay in Mumbai is guaranteed to be a rewarding experience.

Sachin met me at the airport. His apartment is about an hour by train to the centre of Mumbai, but this in itself is what makes staying there a great experience as you get to see a residential part of Mumbai and get used to riding the trains! The pleasant area where the apartment is has an interesting local market (which Sachin will guide you through introducing you to local snacks), beautiful temples and a serene park where locals congregate in the evening.

I found the apartment cosy and very comfortable. Much more homely than a hotel room.

Sachin offers his services as a guide and one day he took me all around Mumbai, which meant I got to see a lot more of the city and relax as I wasn't always searching for places. Sachin is a very genuine open person and nothing feels forced. We did some cooking together and one evening I cooked for his family.

Staying with Sachin will give you a lot more confidence before setting off on your adventures around India. He helped me organise an Indian SIM card and dongal and took me to the train station to buy my onward ticket. He is also on hand to help you arrange further travel and accommodation in India. I stayed with a lovely lady in a remote seaside town which I would never have found through Lonely Planet! He has also helped me book train tickets as I travel through India. All in all staying with Sachin is really a must!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank lisainindia
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Sachin was the perfect guide to bring us around the whole of Mumbai. We went from south to Central to north and I'm sure we seen many things we would not have if we had tried to navigate on our own. Although we didn't stay at his place cause of a slight mix up with bookings this was only a small hiccup and he recommended somewhere fine for us instead. I would have no hesitation in recommending Sachin as a guide for anyone that wants to get a real sense of Mumbai!!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank del1978
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We visited Mumbai for two nights in feb 14.
Sachin met us at the airport and dropped us to the hostel. Although we didn't stay with due to the apartment already being in use, Sachin was our guide for the two days.
Without him we wouldn't have seen the real Mumbai, he showed us south, central and north Mumbai. A real gentleman and great guide for a fantastic city.
Couldn't say enough about him, and if you crave the real city, life and culture of Mumbai you couldn't get better!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Sachin's apartment was already booked on the days that I was traveling to Mumbai so instead I stayed with his family for two nights in their home. I was there only a short time (2 days and 2 nights) and used Sachin as my guide. He was very knowledgeable about Mumbai and brought me to many places. On my first day there we left the house at 6 am and returned at midnight! Sachin brought me to see some caves that had a lot of very entertaining monkeys, as well as to the fish market, water buffalo farms, and all of the other main sites and monuments around Mumbai. He also introduced me to many new foods. We used local transit such as the train which gives a great experience of day to day travel in Mumbai. Before I even arrived in Mumbai, Sachin was assisting me in booking a train ticket. He also called the rickshaw driver that took me to the airport to make sure that I arrived there alright. I would highly recommend Sachin as a tour guide to see Mumbai. He goes above and beyond to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo