“BEST host you can have”

Explore Globe Mumbai Homestay
Ranked #3 of 401 Mumbai (Bombay) B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed only two nights in Sachins Apartment, but we had three AWESOME days! Sachin is the most devoted, friendly and helpful host and Mumbai guide you can imagine.
You stay in his apartment alone, one room plus bathroom, toilet and kitchen. It´s a nice experience to have your own little home in Mumbai, especially for all travelers who doesn't want to feel like a typical tourist. The flat is basic, indian style. Don't expect anything fancy. But who wants it fancy, if there is Sachin and his family!! They live just around the corner, in the evening the mother cooked for us and let me even sneak into the kitchen to learn some things. They are incredibly nice and charming, I loved them from the very first second.
And Sachin, well he is the best host and guide you can have! He not just offers you the flat, it includes ALL his help and travel service! He got up at four in the morning to help my friend getting a Rickshaw, then he stayed awake two more hours to go with me to the fish market. An amazing experience. He also went one day through whole Mumbai with us. Don't hesitate, go to Sachin - he is a GREAT guy!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SvenjaBerlin
There are newer reviews for Explore Globe Mumbai Homestay

Reviewed November 24, 2013

From the beginning of planning our trip to India, Sachin has been a gem. He helped with tickets, he shared his experience & advice (without the hard sell of majority of tour guides). Unfortunately we didnt get to stay at Sachins due to visa issues but we still spent a couple of days with him in Mumbai as our guide.He showed us around, taking all the uncertainty we would experience had we not had him with us. Thankyou so much Sachin, for all the time & effort you put into our journey.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LindaCraig68
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hey! I stayed in Sachins apartment for 4 days and it was a great experience, especially because it is my first time in India and Mumbai was my first stop. He showed me around and it was a good mix of tourist stops and places I would have never gone to by myself. Sachin is a great guy and was very helpfull with planning my further journey, esp. booking the train ticket and finding other accommodations. Being a girl traveling by myself I felt very safe with Sachin by my side. I can absolutely recommend his homestay if you are looking for the real indian experience!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank SarahLeonie
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were looking for best package for honeymoon. Sachin had guide us. I think Sachin is right person to whom you can approach to make your trip success. Firstly we took halt at Sachin's homestay in Mulund then he arranged trip to Kullu, Manali & Jibhi (Himachal Pradesh). We had very good experience at Jibhi. The resort location at Jibhi was excellent and perfect for newly wedded couples. Food & their services were also nice. There are many spots to visit nearby resort such as natural waterfall, Nagmata Mandir.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NiranjanRane
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Sachin is very nice person and his apartment/place is very excellent to stay. He took a bit more care on me as I am a handicap person. He was in person guiding with us for a week. He is an excellent guide as well as good helper. He brought us bread, butter, milk, eggs, bananas, curd etc to our place as per our request. Apart from guide he is also doing all sort of tourist requirements, arranging tour to anywhere in India etc. He also arranged us to go to Shiridi darshan for one day and back. He booked all the necessary tickets, stay room for this. Overall stay in his place is nice and it's nominal. I strongly recommend anybody that you can willfully stay in his apartment.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Miruthula
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I thoroughly recommend Sachin as a host who an give a great insight to real India. Sachin is willing to share in your experiences as well as advise you on what's available locally. His apartment in Mumbai is well situated next to vibrant markets and no more than an hour away from most Mumbai tourist experiences. He also has links to many other cultural experiences throughout India, all of which seem exciting to me. He is an honest person driven by a powerful motivation - to share in cultural experience for the benefit of global cohesion. :-)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Ian C
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Sachin provided a fantastic standard of service for us both before and during our stay in Mumbai. The tour of the city was excellent and gave us a useful introduction to the city and helped us to understand Indian life as well as showing us the key sights. Sachin knows the best places to stop off for snacks too :)

We were also very grateful that he could help us to book some train tickets, which would have been very difficult to do from the UK and it was important to do this in advance to make sure we could get a seat. He will make sure you know where you're going for onward travel. He also gave us some curry cookery tips and made us a delicious mutton curry for dinner one evening. His family were very accommodating to allow this to take place.

The homestay flat is a little further out from the centre than most tourist hotels, and is quite basic but it is in a nice area with a park nearby and some great restaurants that Sachin can recommend - we ate at Campus, just down the road (very good dosas).

Overall we would highly recommend Sachin's services and homestay if you want to have a great introduction to Mumbai.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple