“too icy”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Yogurtbay

Yogurtbay
Ranked #162 of 289 Dessert in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“too icy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

the yoghurts are too icy and lose the flavor, i think they can do better. the toppings offered are not that drastically different from other yoghurt bars

Visited August 2012

“Yogurt or Ice-cream??”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Its a little complicated to decide what i had. I was at the Kemps Corner Branch. Could not taste any good Yogurt Ice-cream... and i have had Yogurt Ice-cream in Dubai earlier and it was much better. This is more like a come and go shop and i would not suggest anyone to waste money here as the ice-creams are expensive(least tasteless...except for the paid toppings). They can improve alot if they serve authentic Yogurt Ice-cream. Not recommended. Service was the only thing commendable.

• Visited July 2012
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Different experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

it is almost like an ice-cream but is actually made from yogurt.... very hard to believe that it is actually not an ice-cream.....this is for the sundaes....but for basic yogurt just with flavors it is known....but again it is very different from the normal yogurt...i liked it a lot..!!

Visited June 2012
New Delhi, India
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

I went to Carter road outlet. There were many yogurt desert shop but this one in particular had a long queue outside. So out of curiosity me and my friend decided to try it.
It was very nice, we took blueberry cheesecake flavor and jack sparrow which had fruit poppers.
Next day we again went to same outlet to have Jack sparrow.
Thanks,
Regards,

Visited May 2012
Bengaluru, India
“Heartfull in a cup, for sweet cravers with no guilt!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

When I came down from Bangalore for a couple of weeks, the first thing my sweet toothed wife told me was to go to Yogurtbay and try the "Blueberry Cheese cake".

As a die hard fan of ice creams, smoothies and yogurts I decided to visit the place at the next available instant!

One evening post dinner, to satisfy those cool cravings, we decided to drive down to Yogurtbay. Located conveniently just next to the Cafe Coffee Day on Carter Road, it was easy to find. They welcome you with some colorful cushions on the three stairs to their door. You can grab your yogurt and relax outside with some chatting and some people watching.

If you can enter at the first instance do so, cos the way they are getting more and more followers, the place is always packed. Trust me as I have been there 4 times in two weeks.

The interiors are small but the wall facing the door has a cool graphic on it. The shop has three machines and a counter for them to whip up their creations. Behind the machines, up on the wall is their menu which has their parfaits for the breakfast yogurt, the smoothies for the ones in a rush and then their yogurt sundaes like the Chunky Monkey or the Strawbella!

The boys behind the counter believe in service with a smile! They are efficient, courteous and generous in the way they serve their customers. They offer you a taste or a recommendation. I would suggest going with the flavor of the day.

The flavor of the day is not really a simple yogurt but a whole sundae in itself. I started with looking for the highly recommended blueberry cheesecake. But it was conspicuous in its absence! I could hear people around me ordering for their cheesecake, but I just couldnt see it on the menu or on the machines! A clever marketing trick which has worked wonders for them!

So finally I get to ordering the cheesecake. They pour in a whole generous portion of their patented cheesecake flavor, top it up with the crumbs and the blueberries. My cup brimmeth and was full!

One spoonful taking in the yogurt, the berry & the crust and I could feel the cheesecake in my mouth. It took me less than 5 minutes to finish the entire cup!

The yogurt itself has got the right amount of sweet and tart so that it is not too icy, not too creamy and yet gives you all the guilt free dessert eating. Their toppings are fresh and they give you all your money's worth.

On my other jaunts to their shop I tried the cookies and cream, peaches & mango and malt. All once again highly recommended!

They are reasonably priced. Not too cheap like the largest coffee chain in India and not over the top like the German sounding American ice cream chain in Oberoi Mall!

Once you taste, you won't stop. So what are you waiting for!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Rajiv78
Yogurtbay, Manager at Yogurtbay, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thanks a lot for you flattering review, didn't notice anyone looking us up so close other than the newspaper and magazine reviewers. To think that a guest at our parlor went to this extent to show their appreciation for our efforts is surely flattering, and we promise we, we won't tone down our pursuit of perfection, and please do drop in again.